Booker Question

Discussion in 'Phoenix Suns' started by sinsay, Feb 16, 2021.

1. sinsay

sinsay Registered

How is it that Kobe played like Jordan

Booker plays like Kobe but Booker does not play like Jordan

I am a fan of all 3 but it's odd to me

2. Ouchie-Z-Clown

Ouchie-Z-Clown I'm better than Mulli!

Kobe had the athleticism to physically dominate virtually every player he came up against like Jordan did. Booker can on limited occasions but neither as consistently nor as completely as those two.

cardncubfan likes this.
  3. 95pro

95pro Registered

A copy of a copy of a copy

4. Suns_fan69

Suns_fan69 Official ASFN Lurker

Don't forget the defensive end. Booker is at least 2 steps down on Jordan / Kobe on that end. Could be about the athleticism that Ouchie mentioned but I don't think Booker will ever get to those guys' level defensively.

5. 95pro

95pro Registered

And physically. Just going off the eye, booker looks shorter in height and limbs. And maybe smaller hands.

6. Ouchie-Z-Clown

Ouchie-Z-Clown I'm better than Mulli!

He is smaller. Jordan was 6’6, Kobe 6’7, book 6’5

7. GatorAZ

GatorAZ feed hopkins

Here you go:

8. itlnsunsfan

itlnsunsfan Registered

The dude was just sickening. Sometimes I watch old school greats and wonder if they'd be as great playing in today's game. I watch Jordan and just think, "That's not fair". Nobody played like young Jordan. There's no comparison.

9. 1tinsoldier

1tinsoldier Registered

Jordan played smarter than Kobe and Booker. Booker's not as selfish as Kobe was on offense, but when Book goes 1 on 1 he doesn't have as many moves as Jordan or Kobe.

tonight's Nets game epitomizes why i want out of Booker. he hasn't got the bb-iq to lead a team to a championship and never will

he's been bumbling the ball all season trying to break through double teams in crunch time

sure, he's made some tough shots
    but i don't want my team TAKING tough shots when the game's on the line
    i want them taking high percentage shots

Paul was hot and can always be counted on to take high-percentage shots, yet Booker decided it was time for Booker-ball again (and his defense in the 4th sucked too)

i don't care if he was player of the week
    i've been watching him for years and his decision-making still lacks too far behind his physical ability

unless he can learn from Paul and the Suns become real contenders, i'd trade him for a young, solid star or a top pick when Paul leaves.

95pro likes this.
  10. AzStevenCal

AzStevenCal ASFN Contributor Contributor

A young David Thompson comes close. Very close.

Bobster likes this.
  11. itlnsunsfan

itlnsunsfan Registered

Some David Thompson highlights. Maybe I'm bias in favor of Jordan, but it's not close at all for me.

Bobster likes this.
  12. AzStevenCal

For a career Jordan does blow him out of the water. But Thompson, before his heavy cocaine use wore him out, was as close to Jordan as I can remember seeing. Dr J and Connie Hawkins were cut of the same cloth but Thompson was doing similar things at 6'4 so he stands out as more similar. Also, Dr J and Connie both entered the league in their later 20's (26 or 27) and much of their best basketball was behind them when I first had a chance to see them.

13. 1tinsoldier

1tinsoldier Registered

i want to be a Booker fan, but he makes it hard -- demonstrating his key flaw again in the very next game. things were tight until his head got hotter than his shot and he started picking up fouls and complaining. Paul eventually steered the team back in the right direction with good shots, good leadership, and 19 assists.

Booker can still be a great player without being the team leader. but he'll have to accepts his role and less than the max in the future for us to go all the way with him, because we'll have to pay another 2 stars to get it done

14. 1tinsoldier

1tinsoldier Registered

oh, and Booker's leadership flaw may be why the refs don't seem to respect him. he certainly doesn't get the abundance of calls that other aggressive stars get, and when the refs do blow the whistle it's too often an offensive foul on him.

15. AzStevenCal

He has the same problem Amare had, he pisses the refs off with the way he reacts. Tonight, that female ref missed an obvious foul when Booker lost his balance and went out of bounds with the ball. After that, Booker kept glaring at her and yapping at her and the other refs and the refs responded by calling him for 4 quick fouls, one technical, and ignoring a few fouls by Pels on him. He has to figure out how to talk to them.

1tinsoldier likes this.