Is Kyler Murray the answer at QB for next year and beyond?

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Sad but true.
Jury is still out for me. This offense suits Murray better and I think we’re only seeing parts of it, as no point in fully exposing it. Once they get the personnel they need and have a training camp to install everything, I think what you saw in Philly you will see more often.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Kyler week 4 of 2021

You must be registered for see images attach
I’m not sure what exactly you are trying to prove with these 2 screenshots.. weapons, offensive scheme were way different. Could even argue 2021 pass pro was better at the time to free things up down field. It was a not a good but a great game by Kyler on Sunday.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
I’m not sure what exactly you are trying to prove with these 2 screenshots.. weapons, offensive scheme were way different. Could even argue 2021 pass pro was better at the time to free things up down field. It was a not a good but a great game by Kyler on Sunday.

I didn't make the charts - just sharing.

Something that does stand out to me and something we can all agree that has been missing from Kyler's game since 2021 - deep shots/completions.

The 2 charts you mention from above post:
The chart from Eagles game - only one attempt past 15 yards and it was an INT.
Game 4 from 2021 - 9 over 15 yards including 3 TD's from over 15 yards (air yards)

Here is 2022 (left) vs 2021 (right)

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I didn't make the charts - just sharing.

Something that does stand out to me and something we can all agree that has been missing from Kyler's game since 2021 - deep shots/completions.

The 2 charts you mention from above post:
The chart from Eagles game - only one attempt past 15 yards and it was an INT.
Game 4 from 2021 - 9 over 15 yards including 3 TD's from over 15 yards (air yards)

Here is 2022 (left) vs 2021 (right)

Yup stands out to me as well, but not sure how much weight it holds as supporting casts were completely different and so are the schemes. Who were we going to throw deep to last game?

Also, kinda cool to see how much of the middle of the field he used.. an area that’s been a big knock on him. Again - maybe just the scheme as well though.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Yup stands out to me as well, but not sure how much weight it holds as supporting casts were completely different and so are the schemes. Who were we going to throw deep to last game?

Also, kinda cool to see how much of the middle of the field he used.. an area that’s been a big knock on him. Again - maybe just the scheme as well though.
I also thought he made more timing passes. Someone told him to trust these WRs, which I could see him doubting, and he put out a lot more timing based passes right perfectly timed. Would LOVE to see that this next Sunday just to see it's not a fluke.

JohnnyCakes

Miserables
Reaction score
i was a big opponent of K1 but now i am coming around to the build around kyler plan

If they can somehow build a solid run game around him to take the pressure off of him i believe he can be more than serviceable.

I just cant stand the run around/chuck it up spastic offense that KK had him running. I think Petzig and JG have shown he can manufacture drives when the offense is simplified

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
i was a big opponent of K1 but now i am coming around to the build around kyler plan

If they can somehow build a solid run game around him to take the pressure off of him i believe he can be more than serviceable.

I just cant stand the run around/chuck it up spastic offense that KK had him running. I think Petzig and JG have shown he can manufacture drives when the offense is simplified
Or maybe when it’s just an NFL offensive scheme? I’m excited for next year… I really hope they open up the playbook and get the defense on its heels questioning if he’s going to run it or pass it through rollouts

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well -there you go.

This thread is officially dead.

'No Doubt' Kyler Murray Will Be Cardinals Quarterback​

At least there is no history of Gannon saying something like this only to completely flip later and do the opposite.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Completely irrelevant, as I've already laid out.

Oh, I dunno, signing them last offseason could have helped with acclimating them to the team, helping the culture, and...oh, yeah, because we're not going to go sign a strong FA class this offseason and then add the FAs we should've signed last offseason.

This is such a stupid argument. Your (and others') argument is that we can have two FA crops of players in one offseason. In what Bidwillian world is that humanly possible? Worst argument I've read in a loooong time lol

You act like we signed nobody last offseason. It's a completely bogus argument.

Kyzir White is going to be starting ILB and was good before injury. Froholdt has been good and will almost certainly be next years starter. Carlos Watkins was a decent DT before injury. Krys Barnes has been better than Simmons at LB.

So we don't have to sign 2 offseasons worth of players in 1.

And again, the question that always goes unanswered. Who do you think we should have signed, and why would they have signed with us with a QB with a major injury?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think Kyler had a good 2nd half on Sunday. I also think people are putting too much stock into a 2nd half performance against a team that lost 3 of 4 previously and who's defense has sucked.

He's been bad for several games and one half of decent QB play and were saved. I need to see a whole lot more of that before I change my mind.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If you don't think quite a few NFL QBs couldn't replicate or exceed his numbers, I don't know what to tell you. Mahomes would shatter all of his numbers with the same team.

Yet, several QB's Shanny has tried have come nowhere close to Purdy's numbers.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
I think Kyler had a good 2nd half on Sunday. I also think people are putting too much stock into a 2nd half performance against a team that lost 3 of 4 previously and who's defense has sucked.
You can denigrate the win if you want to, but it looks silly. Kyler pulling out a win on the road vs. an 11 win team with a team loaded with barely NFL talent was very impressive, and impressive enough to keep his job.
He's been bad for several games and one half of decent QB play and were saved. I need to see a whole lot more of that before I change my mind.
Luckily there are minds that are made that actually have decision making power!

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well it looks like you’re going to wait 9 months for this to happen.

I'll take some hope from Sunday if he plays well. I'm consigned to him being here next year, I always thought that was the way the team would go.

He had some nice throws on Sunday with anticipation and good ball placement. Two things he has been missing.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media