Is Kyler Murray the answer at QB for next year and beyond?

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
hahahah yup but you know kyler didnt exactly have great numbers when he got paid. And Justin Fields is alot faster and has more yards on the ground than murray.
Kyler Murray's first three seasons he was OROY, 2x Pro Bowl, averaged 3800 passing yards, 23.3 TDs, 11.3 INTs per season at 7.3 YPA and a 93.9 passer rating. He averaged over 15 starts per year and was 22-23-1.

For the first two months of the season before he got his extension Kyler was the runaway MVP favorite. That team made the playoffs and had an embarrassing exit.

Justin Fields averages 2175 yards per season, 13 TDs, 10 INT and makes 12.3 starts with an 93 passer rating. He's 10-27 as a starter.

He'd be fortunate to get Daniel Jones' contract after this offseason. He's more likely to have his fifth-year option declined.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Kind of scary how fans have painted this into a negative.

I would think every QB to play the game of football would need good talent around them to succeed.

It’s almost as if fans would rather see absolute garbage around a QB to see if they would survive rather than seeing good talent around them.
Fans? It’s a certain group of posters that feel this way.. it isn’t anyone that is being rational. It’s really similar to a casual fans perspective..looking at a box score without any perspective.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
Fields is at least getting a Daniel Jones level contract which is an AAV of $40m. You have a better chance to win with Fields than Jones IMO.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gannon was on "Cardinals Game Plan" on ch 12 this evening and gave some interesting context on the pass that Kyler completed to Moore on the 2 minute drive

He said Kyler was told it was okay to run it down to two minute warning. But, to line up, and if he got a look he liked to call a play and run it. So, he did just that and we have been calling it his best play of the season. The narrative has been that Kyler isn't good at reading defenses and presnap reads.

Well, he was that time.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
Fields has two years left on his deal so why would they jump the gun on an extension?
Not many QBs go into their final year with no extension. It’s also best to buy low on an asset if the plan is to stick with him. If they don’t draft a QB I think they will have to offer the extension mid next year.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
First of all- no debate about Kyler.

However, we all know this is a problem/area that needs to improve.

MHJ won't like this version of Kyler (2022-2023).

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
This surprises me a bit. Seems like this was once a strength for Kyler. So I will blame the receivers. :)

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
First of all- no debate about Kyler.

However, we all know this is a problem/area that needs to improve.

MHJ won't like this version of Kyler (2022-2023).

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
2022 was a real issue -- i didnt see it as much this year

in fact, i feel like the number of deep shots Kyler took this year was pretty limited

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I find them interesting.

More interesting than some of the regular posts/arguments on here.
Some serious subjective parameters and data… I guess I’m more old school and like the positive direction our offense was going with Kyler, without weapons, coming off a major injury, etc, etc… but we should at least post the positive subjective, obscure, rarely analyzed data as well…

EPA per a play(expected points added) Ranked 29th weeks 1-9 and ranked 9th weeks 10-18.