Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
That Kerr Kriisa can lead us to the F4

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That Kerr Kriisa can lead us to the F4

And the one who played against Colorado deservedly got benched for Larsson. That's the rub with him he's young and he's very up and down. Colorado sort of did what UCLA did in the first game, find Kriisa and target him, KJ Simpson in particular just attacked him.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And the one who played against Colorado deservedly got benched for Larsson. That's the rub with him he's young and he's very up and down. Colorado sort of did what UCLA did in the first game, find Kriisa and target him, KJ Simpson in particular just attacked him.
True but if there was ever a day to stumble, yesterday was it with all the other top 6 teams also going down.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
True but if there was ever a day to stumble, yesterday was it with all the other top 6 teams also going down.

You could also argue the opposite. It was by far the worst loss of the day by a top-10 team and probably cost them a comfortable seat at the 1-seed table. Also with a loss @USC on Tuesday means AZ would likely have to win out to win the P12.

I think #2 in the west is more likely now which I wouldn’t hate because Gonzaga isn’t a juggernaut.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You could also argue the opposite. It was by far the worst loss of the day by a top-10 team and probably cost them a comfortable seat at the 1-seed table. Also with a loss @USC on Tuesday means AZ would likely have to win out to win the P12.

I think #2 in the west is more likely now which I wouldn’t hate because Gonzaga isn’t a juggernaut.

You guys would have to lose very early in the conferenec tourney to not get a 1 seed IMO. The metrics are just too good for Arizona, elite offensive and defensive team.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
You guys would have to lose very early in the conferenec tourney to not get a 1 seed IMO. The metrics are just too good for Arizona, elite offensive and defensive team.

I don’t understand every metric but they dropped to #4 in Kenpom and #5 in BPI. Right now still #2 in NET.

I didn’t realize SC still had UCLA on the road. I think there’s a better chance AZ sweeps the Bay Area teams than SC winning in Westwood.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t understand every metric but they dropped to #4 in Kenpom and #5 in BPI. Right now still #2 in NET.

I didn’t realize SC still had UCLA on the road. I think there’s a better chance AZ sweeps the Bay Area teams than SC winning in Westwood.
yeah that's the last game hoping Juzang is back by then

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Since you can't both lose I hope you guys beat up USC tonight.

I assume you will put Terry or Mathurin on Drew "screech" Peterson he has been on a roll of late he's actually in the conference POY conversation now although I feel Mathurin has it sewn up.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
How many of you thought this would happen before the season started?

It helped the P12 was down but nobody thought they’d come together this fast. Wilner had them 9th before the season.

Mathurin has played his way into a top-10 pick.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It helped the P12 was down but nobody thought they’d come together this fast. Wilner had them 9th before the season.

Mathurin has played his way into a top-10 pick.
I knew UA was a tournament team but yeah much better than I expected. IMO it's all because of Koloko and Ballo, nobody expected either of them to be anywhere near this good.

The offensive system is good but part of why it works is Arizona doesn't have to worry about sending multiple guys to the defensive glass, they can look to push because they're confident the bigs are going to get the board. And the biggest surprise to me has been how good they are together, that completely caught me off guard.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

And it looks like tomorrow you get KJ Lewis. There's some people claiming it's Texas Tech but most everyone thinks Arizona.

Forgot to add I don't like Larsson as 6th man I would have given it to Ballo.

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
And it looks like tomorrow you get KJ Lewis. There's some people claiming it's Texas Tech but most everyone thinks Arizona.

Forgot to add I don't like Larsson as 6th man I would have given it to Ballo.

KJ is ours.

As for Pelle v Ballo - that's like choosing between making love to Kate Upton and Megan Fox. You're coming out ahead either way.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
KJ is ours.

As for Pelle v Ballo - that's like choosing between making love to Kate Upton and Megan Fox. You're coming out ahead either way.

Upton.

I like Larsson too I just think Ballo is the bigger impact guy they're both big parts of your success this year. That said as I've said before I think Larsson is potentially more valuable because in a 6 game tourney the odds of Kriisa having a melt down game are fairly good and if/when he does, Larsson can replace him.

I wonder how the votes went there see how close they were.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Upton.

I like Larsson too I just think Ballo is the bigger impact guy they're both big parts of your success this year. That said as I've said before I think Larsson is potentially more valuable because in a 6 game tourney the odds of Kriisa having a melt down game are fairly good and if/when he does, Larsson can replace him.

I wonder how the votes went there see ea close they were.
Yeah Upton's an easy call. I'm not so sure about Pelle over Oumar but there's an argument to be made either way IMO.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Upton.

I wonder how the votes went there see how close they were.

Despite being in college for 3 years Ballo still has 3 years of eligibility remaining so if Koloko has a hot tourney and decides to leave we’d still have size coming back.

Assuming Kerr, Pelle and Terry come back (not sure where’d they be going) but I think that keeps Boswell from reclassifying. AZ would still have Adama Bal, Jaylen Nowell and Dylan Anderson getting bigger roles.

Of course there’s always a transfer or international guy we don’t know about. I like this strategy more than the string of one and done’s Miller dealt with.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Despite being in college for 3 years Ballo still has 3 years of eligibility remaining so if Koloko has a hot tourney and decides to leave we’d still have size coming back.

Assuming Kerr, Pelle and Terry come back (not sure where’d they be going) but I think that keeps Boswell from reclassifying. AZ would still have Adama Bal, Jaylen Nowell and Dylan Anderson getting bigger roles.

Of course there’s always a transfer or international guy we don’t know about. I like this strategy more than the string of one and done’s Miller dealt with.
Plus there's always the transfer portal if Lloyd needs additional pieces.