MCU: Iron Man

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My old ass decided against the 12:00 showing anyway. I'm doing some work tonight and plan on getting up early tomorrow to wrap some things up and then go to a 10:00 AM...I'm hoping for a non-full theater.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Holy crap this movie rocked. Exceeded all my expectations. Easily on par with the first x-men as far as comic book movies and probably exceeds it.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I saw it at the Tempe Marketplace Cine Capri, the 10 pm showing was packed. Yep, it totally rocked, the special effects were out of this world. I think Robert Downey Jr pulled off Tony Stark better than anyone could have imagined (or anyone could have). He played the part of a drunken playboy like he was one (oh wait :) )

I was pleasently suprised they stayed so faithful to the orginal story and really look forward to the sequal.

My only negative comment about this movie was Gwyneth Paltrow, yeah she was pretty hot in the movie, but I think she was too much of a serious actress to pull this off. Also, she sort of loses sex appeal points after pumping out 2 kids to the Coldplay dude. On second thought.... maybe she was the perfect person to play that part because of these factors

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I saw it at the Tempe Marketplace Cine Capri, the 10 pm showing was packed. Yep, it totally rocked, the special effects were out of this world. I think Robert Downey Jr pulled off Tony Stark better than anyone could have imagined (or anyone could have). He played the part of a drunken playboy like he was one (oh wait :) )

I was pleasently suprised they stayed so faithful to the orginal story and really look forward to the sequal.

My only negative comment about this movie was Gwyneth Paltrow, yeah she was pretty hot in the movie, but I think she was too much of a serious actress to pull this off. Also, she sort of loses sex appeal points after pumping out 2 kids to the Coldplay dude. On second thought.... maybe she was the perfect person to play that part because of these factors

I heard there is a surprise after the credit are over. Did you see it?

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I heard there is a surprise after the credit are over. Did you see it?

Negative.... It was like 12:45 am and we had to get home. I would have stayed 5 more minutes to see it though if I had known, I did so for the last X-men movie :)

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
My only spoiler
I really liked the writing in the final scene where RDJ is addressing the media. He was willing to go along with the fake story until he realized in his mind that he wasn't just a hero, he was a SUPERHERO. At that point Tony Stark's personality took over and says "I AM Iron Man"

Also I loved his cell phone ring tone, only a few in the audience got the joke

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Best. Superhero. Movie. Ever.

I especially liked the scenes when he took the armor on his first "mission."

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I guess I will have to describe. Nick Furry, played by Samuel L Jackson:doi:, shows up to recruit Tony Stark

:shock:

It should have been The Hoff, he already played him before :)

You must be registered for see images

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's very cool. In the ultimate comic book universe, Fury is drawn as Sam Jackson. I can't wait for the S.H.I.E.L.D. movie (not that they're working on one as far as I know, but they should.
You must be registered for see images attach

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
I went in to this movie with failry high expectations and I didn't leave disappointed.

Downey Jr was perfect in his role. I look forward to Howard getting a larger role as Rhodes in the sequel.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
"Next time, baby."

Yeah that was cool....not just what was said but Terence Howard has one of the coolest voices in Hollywood. Is a sequel already set in stone, was it like a 3 movie deal or anything?

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah that was cool....not just what was said but Terence Howard has one of the coolest voices in Hollywood. Is a sequel already set in stone, was it like a 3 movie deal or anything?
I don't know, but with the success this one is bound to have you'd think it's a no-brainer. I just hope Downey and Favreau are still onboard for all of them.

DWKB

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Nick Fury (Sam Jackson) shows up to talk to him about the "Avenger" program and says "You didn't think you were the only superhero did you?"

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
If anybody remembers the reporter in the middle of the movie, a Middle Eastern-looking woman with a British accent, that's the lead from the movie I made last year.

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Did you catch Ben Urich in the movie?
No!

For the most part I got wrapped up in the flick and totally missed that grand geek moment.

Is there a easter egg-type site up for the movie yet?

I'd love to know what else I didn't catch.