Frank Vogel Defense

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He’s around 36% for his career so maybe a touch below for what we’d like to see. I’ve always said I think his arc on his shot needs to improve from further out.

He focuses a lot on midrange shots and is elite at that area but the threes come and go. He’s on a 3/25 stretch right now, otherwise he’d be around 37-38%.
In Feb he shot 33% from 3. Since the all-star break he is shooting 25.5% from 3. So far for March he is shooting 16.7% from 3. 30% of his shots come from 3. He is killing us with his 3 point shot. What is interesting is when he has 3+ days of rest? His average shoots up to 40%. Point Book IMO, as good as he has looked at times, has been a disaster IMO if you look at the turnover ratio this year and the lack of production in the 4th. His defense has fallen off as well.

It's not all on Book by any stretch but symptomatic of what the Suns are asking their players to do. Book being point Book. Beal handling the ball, Durant handling the ball. Guys playing a ton of minutes because of crappy bench production. It's a bad combo.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
In Feb he shot 33% from 3. Since the all-star break he is shooting 25.5% from 3. So far for March he is shooting 16.7% from 3. 30% of his shots come from 3. He is killing us with his 3 point shot. What is interesting is when he has 3+ days of rest? His average shoots up to 40%. Point Book IMO, as good as he has looked at times, has been a disaster IMO if you look at the turnover ratio this year and the lack of production in the 4th. His defense has fallen off as well.

It's not all on Book by any stretch but symptomatic of what the Suns are asking their players to do. Book being point Book. Beal handling the ball, Durant handling the ball. Guys playing a ton of minutes because of crappy bench production. It's a bad combo.
I hate to admit this, but it looks like Booker may just be a poor man’s harden. Hurts my soul to say that.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Book only had 2 turn overs. That's like CP3 efficiency.