Booker Question

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
yup. He set the tone right off the bat. Great lead performance.

I was impressed that he backed off looking for his own shot. In the past if he opened the game like that then it was virtually guaranteed he'd drop 40-50, easy. He seems to have learned that depending that energy in a blowout is a waste. He trusted his teammates and found them in good positions while playing as a decoy of sorts. Smart outing overall.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I was impressed that he backed off looking for his own shot. In the past if he opened the game like that then it was virtually guaranteed he'd drop 40-50, easy. He seems to have learned that depending that energy in a blowout is a waste. He trusted his teammates and found them in good positions while playing as a decoy of sorts. Smart outing overall.
He started to force it when CP3 went out, but seemed to pretty quickly realize that he wasn't playing the right way and the lead ballooned back up.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
He started to force it when CP3 went out, but seemed to pretty quickly realize that he wasn't playing the right way and the lead ballooned back up.

Yeah, he started pressing again but glad he realized he didnt need to.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Yep. Noticed that too. Almost fell back into old habits.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2Sun been strangely quiet lately

Lol... isn’t that because you banned him?

back to back SUPERSTAR performances by Book. This is the time legends are made. He’s off to a a damn good start dethroning the King and averaging 38/8/5 in swing Game 5 and close out Game 6.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Isn't this his new career high in 3ptm? I don't think he's ever had more than 6 or 7 in a game before this. To do it in a close out game is pretty freaking special.

You are correct. I thought it was higher but 6 is the most he's hit before. Tonight was a season high in points also.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's hard to believe anyone ever said this.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lol... isn’t that because you banned him?

back to back SUPERSTAR performances by Book. This is the time legends are made. He’s off to a a damn good start dethroning the King and averaging 38/8/5 in swing Game 5 and close out Game 6.

Not 1Sun

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure if this has been posted but this is a quote from Lebron James to Devin Booker.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Monty on Booker's aggressiveness:

“We had a conversation after Game 3 about, their (the Lakers’) defense is so good and they shift to the ball so well, he’s not going to get another look after the first one presents itself,” Suns coach Monty Williams said. “So that was the mentality that we wanted him to have, and he’s a gifted scorer.”

I feel like this has been something that Booker has been somewhat struggling with for a good chunk of this season. Sometimes he has been patient to a fault. I like seeing him take that first good opportunity instead of just waiting for another one later.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lebron praises Devin Booker.

"I love everything about D-Book."

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member