Spurs vs Suns SL Game Thread 7/13/18

ArizonaSportsFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Suns play the Spurs tonight at 6:30 PM Eastern in the consolation round of the SL playoffs. Game can be seen on NBA TV.

I hope they still play hard and that Ayton gives extra effort.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Dave King said it best.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Oh so fitting...

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As we found out yesterday records do not matter much but the Suns are 3-1 in summer league play and the Spurs are 1-3.

It will be interesting to see if the Suns play with more intensity today. Besides missing a backup PG against the 76ers, the Suns lacked the intensity Josh Jackson brought to the game. As previously noted, he will not play today.

The game is scheduled to start at 3:30 p.m. Arizona time. This should conclude summer league play for the Suns.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Don't the Suns do this every year in summer league play? Play well to begin with, then lose the first tournament game, then play one more and go home.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Don't the Suns do this every year in summer league play? Play well to begin with, then lose the first tournament game, then play one more and go home.
No I’m pretty sure in 2013 we went to the championship game and lost to the Warriors. I think it was the year we had the Morris twins playing in it with Goodwin etc. And then two years ago, this happened and we advanced past the quarter finals

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
No I’m pretty sure in 2013 we went to the championship game and lost to the Warriors. I think it was the year we had the Morris twins playing in it with Goodwin etc. And then two years ago, this happened and we advanced past the quarter finals

Oh crap... Tyler Ulis! Maybe we should have brought him back... :)

Or you never know, we could be the opposite of the Cardinals--great preseason, bad regular season.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd like to see a rebound game from Ayton after a pretty listless performance yesterday.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I'd like to see a rebound game from Ayton after a pretty listless performance yesterday.
I hope he is begging to play in this game if the team is considering sitting him. He should absolutely want to play after the way he played in the last game.

Carolinacacti

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Reed must have been in the hot tub or put both knees on ice after philly. I hope the Suns give the guy a break, he busted his ass off this week. One take away from summer league for me "Coaching". thats good coaching

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
Reed has been great. Shaq has impressed as well. Hope they can contribute some energy and scoring off the bench this year. Who else should be on the solar subs?

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
On topic, still fond memories of Barkley's pull up at the free throw line over David Robinson, and that time we sent in the dragon.

Edited.

Last edited:

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I’d sit Ayton and let the others play for a roster spot. Treat it like the 4th preseason game in the NFL.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’d sit Ayton and let the others play for a roster spot. Treat it like the 4th preseason game in the NFL.
Yes. I would do this. Ayton has no motivation to play well anyway.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes. I would do this. Ayton has no motivation to play well anyway.

has no motivation to play well? He got pushed around and looked really weak yesterday. That should be motivation enough... as should getting more burn with his head coach and trying to improve.

My lord... he's a big man who needs development. Treating him with kid gloves makes no sense to me.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
has no motivation to play well? He got pushed around and looked really weak yesterday. That should be motivation enough... as should getting more burn with his head coach and trying to improve.

My lord... he's a big man who needs development. Treating him with kid gloves makes no sense to me.

This is my instinct too, but a bunch of teams basically waived the white flag in Summer League games. Bamba has looked lousy and Orlando didn't even play him yesterday. The play is so sloppy and awful that I think over exposure is probably an issue in the eyes of many teams.

Playing 5 or 6 games in like 7 or 8 days is pretty stupid, if your team makes the final I'm pretty sure they will have played 7 times in 9 days. The NBA needs to either stretch out the schedule more or do away with the "playoff" aspect.

TJ

Reaction score

Playing in one more meaningless game isn't going to prove anything one way or the other. Four games is enough. No need to expose him to more injury potential.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Yeah I don’t get this either. It’s an opportunity for him to get coached by his head coach and to work with his teammates. If we are really worried about him being hurt we shouldn’t let him practice or play in any games until the playoffs.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ayton needs the work but the Suns need some PGs to get him the ball. If the Suns do not have another PG to back up Harrison, it may not be worth it.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This may answer whether Ayton should play today.

The Suns basically have Harrison and one other PG they have used very sparingly.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
On topic, still fond memories of Barkley's pull up at the free throw line over Timmy, and that time we sent in the dragon.

Duncan was probably in jr high when that happened. It was over David Robinson

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns starters: Cooley, Bridges, Bender, Reed and Harrison.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bender starts scoring with a 3 point shot.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
An ugly 1st quarter. Game tied at 13 -13.

TJ

Reaction score
Yeah I don’t get this either. It’s an opportunity for him to get coached by his head coach and to work with his teammates. If we are really worried about him being hurt we shouldn’t let him practice or play in any games until the playoffs.

Id rather use today to give the other guys an opportunity to make the team. There are what, 10, 12 preseason games? He’s going to have a number of opportunities to be coached by Igor and immerse himself with the players with whom he’ll actually be playing. Today is completely meaningless in the grand scheme of things

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson