Losing the lower pick surely sucks.

Card'em

All Star
Reaction score
I would be shocked if the Bears stick with Fields and pass on Williams with the first pick. Fields will never be a top tier starting QB because of his lack of arm talent. He might be a second tier(15-32) ranked starter, but that's his ceiling in my opinion.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Plus, I don't get the obsession with drafting a LT.
First, Humphries is only 30 year old. He still has 4-5 years left. OT's can play later in years. Hell, Trent Williams is about the best LT in the league and he's 35. Andrew Whitworth was 40 and the starting LT on a Super Bowl winner.
Second, you used a top pick on Paris Johnson last year. He wasn't drafted to be a RT. He's played well but RT's aren't drafted in the top 10. Especially trading back up to get him.
Drafting Alt or Fashanu doesn't make the Cardinals a better team. They are not going to be as good as DJ. I don't know why the Cardinals would want to move on from DJ. But, if they do, slide PJJ over and get a RT in free agency or draft one later in the draft.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Plus, I don't get the obsession with drafting a LT.
for me, its just how the draft unfolds --

the best prospects after MHJ are the two OTs

I think you can win playoff games with DJ and agree that if you believe PJJ is the LT of the future, finding a RT is easier

swagron

All Star
Reaction score
Harrison never played with Fields. Just Stroud and McCord. But you're right he played with very talented players, and you know what, Harrison is better than all of them.
And, yes, he's far better than Nabers. I'm not even arguing that point anymore.

I'm just disappointed that the Cards, who have, BY FAR, the worst WR room in the league could have added the best player at that position and transformed it into a strength. You never know, strange things happen in the draft.
Now the Bears are sitting in the catbird seat. They're going to trade down to 2 or 3, load up on draft capital and still get Harrison.
Bears aren’t passing on Williams. You aren’t going anywhere with a mediocre QB.

Fitz4Ever

Veteran
Reaction score

I think you can win playoff games with DJ and agree that if you believe PJJ is the LT of the future, finding a RT is easier
This is all true. The next best players are Alt and PSU OT....I'm a.m8ch bigger fan of Alt. I think he could be Joe Thomas at best or Jeo Staley at worst.

However...we would have to decide on Paris right then and there. Both of this year's OTs are better prospects than Paris...and I would rather have Paris stay at RT then having both guys at a new position in the NFL next year.

The other aspect is that we could dump DJ and probably get a LG with that money. DJ has never even been an above average OT his entire career...so even a rookie would quickly be an improvement.

But....if you want to move Paris to LT, there are a couple of RT prospects that might be around at the Texans pick.

It's a conundrum, because other than a LT you can't really point to a player that is "worth" the #4 pick

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

We could trade down, and in my opinion we should if we are at 4 or 5 and MHJ is off the board.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
That is because Anquan was measured in yards after catch.

With Fitz it was his amazing ability to catch pretty much everything.

So the lesson learned is?
You need two above average receivers even if you have a HOF QB.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would be shocked if the Bears stick with Fields and pass on Williams with the first pick. Fields will never be a top tier starting QB because of his lack of arm talent. He might be a second tier(15-32) ranked starter, but that's his ceiling in my opinion.
Should the Bears win their last game they will have ended the season 5-2, much like the Lions did last year.
I don’t think they are going to pull the plug on Fields.
At the halfway part of the season Chicago fans were calling for Fields, the head coach and the GM to be fired. Now? Not so much.
The only question I see is would they use the 1st pick for MHJ? Highly unlikely. They will trade this pick, but to who?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
This is kind of like the idea that MHJ was going back to Ohio St, If the Bears aren't taking a QB, they will trade out of the 1 spot.
I’m not entirely convinced of this. I’m not saying it won’t happen, I still think it’s most likely. But if we are willing to pass on trading out of a QB spot to take MHJ, then the bears should have the same line of thinking.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Im telling you I dont understand the question! Are you saying that there were people saying we should have taken Rothlesberger over Fitz? I certainly wasnt one of those people...so Im not sure what you're saying.

Winning that game against the Vikings took us from #2 to #3 overall....and we could have picked Ben at any point but didnt. He was never in the conversation for a top 3 pick...never. Eli and Rivers were head and shoulders better prospects. I genuinely dont understand what you are trying to say.
I believe it cost us the #1 pick and a shot at Eli.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Should the Bears win their last game they will have ended the season 5-2, much like the Lions did last year.
I don’t think they are going to pull the plug on Fields.
At the halfway part of the season Chicago fans were calling for Fields, the head coach and the GM to be fired. Now? Not so much.
The only question I see is would they use the 1st pick for MHJ? Highly unlikely. They will trade this pick, but to who?
Fields is like Murray to us. Some games he looks good. Then others not so much. IF both teams were set up like the Niners, I could see both Fields and Murray being good enough. This last week, Murray looked REAL good after that pick six. If we see that next week, maybe he's turned a corner?

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I believe it cost us the #1 pick and a shot at Eli.
I think if the Cards took Eli, they would have been forced to deal him like the Bolts did. Like I said, the Bolts got a haul of players for Eli, so it all worked good. The thing you have to ask yourself, is would you want the Cards to have Philip Rivers?

Reactions: PJ1

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Maybe some people thought that After Ben won 2 superbowls...but those people are slow adults. Ben's team went 15-1 his rookie year...and it wasnt because of him. He is also a rapist.

No, I would not have taken Rothlesberger over Fitz in any scenario, then or now.

Would you?
I think it’s interesting to see that you’re enough of a realist to understand the downside of yesterdays win for the long term benefit of the team, but can’t admit that it would’ve been better to draft a HOF quarterback than Fitz. And I love Fitz. I just had to our down my 15 year old Weimaraner two days ago whose AKC name was “Fitzgerald’s Great Super Bowl Catch” (Fitz). If the rape thing, I can understand that. Not not a football thing.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson