Bengals at Cardinals gameday thread 10-8-23

krazy2k

Veteran
Reaction score
Need Carolina to win a game so the Cards are back in the mix for the #1 pick in the draft. Without the aberration that was the win over the Boyz, Cards would be looking at the #2 pick at worst right now. Draft position is going to be the only possible upside to this season.

eastcoastDave

Veteran
Reaction score
Not much looked good today. Had to go to the wing bar to see the game. Was pumped after the Dallas game and 3 qtrs of the San Francisco game. Alas, should have stayed home because Dobbs looked like a full-in for an injured QB, the wide receivers didn’t distinguish themselves, play calling wasn’t good, the defense looked lame. Should have stayed at home. At least we moved closer to the bottom, thus closer to a high pick.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The pick 6 was a back breaker. We just planted the seed of doubt by stopping them at the goal line. We were looking at a 14-10 halftime lead.
They scored on a chunk play which would have made it 17-14. We moved right down and scored again which would have regained the lead.
Dobbs unraveled a bit today.

I guess we are going to have to pick out the positives within the losses.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Our secondary with Budda out and then Thompson going down today is in rough shape. Clark a promising rookie that is learning. Wilson is just bad and Hamilton is a barely acceptable backup. A receiver like Chase salivates vs this secondary.

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'm having a tough time seeing many positives in this loss. It just seemed like a truly bad team losing a game to a good team starting to find its footing.

What stuck out to me the most was the lack of involvement of the young guys today outside of Demercado and Stills. Antonio Hamilton started over Clark. Michael Wilson wasn't targeted until the last 2 minutes. McBride failed to top 20 yards receiving again. Cam Thomas appears to have regressed since last year. It would be different if we were watching a bunch of young players trying to develop, but instead we are watching Zeke Turner get run over by RBs for the 6th year in a row.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm not really bothered about losing, because I expected a lot of losing.

And not particularly surprised that Dobb's had a "Welcome back to earth" game. Especially after Conner went out. It was due.

I'm most annoyed about the defense. Jamar Chase didn't particularly do anything outside the deep touchdown. They just picked us off underneath far too easily. And not adjusting to stop it was infuriating.

OP
OP
BullheadCardFan

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The pick 6 was a back breaker. We just planted the seed of doubt by stopping them at the goal line. We were looking at a 14-10 halftime lead.
They scored on a chunk play which would have made it 17-14. We moved right down and scored again which would have regained the lead.
Dobbs unraveled a bit today.

I guess we are going to have to pick out the positives within the losses.
Agree that the pick 6 was difference in the game

That was demoralizing

OP
OP
BullheadCardFan

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm most annoyed about the defense. Jamar Chase didn't particularly do anything outside the deep touchdown. They just picked us off underneath far too easily. And not adjusting to stop it was infuriating.
Still can't figure out why Rallis was running such a soft zone

It looked like VJ's defense