Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does this comparison drive anyone else batty, or is it just me?

LeBron is a great player, but I’ve never feared him the way I did Jordan, or even Kobe for that matter …
To your point, I was a Jordon hater (mostly because he wasn't on my team, LOL). However, when our teams played LeBron or even Kobe there was never a sense of oh....we can't recover. When Jordon went off? It was more off....here we go again...nobody is going to stop him. There is no debate FOR ME.

OP
OP
Dan H

Dan H

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
To your point, I was a Jordon hater (mostly because he wasn't on my team, LOL). However, when our teams played LeBron or even Kobe there was never a sense of oh....we can't recover. When Jordon went off? It was more off....here we go again...nobody is going to stop him. There is no debate FOR ME.
There’s that, and there’s also the fact that Jordan would probably average 50 a game with today’s rules. No hand-checking, no hard contact? Holy crap.

Conversely, LeBron would cry like a baby if he had to play the Bad Boys-era Pistons.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
KD is better than Kobe. The lionization of Kobe is wild.

KD joined the team that beat him which is why he’ll always have legacy issues. Imagine Booker joining the Nuggets after they beat us last year,

He had to go to a team that already had a championship culture to win something whereas OKC was perennial underachievers and Brooklyn was a disaster. His Phoenix tenure is TBD.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
KD joined the team that beat him which is why he’ll always have legacy issues. Imagine Booker joining the Nuggets after they beat us last year,

He had to go to a team that already had a championship culture to win something whereas OKC was perennial underachievers and Brooklyn was a disaster. His Phoenix tenure is TBD.
This is all true, but I would point out that Kobe was pretty fortunate to be drafted into that situation with the Lakers. Always had one of the greatest coaches of all time and won his first 3 titles with one of the most dominant big men of all time.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Interesting that you think he has the better career despite winning less and gaining less accolades with more years played..
They're both great in their own right - there is no right answer to the debate. I think Lebron is far more impactful at this stage of his career than Jordan was. I'm sure he'll slow down at some point, but hasn't happened yet.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
This is all true, but I would point out that Kobe was pretty fortunate to be drafted into that situation with the Lakers. Always had one of the greatest coaches of all time and won his first 3 titles with one of the most dominant big men of all time.

True but at the same time Shaq doesn’t get past Portland or Sacramento those years without Kobe developing into a star. Pre-2000 Shaq was lucky social media and hot take shows didn’t exist yet.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
They're both great in their own right - there is no right answer to the debate. I think Lebron is far more impactful at this stage of his career than Jordan was. I'm sure he'll slow down at some point, but hasn't happened yet.
MJ at 38 years old came back from a 3 year retirement to a 19 win team and as the only significant addition had that team above .500 and playing excellent defense before he tore his meniscus right before the all star break. He was much better and more impactful (especially pre-injury) than he gets credit for.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
MJ at 38 years old came back from a 3 year retirement to a 19 win team and as the only significant addition had that team above .500 and playing excellent defense before he tore his meniscus right before the all star break. He was much better and more impactful (especially pre-injury) than he gets credit for.
Not a ton of load management when MJ played.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I would think this board knows better would vote Jordan, i would.

May i suggest a poll?

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I went LeBron but this is like a Coke vs Pepsi at this point. I don't think there is a wrong answer.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That is a hot take.

Came up in another thread. I think that Kobe and KD are outside the top 10.

On pure talent, KD is better by a wide margin, but I think KD's passive personality and lack of leadership knock him down several pegs amongst the "greats".

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson