Losing the lower pick surely sucks.

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A win is a win is a win. Take em where you can get em. Nice to see this team playing for today and not worrying about tomorrow. Seeing players step up and succeed shows good coaching and an underrated player squad. We lack consistency. A good draft and Murray getting back to his old form could make for some exciting football next year.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another thought. Opportunity lost is when you could have picked player A and you passed for player B. Lord knows we’ve seen a lot of that with this organization.
We won a game against a very good team that is not playing well right now. Should we beat the Seahawks we will drop even more.
A professional team and their players are NEVER going to play to lose. The draft is never a sure thing of who is going to succeed and/or be available when we are on the clock.
If it were a perfect science, Micah Parsons would never had lasted to the 12th pick. There’s no gaurantee MHJ will be available even with the second pick.
Winning Sunday was fun. Finishing off the Seahawks next week Would be fun and perhaps plant a seed of success for 2025.
We were ranked 31st or 32nd in power rankings to start the season by EVERYBODY. We are now ranked higher than teams with better records.
Perhaps a testament to MO and this coaching staff. We can’t control April 25th until it gets here.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Now the only choice is Alt or trade down...but we may not have many people calling for the #4 pick.

This is what sucks...yes this was a nice win, and provided us a nice 3 hours. But we may have just cost ourselves an all-pro...someone who could have given us 5 YEARS of nice wins and great afternoons. For everyone saying "this will carry over to next year"...no it wont. This roster is going to look completely different. Going from 3 wins to 4 wins still means your a horrible team.

The fun of this win is going to wear off really quick when April comes.

Never apologize for a win but I do wonder in 3 years we will look back to this game.

Part of me wondered / wanted (heard the last 5 mins on radio), Cardinals to fumble the ball from the 4 yard line with 32 seconds to go. But that was as fun of a game since the 8-0 start.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now the only choice is Alt or trade down...but we may not have many people calling for the #4 pick.

This is what sucks...yes this was a nice win, and provided us a nice 3 hours. But we may have just cost ourselves an all-pro...someone who could have given us 5 YEARS of nice wins and great afternoons. For everyone saying "this will carry over to next year"...no it wont. This roster is going to look completely different. Going from 3 wins to 4 wins still means your a horrible team.

The fun of this win is going to wear off really quick when April comes.
Disagree. There are many teams needing a quarterback, and there are going to be at least five taken in the top 10 and a good chance. The top three will be quarterbacks.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Knowing the terrible decisions this organization has made the last 50 plus years..... who could ever be mad about a win as great as yesterdays.

The draft is a crap shoot and our organization is epically horrible at it, so take the smiles where you can get them.

Plus..... I still think we get MHJ soo....... Happy New Year!

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Never apologize for a win but I do wonder in 3 years we will look back to this game.

Part of me wondered / wanted (heard the last 5 mins on radio), Cardinals to fumble the ball from the 4 yard line with 32 seconds to go. But that was as fun of a game since the 8-0 start.
We still look back on the Vikings game and wonder what could have been and that brought us Fitz. This is the Cardinal way!

PA STATE CHAMPS BABY! FTW

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I placed third in a 14 team league. I was ranked first most of the year but the injury to Kirk and Justin Jefferson screwed me up.
I won by 1.1pts. The fantasy gods were determined to make this the most painful championship season ever. I lead the league in scoring, and it was evenly earned (not high variance week to week) but only squeezed into the playoffs at 8-7 needing a loss by another team. Then amari cooper out of championship with injury and mccaffrey goes down in 3rd quarter of commanders game.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I think if the Cards took Eli, they would have been forced to deal him like the Bolts did. Like I said, the Bolts got a haul of players for Eli, so it all worked good. The thing you have to ask yourself, is would you want the Cards to have Philip Rivers?
We will never know. I’m of firm belief you draft a player and hold firm. The drafting team holds all the cards as they own the rights for years.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I think it’s interesting to see that you’re enough of a realist to understand the downside of yesterdays win for the long term benefit of the team, but can’t admit that it would’ve been better to draft a HOF quarterback than Fitz. And I love Fitz. I just had to our down my 15 year old Weimaraner two days ago whose AKC name was “Fitzgerald’s Great Super Bowl Catch” (Fitz). If the rape thing, I can understand that. Not not a football thing.
Damn Ouchie Im so sorry for your loss. My hound is 14 and I dread the day. I hope your family finds peace.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Plus, I don't get the obsession with drafting a LT.
First, Humphries is only 30 year old. He still has 4-5 years left. OT's can play later in years. Hell, Trent Williams is about the best LT in the league and he's 35. Andrew Whitworth was 40 and the starting LT on a Super Bowl winner.
Second, you used a top pick on Paris Johnson last year. He wasn't drafted to be a RT. He's played well but RT's aren't drafted in the top 10. Especially trading back up to get him.
Drafting Alt or Fashanu doesn't make the Cardinals a better team. They are not going to be as good as DJ. I don't know why the Cardinals would want to move on from DJ. But, if they do, slide PJJ over and get a RT in free agency or draft one later in the draft.
Agree w a lot of your posts but DJ is a below avg LT.. should have never extended him. 1.5 good seasons in his career. Alt or Fashnu would easily fill his void and more for the next decade. Still would much rather MHJ

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It’s going to be fun watching people talk themselves into Nabers, Odunze, Rome, etc. being just a “notch below” Harrison.

I don't think there is much between them. I think they are very different players and depends of which team/scheme they go to.

It's like comparing Ja'Marr Chase with Keenan Allen (if they were the same age) or Andre Johnson with AJ Green.

They are both going to be very good in different ways.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
You were acting like Harrison was a by product of playing with Stroud.

My original point was Nabers played with a heisman winner QB. Nobody heard of Nabers until this year.

I know McCord wasn’t Harrison’s QB the entire time but he was this entire year and he was still dominant and the only non-QB heisman finalists.

Not sure what you’re trying to say about Marvin.

There isn’t a WR in his class this year.
There isn't.

But the difference isn't as great as some are making it out. Malik Nabers would be WR #1 in many classes.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Plus, I don't get the obsession with drafting a LT.
First, Humphries is only 30 year old. He still has 4-5 years left. OT's can play later in years. Hell, Trent Williams is about the best LT in the league and he's 35. Andrew Whitworth was 40 and the starting LT on a Super Bowl winner.
Second, you used a top pick on Paris Johnson last year. He wasn't drafted to be a RT. He's played well but RT's aren't drafted in the top 10. Especially trading back up to get him.
Drafting Alt or Fashanu doesn't make the Cardinals a better team. They are not going to be as good as DJ. I don't know why the Cardinals would want to move on from DJ. But, if they do, slide PJJ over and get a RT in free agency or draft one later in the draft.
I think Alt and Fashanu will be better long term, but I largely agree with your point.

The Cardinals have a good tackle tandem right now. Focus on other positions.

Fitz4Ever

Veteran
Reaction score
I think it’s interesting to see that you’re enough of a realist to understand the downside of yesterdays win for the long term benefit of the team, but can’t admit that it would’ve been better to draft a HOF quarterback than Fitz. And I love Fitz. I just had to our down my 15 year old Weimaraner two days ago whose AKC name was “Fitzgerald’s Great Super Bowl Catch” (Fitz). If the rape thing, I can understand that. Not not a football thing.
I think Rothelesberger would have been a SPECTACULAR failure here in AZ. His first 2 years in the league he averaged less than 200 ypg...and didnt crack 18 TD's...yet the Steelers had the #11 and then #9 scoring offense in the league. He had Bettis, Staley, Ward, Buress, and Randle El. They also had the #1 and then #3 defense in the league.

If he would have come to AZ, he would have had Emmett Smith, Boldin, and Bryant Johnson (because no Fitz). He would have lost double digit games both years, and Denny would have replaced him with Leinart in 2006 anyway.

Rothlesberger got the chance to become good because he wasnt asked to actually win games until year 4....he just had to manage and not lose...and had a great defense. He would have been run out of the league within 3 years here.

Fitz4Ever

Veteran
Reaction score
Disagree. There are many teams needing a quarterback, and there are going to be at least five taken in the top 10 and a good chance. The top three will be quarterbacks.
There is NO WAY that 5 of the top 10 picks are QB's. That would be an all time record. I am not even positive that QB's will go top 2...thats how good MHJ is...he might go #1 overall.

There will be 3 Qb's taken in the top 10 at most, and that is if a team like Daniels and doesnt have to trade up for him...like maybe the Falcons.