Spurs vs Suns SL Game Thread 7/13/18

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Alec Peters is the Suns leading scorer with 12 points thus far going 4-4 from the field... all 3's.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Halftime:

Suns 42 - Spurs 22

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bridges is not exciting me as the 10th pick.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
End of 3rd quarter:

Suns 65 - Spurs 41

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bridges reported to have a knee contusion and will not return.

He finishes with 5 points on 1-4 shooting.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Hot garbage time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Bridges is not exciting me as the 10th pick.

In this game or in general? I don't think many of the top prospects have lived up to their billing but I've liked what Bridges has shown so far. Unfortunately he's been outplayed by Reed, but thankfully the Suns have both of them locked in.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In this game or in general? I don't think many of the top prospects have lived up to their billing but I've liked what Bridges has shown so far. Unfortunately he's been outplayed by Reed, but thankfully the Suns have both of them locked in.

In this game Bridges mostly hung around waiting for a 3 point shot. I was hoping to see him flash something that made him standout. I didn't see it.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
In this game Bridges mostly hung around waiting for a 3 point shot. I was hoping to see him flash something that made him standout. I didn't see it.

That's not his game. His game is playing D, and hitting the three. I find it very refreshing he knows his role unlike Warren or Jackson that force bad shots.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really? I'm not watching this game but in the others I felt like he played really well. High shooting percentage, not forcing up garbage, not turning the ball over and playing really really good defense.

I'm watching the game. There was not much to see or get excited about in today's game. With the level of competition so bad, I though he might show something.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Didn't watch tonight but last few games I thought they did not pass it to him enough.

I think that's a problem with how the Summer League is assembled. You have first round picks who are guaranteed spots on teams playing with guys trying to prove their place and earn a spot so they may be reluctant to get guys like Bridges and Ayton involved because they're already on the team. I'm not saying that's the cause behind them not receiving the ball or being passed to a lot because Shaq Harrison doesn't seem like a score first PG but perhaps it's something that other players think of. The 2 players Suns fans expected the most from or to have good showings were the 2 players who didn't get fed the ball very often.

I know Jackson was a bit reckless when he played but he had also earned his spot already and it was sort of a glorified pick-up game for him.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wouldn’t mind seeing this be the score everytime we play the Spurs.

No joking. :cool:

Unfortunately it was one of the most boring games I have watched. Nothing got the adrenaline flowing today.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm watching the game. There was not much to see or get excited about in today's game. With the level of competition so bad, I though he might show something.

The garbage slop of the summer league does not favor off the ball players.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i don't need to watch this do i?

and was wrong... no reason to play Ayton in this slop.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
i don't need to watch this do i?

and was wrong... no reason to play Ayton in this slop.
Yep. A consolation game in summer league is about as meaningless as a game of basketball can become.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard