Week 16 Arizona Cardinals off season thread. 4/24/23-4/30/23

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Didn't Paris Johnson play guard at TOSU before shifting to tackle? We have an opening at left guard (and center).
According to an "expert", he'd be a serviceable to good Tackle, but a perennial All Pro Guard. I'll see if I can find it.

Last edited:

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really hate drafting guards in the top 10. That is not a good use of draft capital.
I think it's all smoke to see who they can get to make the best offer to trade up. Rumor has it a few teams in 7-13 want a tackle.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He's actually not the first to mention this. While I don't think it'll happen, he not just making this up.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Ugh. I like Witherspoon but I just don't see him at #3. I don't even think he's as good as Gonzalez.

Gonzalez is longer, faster and still 20 years old. 18 months younger than Witherspoon.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Ugh. I like Witherspoon but I just don't see him at #3. I don't even think he's as good as Gonzalez.

Gonzalez is longer, faster and still 20 years old. 18 months younger than Witherspoon.
I love the way Witherspoon plays though. He's got some Honey Badger in him. He's a complete dog.

I started out as a Gonzalez fan, but now I'd say I'm 50/50. I would hope the Cardinals, if they were drafting either one, would go off inside info they have, because both players are really good.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score

So, who are the Cards targeting from OK this year?

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
If you are looking for a cap on how far the Cardinals would trade down, start with the players.

Probably open to grabbing one of the top four offensive linemen. Skoronski, Johnson, Wright and Jones.

Two CBs. Witherspoon and Gonzo.

Maybe three EDGE guys in Anderson, Wilson, and Smith.

Maybe Carter DL.

Maybe Bijan.

So, maybe 11 guys they would be open to moving back for unless they got an absolute haul or a trade from a team like Minnesota that included a player like Danielle Hunter.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
If you are looking for a cap on how far the Cardinals would trade down, start with the players.

Probably open to grabbing one of the top four offensive linemen. Skoronski, Johnson, Wright and Jones.

Two CBs. Witherspoon and Gonzo.

Maybe three EDGE guys in Anderson, Wilson, and Smith.

Maybe Carter DL.

Maybe Bijan.

So, maybe 11 guys they would be open to moving back for unless they got an absolute haul or a trade from a team like Minnesota that included a player like Danielle Hunter.
That's how I see it. There's a bunch of players fairly evenly grouped for me.

I'd move down to 11 for 4+ picks. Maybe even three.

Jakester

Rookie
Reaction score
Wouldn't be a fan of this. This team needs to trade down and accumulate picks for this year and next in the worst way. So many holes on this roster. I'm still confident a trade down opportunity that makes sense will emerge on draft day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard