Chiefs at Cardinals gameday thread 9-11-22

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
and ertz played. so no, top three targets not out today.
He's a plodder who is great at moving a pile, good at blitz pickup and a good receiver. 2.5 is worse than usual, but he averaged less than 4 yards a carry last season. Expecting him to be a bellcow was sheer stupidity from stupid keim. PS, I think keim is stupid.
BS we went 3 and out passing with only kyler running in broken plays, finally ran the damn ball a little on the 1st scoring drive - same as we have since whisrnhunt came here 14 years ago - it’s fundamentally flawed play calling - to shove that on Connor is plain ignorant and stupid too!

I say it constantly for 15 years and folks call me a so and so- you can not pass 3-1 or 4- 0 early - run stats sometimes look better balanced in the final box score. Cause they run after the game is determined. Same in playoff game last year - can not give opponents your play book - then ask kyler to outperform them every stinking drive.

st and defense are taxed by bs offense less then 2 minute 3 and drives - just look at that alone and see the problem .

NashDishesDimes

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Defense is bad but i dont think it will be THIS bad. Murphy played sick and was in and out of game, no JJ, no hamilton, no mullen, theyll clean some stuff up and maybe we can hope for average D. Simmons first game with mic too….

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Only by Cardinal fans lol be serious our best WR is out and KK decided to feature a game plan for Dortch lol
Actually, the Dortch part worked, and it was also Dortch that decided that by his play... just wished our TEs were more involved, but nothing derails an offense more than a defense which cannot get the opposing offense off the field and prevent them from scoring

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Actually, the Dortch part worked, and it was also Dortch that decided that by his play... just wished our TEs were more involved, but nothing derails an offense more than a defense which cannot get the opposing offense off the field and prevent them from scoring
While I don’t agree entirely, the offense needs to be designed better to feature Hollywood, Ertz, Conner anything else with the blah play calling and you see what happens. Where is the moving the pocket, some rollouts, some crossing patterns, some misdirection anything something different than just preseason looking play calling that we saw for most of the game. Started mixing it up late and moved the ball much more effectively. Just don’t understand the game plan or lack thereof had plenty of time to prepare for this game and once again this team looked unprepared!

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
While I don’t agree entirely, the offense needs to be designed better to feature Hollywood, Ertz, Conner anything else with the blah play calling and you see what happens. Where is the moving the pocket, some rollouts, some crossing patterns, some misdirection anything something different than just preseason looking play calling that we saw for most of the game. Started mixing it up late and moved the ball much more effectively. Just don’t understand the game plan or lack thereof had plenty of time to prepare for this game and once again this team looked unprepared!
So, it wasn't at all Kyler's fault, but Kliffy's fault? Wow. You do realize that it was likely more that the Chiefs played more prevent than anything changing in the play calling, right? There's a reason they call it garbage time scoring.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
+1 I was so wrong on him. What a terrible choice. Oh Wirfs, wish we'd taken you.
Same.. when the we came to pick and he was still available, I wanted Ceedee at that pick but said to myself - but you can’t not take Simmons being he slipped to this pick… smh

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
We lost because we could get no pressure from the interior of our DL and we could not block with the interior of our OL. This is why the game looked eerily similar to that Ram debacle. It is so obvious to see at the start of every play that some look past and concentrate on everything past the initial line of scrimmage. The trenches, right at the core, will dismantle any plan our coaches will come up with... this is on Keim for not seeing this, or rather not fixing this

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
So, it wasn't at all Kyler's fault, but Kliffy's fault? Wow. You do realize that it was likely more that the Chiefs played more prevent than anything changing in the play calling, right? There's a reason they call it garbage time scoring.
Of course it is. Why would we hold a 250 mil QB accountable?

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
We lost because we could get no pressure from the interior of our DL and we could not block with the interior of our OL. This is why the game looked eerily similar to that Ram debacle. It is so obvious to see at the start of every play that some look past and concentrate on everything past the initial line of scrimmage. The trenches, right at the core, will dismantle any plan our coaches will come up with... this is on Keim for not seeing this, or rather not fixing this
Completely .. as I stated pre-game interior line on the Oline was where I said the game would be decided

Stout

Reaction score
Completely .. as I stated pre-game interior line on the Oline was where I said the game would be decided
This is the same refrain as last season. While agree the OL needs to be a lot better, I also think KM needs to handle it a looot better. He wasn't good spotting the open man or going through his progressions. He appeared skittish and indecisive. I will give him credit in not running out of bounds for losses and not simply turtling, in the game film I saw of him (didn't get the first drive or a lot of the end of the game on TV). Still, he needs to vastly improve to lead us where we need to go, let alone to be a star top-5 QB. He did nothing to elevate the team yesterday.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
This is the same refrain as last season. While agree the OL needs to be a lot better, I also think KM needs to handle it a looot better. He wasn't good spotting the open man or going through his progressions. He appeared skittish and indecisive. I will give him credit in not running out of bounds for losses and not simply turtling, in the game film I saw of him (didn't get the first drive or a lot of the end of the game on TV). Still, he needs to vastly improve to lead us where we need to go, let alone to be a star top-5 QB. He did nothing to elevate the team yesterday.
Please name one QB ever that is successfully when consistent interior pressure. Please Stout, I’ll be waiting. It’s DE/OLB pressure that requires/allows the opportunity for a QB to step up into the pocket. I love the calls for a QB.. a tiny QB to step up in the pocket with Harlow vs the the beast that is Chris Jones letting him know he’s his daddy all game long. I’m sure that doesn’t rattle a QBs confidence.

Stout

Reaction score
Please name one QB ever that is successfully when consistent interior pressure. Please Stout, I’ll be waiting. It’s DE/OLB pressure that requires/allows the opportunity for a QB to step up into the pocket. I love the calls for a QB.. a tiny QB to step up in the pocket with Harlow vs the the beast that is Chris Jones letting him know he’s his daddy all game long. I’m sure that doesn’t rattle a QBs confidence.
KM had ample opportunity to affect this game. You act as if he had significant interior pressure on every drop back, which is a gross exaggeration. Are you going to tell the board that, until KM gets immaculate protection a majority of the time he can never be held to account for not playing well? Because you're certainly not going to say he played well.

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What a day..... out of all the NFC playoff teams from last year, only the Eagles and the Bucs won game one this year..... :jawdrop:

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

He didn't have consistent interior pressure. He was just bad.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What a day..... out of all the NFC playoff teams from last year, only the Eagles and the Bucs won game one this year..... :jawdrop:

We sucked yesterday, but on the plus side all our division rivals sucked and most of the apparent NFC contenders sucked. So there is that.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe don't draft a tiny QB?

Maybe have a coaching staff that can make adjustments?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson