Week 16 Arizona Cardinals off season thread. 4/24/23-4/30/23

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Daniel Jeremiah's numbers were even more startling. He had Wilson with double the pass rush win rate and double the pressure percentage.

In Anderson's defense, he was used way out of position last year.
Reminds me of a Jets-Steelers game Joe Namath was calling back in the day. "Well, the Steelers have more points, yards, passing yards, rushing yards, turnovers, but the Jets are winning the real game of field position!"

"Well, sure, Anderson is way better in every other statistical category and has been ranked at the top of this draft class for, like, ever, but Wilson is good at him in one non-actual-production stat! Aha, Wilson is clearly better."

No thanks, my guy.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Reminds me of a Jets-Steelers game Joe Namath was calling back in the day. "Well, the Steelers have more points, yards, passing yards, rushing yards, turnovers, but the Jets are winning the real game of field position!"

"Well, sure, Anderson is way better in every other statistical category and has been ranked at the top of this draft class for, like, ever, but Wilson is good at him in one non-actual-production stat! Aha, Wilson is clearly better."

No thanks, my guy.
Dude I seriously think you're not understanding. I'm shocked at how poorly you're tracking my position on this.

And anyway, pressure percentage IS a stat that matters. I'd rather have a guy with 4 sacks and 30 pressures, than a guy with 7 sacks and 15 pressures.

Stout

Reaction score
Dude I seriously think you're not understanding. I'm shocked at how poorly you're tracking my position on this.

And anyway, pressure percentage IS a stat that matters. I'd rather have a guy with 4 sacks and 30 pressures, than a guy with 7 sacks and 15 pressures.
Right, I don't agree so I'm simply not "tracking your position." Gaslight much?

What I'm reading is you think Wilson's the better player based on one stat, on his body build, and on banking that he can fix some pretty awful tendencies, when Anderson is better in every other stat and better in that he doesn't have those awful tendencies. Unless you think Anderson's the better player and you just want to push Wilson as being a really top option too?

If a certain team is looking for a different type of end/edge, I do agree that a player like Wilson would make more sense. With the way our coaching staff have presented their preferences, they plan to get the best players and design the scheme around them. In that case, you take Anderson 10 times out of 10, IMO, because he's clearly the better player. Sure, Wilson has a lot of upside if he can fix those major concerns, but he has a ton of downside if he can't. Like, cratering bust if he can't. That first step is beyond cringeworthy.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Right, I don't agree so I'm simply not "tracking your position." Gaslight much?

What I'm reading is you think Wilson's the better player based on one stat, on his body build, and on banking that he can fix some pretty awful tendencies, when Anderson is better in every other stat and better in that he doesn't have those awful tendencies. Unless you think Anderson's the better player and you just want to push Wilson as being a really top option too?
No you aren't understanding!!!!

I have never said that Wilson is better. Never!

I am pointing out the anti-Wilson nonsense. Dude is a game wrecker and that's what the data shows.
If a certain team is looking for a different type of end/edge, I do agree that a player like Wilson would make more sense.
This is what I am saying.
With the way our coaching staff have presented their preferences, they plan to get the best players and design the scheme around them.
Coach speak.
In that case, you take Anderson 10 times out of 10, IMO, because he's clearly the better player. Sure, Wilson has a lot of upside if he can fix those major concerns, but he has a ton of downside if he can't. Like, cratering bust if he can't. That first step is beyond cringeworthy.
This is all opinion. Anderson ALSO has big concerns. He's essentially only really going to be suited as a rush backer.

Stout

Reaction score
No you aren't understanding!!!!

I have never said that Wilson is better. Never!

I am pointing out the anti-Wilson nonsense. Dude is a game wrecker and that's what the data shows.

This is what I am saying.

Coach speak.

This is all opinion. Anderson ALSO has big concerns. He's essentially only really going to be suited as a rush backer.
Very much disagree with your last take. Wilson, game wrecker? Also very debatable for me. I think he's a sucker's bet for a top-5 pick, but would make sense to roll the dice on starting in the mid-1st round. JMHO.

Here's a scenario for you: If we can't trade down a spot with the Colts, and barring other trade downs, would you pick Wilson or Anderson? Not trying to "aha" you here either.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Very much disagree with your last take. Wilson, game wrecker? Also very debatable for me. I think he's a sucker's bet for a top-5 pick, but would make sense to roll the dice on starting in the mid-1st round. JMHO.

Here's a scenario for you: If we can't trade down a spot with the Colts, and barring other trade downs, would you pick Wilson or Anderson? Not trying to "aha" you here either.
Anderson. If Anderson isn't there, Wilson. Further back? Van Ness. Even later? Bresee.

All four are really good players.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He's a Seahawks hack. He's just wishing. Probably talking to his Mom and Pop.
He's actually not the first to mention this. While I don't think it'll happen, he not just making this up.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interesting

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
i have been a draftnik for over 65 years but as a fan not a student of the game like some of you that actually watch film. Harry is really the draft guru on this site having spent his career as a scout. Some of you say that Anderson is good because he has so much talent around him on the Alabama team. This is true but the games on tv that I saw him play he was the best of the best. He was dominant and this is the SEC. Like it or not, it is the premier conference by far. I would love to see him on the Cards team.