Losing the lower pick surely sucks.

Fitz4Ever

Veteran
Reaction score
Agree w a lot of your posts but DJ is a below avg LT.. should have never extended him. 1.5 good seasons in his career. Alt or Fashnu would easily fill his void and more for the next decade. Still would much rather MHJ
CORRECT. DJ has been below average his entire career. We could have not extended him, signed Beachum, and not had a drop off in the slightest.

Alt is the sure thing. Fashanu is the "potential" guy, but IMO we just took that guy in Paris last year. I will take Alt as a LT...who has a very high floor and an all-pro ceiling.

Fitz4Ever

Veteran
Reaction score
I think his play over his career speaks for itself. He’s a HOFer as well. Of course he played with some great defenses but it’s hard to argue his overall body of work.
I suppose...but ask yourself this question. If you put Fitz on a different team...do you think he is still a HOFer? I would say 100% yes. If you put Rothlesberger on a different team do you think he is still a HOFer...I would say its a coin flip at best.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I think it’s interesting to see that you’re enough of a realist to understand the downside of yesterdays win for the long term benefit of the team, but can’t admit that it would’ve been better to draft a HOF quarterback than Fitz. And I love Fitz. I just had to our down my 15 year old Weimaraner two days ago whose AKC name was “Fitzgerald’s Great Super Bowl Catch” (Fitz). If the rape thing, I can understand that. Not not a football thing.
Sorry for your loss, Ouchie. The K9 family are third generation Weimaraner parents. I hope and pray we get nine more years with Evee.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Damn Ouchie Im so sorry for your loss. My hound is 14 and I dread the day. I hope your family finds peace.
It’s rough. I’ve had 7 pups over the past 30 years. Two of them (Fitz, and a boxer named Tobi) were by my side 15+ years each. Those just aren’t pets. They’re best friends. Hold your hound close.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I think Rothelesberger would have been a SPECTACULAR failure here in AZ. His first 2 years in the league he averaged less than 200 ypg...and didnt crack 18 TD's...yet the Steelers had the #11 and then #9 scoring offense in the league. He had Bettis, Staley, Ward, Buress, and Randle El. They also had the #1 and then #3 defense in the league.

If he would have come to AZ, he would have had Emmett Smith, Boldin, and Bryant Johnson (because no Fitz). He would have lost double digit games both years, and Denny would have replaced him with Leinart in 2006 anyway.

Rothlesberger got the chance to become good because he wasnt asked to actually win games until year 4....he just had to manage and not lose...and had a great defense. He would have been run out of the league within 3 years here.
Just because he didn’t have to be the leader doesn’t mean he wasn’t able. That’s a failure in your reasoning. The defense and running game meant he wasn’t forced to carry more load - particularly for a conservative coach. It doesn’t mean he was unable. And he’s have had an offensive guru in Dennis green. Dennis made cake outta caca with lesser QBs.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I think Alt and Fashanu will be better long term, but I largely agree with your point.

The Cardinals have a good tackle tandem right now. Focus on other positions.
Then you’re advocating trading down? I don’t think there’s another player I would deem worthy of the #4 if it’s not MHJ or one of the two tackles. .

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I suppose...but ask yourself this question. If you put Fitz on a different team...do you think he is still a HOFer? I would say 100% yes. If you put Rothlesberger on a different team do you think he is still a HOFer...I would say its a coin flip at best.
A coin flip HOF QB is still more valuable than a HOF WR. That’s the disparity in the value of the respective positions.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Sorry for your loss, Ouchie. The K9 family are third generation Weimaraner parents. I hope and pray we get nine more years with Evee.
He was just an outstanding pup. Hell in fur to get trained. But once we got him to stop walking on top of the kitchen island he was fantastic in all respects. We have a 6 year old vizsla, so kinda like his younger sister. She may be the single most intelligent dog I’ve ever encountered. And my shadow.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He was just an outstanding pup. Hell in fur to get trained. But once we got him to stop walking on top of the kitchen island he was fantastic in all respects. We have a 6 year old vizsla, so kinda like his younger sister. She may be the single most intelligent dog I’ve ever encountered. And my shadow.
Sorry for your loss. I have relatives I’d rather see die.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I would take him (as long as he grades out well), but will Monti? I have serious doubts he'd take Nabers at #4.
Maybe that is where you trade down? If there is still someone willing to move up to 4, assuming in this scenario that MHJ is gone in the top three, maybe a QB looking team moves up? I am doubtful of that, but who knows how the hype goes. Thinking we may be stuck at 4 now. So who is the BA at 4?

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about the loss of your pup. Dogs are family.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson