Falcons at Cardinals gameday thread 10-13-19

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Wait, I thought being a rookie is just an excuse . . .
And Reddick was the 13th pick, aren’t we supposed to have high expectations for high draft picks . . . ?
It is an excuse for the scheme.

Reddick has been a disappointment...not sure if you want to start comparing Reddick to Murray if that is what you are going for.

If you are trying to equate rookie players who were taken outside of the first round to the #1 pick overall I think it is a stupid argument.

Personally, if you are trying to call me out on something, you probably should go with something better than whatever you were going for here. As is, it just seems like you are trying to instigate some sort of debate about Murray on a day where pretty much the entire board thinks he played well.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I HATE the term "haters", almost always stick up for those deemed as such, but good gravy folks... the people who still refuse to admit the Kyler pick was the right way to go and that he has such tremendous upside AND has been playing very very well overall on the season for a rookie... are just that.

actually... they're probably not even haters. it's a matter of vanity at this point refusing to admit they were wrong in their non-stop bashing of the kid and pick. And again, the Kyler-cult didn't make it easy on them claiming he was going to be Football Jesus the second he stepped on the field, but give credit where credit's due. The kid is pretty much singleh-handedly winning us games the last two weeks with very little legit talent around him.

that was the first game i've gone to in probably two years that was a W. Once they get just a little more talent around Kyler, this offense, which is already light years beyong last year and already an average NFL offense, could be really scary,
Who is arguing that he is playing poorly?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
It is an excuse for the scheme.

Reddick has been a disappointment...not sure if you want to start comparing Reddick to Murray if that is what you are going for.

If you are trying to equate rookie players who were taken outside of the first round to the #1 pick overall I think it is a stupid argument.

Personally, if you are trying to call me out on something, you probably should go with something better than whatever you were going for here. As is, it just seems like you are trying to instigate some sort of debate about Murray on a day where pretty much the entire board thinks he played well.
Just poking fun at every argument that’s been made to try to tear down the best thing that’s happened to this franchise since I became a fan in 1988.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Watson and Mahomes both deserve significant skepticism for what their teams gave up for them. Both have essentially proved it's pointless.
uhh Mahomes is probably the best qb in the league right now and Im crying myself to sleep every night for the next 15 years for Keim not jumping on the opportunity to nab him when he knew he was our guy.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Self preservation. Ask yourself this: How many games would we win if Murray got cold-cocked and wound up on IR?
Immobile QBs in this league are able to extend the ball or lower their shoulder to make key plays in the game to get wins. It is the same with QB sneaks. You can't play NFL football being afraid of getting hurt. That doesn't mean you have to play stupid, but you have to be able to fulfill the physical aspect to the NFL game otherwise any concerns about size, speed or toughness will be validated (for any QB in the NFL).

Again, Kyler Murray played a really good game today, but if he doesn't get that 1st down because of a different and subjective linesman call...he would have wasted it. Whether you like it or not, QBs in this league are expected to make the plays they are able to make to help their team win the game. That was his play to make and he almost didn't because of holding the ball in the correct hand or not lowering his shoulder.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
uhh Mahomes is probably the best qb in the league right now and Im crying myself to sleep every night for the next 15 years for Keim not jumping on the opportunity to nab him when he knew he was our guy.

And who is to blame for that?

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
The Falcons Defensive linemen were laugh at him and pointing him down when he slid for a one yard loss in the first quarter. The joke was on them. I will take a slide over an Andrew Luck situation
That was a very smart play for him to make.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
He came pretty close a couple times today. He played soft on a 3rd down scramble in the first half (I think) and then on the last play. Overall, he had a really good game, but there are times where he needs to understand that he needs to sell out to convert.
Nope just incredulous that you can’t just admit he had a stellar game. Was he 100% absolutely perfect? Nope. But I have yet to see a game where a player was. So to me, the fact that you still had to get in the negative is . . . well . . . kinda stupefying.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
To clarify, I meant that they deserve skepticism and have responded appropriately by showing it was well worth the investment.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Nope just incredulous that you can’t just admit he had a stellar game. Was he 100% absolutely perfect? Nope. But I have yet to see a game where a player was. So to me, the fact that you still had to get in the negative is . . . well . . . kinda stupefying.
Reaching the ball forward when he goes out of bounds almost cost us the game and has been commented on since week 1. Is it an easy fix and one that even Kyler acknowledged after the game that he needs to make. I am just happy he learned this lesson without it costing the team a win. I find it interesting that on this board finding way s to get and be better is seen as a negative, but when you listen to the post game comments from coaches and players, they tend to comment on needing to clean things up, but being happy with the result. He had a really good game. Why is that not good enough?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Reaching the ball forward when he goes out of bounds almost cost us the game and has been commented on since week 1. Is it an easy fix and one that even Kyler acknowledged after the game that he needs to make. I am just happy he learned this lesson without it costing the team a win. I find it interesting that on this board finding way s to get and be better is seen as a negative, but when you listen to the post game comments from coaches and players, they tend to comment on needing to clean things up, but being happy with the result. He had a really good game. Why is that not good enough?

im not saying it’s not an obvious observation. I’m just commenting on the fact that when kyler wins a shootout you seemingly have to imbed at least some negative into your praise.

It was a single play. But you’ve posted more about that play than all the positive plays (which were many) throughout the game. In other words, you’re seemingly more focused on the one play that could have (but in reality didn’t) gone wrong rather than the myriad of terrific plays that lead to a win.
Ah never mind. I forget I don’t really care (or at least I don’t know why I care enough to point this out).

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
im not saying it’s not an obvious observation. I’m just commenting on the fact that when kyler wins a shootout you seemingly have to imbed at least some negative into your praise.

It was a single play. But you’ve posted more about that play than all the positive plays (which were many) throughout the game. In other words, you’re seemingly more focused on the one play that could have (but in reality didn’t) gone wrong rather than the myriad of terrific plays that lead to a win.
Ah never mind. I forget I don’t really care (or at least I don’t know why I care enough to point this out).

What's important to note is that he's a 22 year old kid that only played one season of college football. Should he have reached forward with the ball? Absolutely. Fortunately, it didn't matter. But, I'll tell you one thing. Murray learns from his mistakes. That's what this kid does best. I'll be shocked if he ever makes that mistake again.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
What's important to note is that he's a 22 year old kid that only played one season of college football. Should he have reached forward with the ball? Absolutely. Fortunately, it didn't matter. But, I'll tell you one thing. Murray learns from his mistakes. That's what this kid does best. I'll be shocked if he ever makes that mistake again.

He's getting it going PA. Somehow he's meeting the lofty expectations, despite the limitations of the offensive roster. He's elevating guys like Byrd, and K Johnson and Sherfield.

I like his demeanor on the field. He shows emotion, but not a lot of antics.

K1 is a competitor, but does it quietly. He's not much of a show boat, and almost the anti-Mayfield in that respect. There's no need to fire up your opponent with all that extra stuff.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
[QUOTE="Ronin, post: 4061229, member: 3076
WR K. Johnson 56, Fitzgerald 51, Sheffield 36, Cooper 24, Byrd 15, Isabella 12.[/QUOTE]

Know what makes kyler special? He did what he did yesterday with that group of wrs. Someone was complaining that he doesn’t elevate those around him . . . pretty sure that group of WRs wasn’t elevating him . . .

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Mike Jurecki
@mikejurecki

·
1m

As we mentioned the offensive line starting to gel together the player that stood out yesterday RG Justin Pugh vs. #97 Grady Jarrett ranked the number one DT according to
@PFF
. Justin Murray held up and played well, ATL zero sacks/quarterback hits on #K1.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson