UofA Hoops 2021-2022 - Ushering In the Tommy Lloyd Era

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wow UCLA big Mac Etienne, sitting out the year with ACL surgery is cited for spitting at Arizona fans. they have it on tape as the team is walking to the locker room fans are taunting the players and he spits twice. Can't do that stuff Mac, gotta apologize. They can't exactly suspend him since he's out injured but can't have stuff like that he needs to face some consequences. Theoretically he could face legal charges.
He was arrested. Very classless act.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He was arrested. Very classless act.

We're being told he wasn't arrested he was cited for suspicion of assault.
Not good at all my guess is he wont' be allowed on the bench for awhile now.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We're being told he wasn't arrested he was cited for suspicion of assault.
Not good at all my guess is he wont' be allowed on the bench for awhile now.
ESPN is reporting he was arrested.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ESPN is reporting he was arrested.

Thanks the BRO guys were saying they heard he was cited not actually arrested but maybe they misunderstood as that clearly says arrested.

He did it at the end of the half too, can't do stuff like that. Needs to be suspended.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Spitting is one of the lowest things you can do. If he can't handle a fan saying "go back to LA", opposing fans are going to ride him forever. The guy needs to grow up.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Spitting is one of the lowest things you can do. If he can't handle a fan saying "go back to LA", opposing fans are going to ride him forever. The guy needs to grow up.

In a pandemic no less. He should not be on the bench for several games, honestly I would be fine with suspending him the rest of the season over that

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Thanks the BRO guys were saying they heard he was cited not actually arrested but maybe they misunderstood as that clearly says arrested.

He did it at the end of the half too, can't do stuff like that. Needs to be suspended.

Wouldn’t surprise me if he’s kicked off the team

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Wouldn’t surprise me if he’s kicked off the team

Me neither apparently there's been some prior "immaturity" issues with him and this is over the top. Once is bad, twice in the same game, disgusting. A suspension this year doesn't do much since he's injured, he can't be on the bench with the team I guess and that's probably what happens now. My guess is transfer after the season more likely than kicked off but it would be one of those it's in your best interests to find another school deals would be my guess.

Really bad, rivalries and stuff are great, the Tyger and Kriisa stuff etc I have no issue with that stuff it's part of what makes college hoops fun, but you can't go off the deep end like Mac did.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Grain of salt since I'm not seeing anything about it at any news station but the 247 Arizona site is claiming Tygers mom got tired of UA fans screaming at her son and "got up and went back there and snapped the backs off of seats." I have a very hard time believing she can do that, unless the seats are made of styrofoam, she's a tough lady but doubt she can snap seats. And I suspect if she had she would have been arrested too.

A UCLA fan said that he heard UA fans screaming obscenities at Tyger the whole game so wouldn't be surprised if the mom did get mad about it. And of course late in the game there was an EFF Tyger chant because in the last game they caught him on camera in a UCLA huddle on the bench saying "eff em" to Cronin.

as long as the rivalry doesn't get TOO heated i think its' good, teh spitting is way over the line. I do hope the pac 12 does something about the setups where opposing teams have to walk through a gauntlet of fans to get to the locker room like that, it's not just at Arizona too the old Oregon gym was way worse.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Basketball is at its best when UCLA is really good and Arizona is better. Don't know if that's the case this year but we'll see.

Before the first game I thought UA was clearly better. After 2 games I think UCLA is just as good, it really depends which team is healthier in Las Vegas. And both still have to play USC which is good too.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Before the first game I thought UA was clearly better. After 2 games I think UCLA is just as good, it really depends which team is healthier in Las Vegas. And both still have to play USC which is good too.
I have no idea which team is better and I doubt we've seen the best either team can be. But in just these two games, I would say that UCLA at its best was a little better than UA at its best.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Arizona in the driver’s seat after UCLA gets swept. Wow.
Weird game, after the game Cronin admitted that he put them through a hard practice that morning to "shock" them after the UA loss, and then deeply regretted it when it became apparent in OT that nobody had any legs left.

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Reaction score
Weird game, after the game Cronin admitted that he put them through a hard practice that morning to "shock" them after the UA loss, and then deeply regretted it when it became apparent in OT that nobody had any legs left.
Both teams deserved to lose. That game was dreadful to watch

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Reaction score

UofA social media team chose violence

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That was a strange game to watch. If you just watched the first three plus minutes and the final five and a half minutes you'd think ASU was the much better team as they outscored the Cats 35-8. Of course the Cats blew them out by almost 40 points in between those two stretches.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Watching Lloyd effectively scheming with two traditional bigs on the floor is a huge indictment of Miller’s coaching.
Seriously, almost everything this team does is a huge indictment of Miller's coaching. Not that I was ever a huge supporter of Miller but I never really jumped off his bandwagon until watching this group of guys play the game.

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Reaction score
Watching Lloyd effectively scheming with two traditional bigs on the floor is a huge indictment of Miller’s coaching.

Tommy gets it. I crapped myself when I saw Ballo and Koloko on the floor together, but now I dont see any deficits save for outside shooting. But yeah, a guy like Ayton would've been a lock for NPOY as a freshman under Lloyd.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard