MCU: Iron Man

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No!

For the most part I got wrapped up in the flick and totally missed that grand geek moment.

Is there a easter egg-type site up for the movie yet?

I'd love to know what else I didn't catch.
When he gets back and holds the press conference and tells everyone to sit down, he looks at a reporter in the front and says, "Hi Ben, how are you doing?"

I can only guess they put in that throw-away line because it's Urich.

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I heard on TV today that Iron Man 2 has been committed to; RDJ's trainer said he'd have him in shape for the movie, and to look for a release in summer 2010.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I havent seen the movie yet, but am so glad RDJ got his life back on track. :)

Red Hawk

JUST WIN!
Reaction score
I heard there is a surprise after the credit are over. Did you see it?

Man, can't believe I missed it. I stayed after expecting something like outtakes or whatever.

Even worse I got the S.H.E.I.L.D. reference the fist time he gave the name. ( I swear a good portion of the audience didn't get it tell the end. :)

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Movie had a knockout cast. The acting was very well done and RDJ??? I am so glad to see this guy back on track a headlining a blockbuster. He brought so much humanity to the character.

Still one of my favorite movies of all time with him is Chaplin. His best performance IMO.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Was that Stan Lee as Hugh Heffner outside the party? It was so quick I wasn't sure.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was that Stan Lee as Hugh Heffner outside the party? It was so quick I wasn't sure.

Yup. But he wasn't heffner--he played himself. Stark mistook him for Hef. (at least that's how I interpreted the scene.)

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Yup. But he wasn't heffner--he played himself. Stark mistook him for Hef. (at least that's how I interpreted the scene.)

Stan Lee is normally in a smoking vest surrounded by blondes? I thought it was just an appearance by Lee like he seems to do in all Marvel movies, a small bit part that if you blink you'll miss him but the only movie I remember him playing himself is Mallrats.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Going to a 4:30 show today.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Who is Ben Urich?

He's a reporter character, he was in DareDevil and was played by the dude who was Ralphy in the Sopranos. I only ever saw him in DD comics, but I'm not as big of a nerd as some on here.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He's a reporter character, he was in DareDevil and was played by the dude who was Ralphy in the Sopranos. I only ever saw him in DD comics, but I'm not as big of a nerd as some on here.
His part in recent DDs is one of those "big roles" to which I'm referring.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was pretty good entertaining movie!

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Saw it last night. Really, really enjoyed it! Love RDJ. Thought he did a great job. Nice mix of action, comedy and no major hokey love story. Good stuff!

AZZenny

Reaction score
Wonderfully done! Enjoyed it immensely. RDJ was perfect.

When I saw the trailer for Edward Norton as the Hulk, I about fell off my seat. I guess the finest actors of that generation are out to have some fun!

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wonderfully done! Enjoyed it immensely. RDJ was perfect.

When I saw the trailer for Edward Norton as the Hulk, I about fell off my seat. I guess the finest actors of that generation are out to have some fun!

Ditto and double ditto. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Edward Norton, Liv Tyler and William Hurt in the Hulk.... That looks like it could be every bit as fun as I.M.

And according to the credits, RDJ has a bit part.

To quote Flounder.... "Oh boy is the great!!!"

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Best. Superhero. Movie. Ever.

I especially liked the scenes when he took the armor on his first "mission."
I really enjoyed it.

I just wanted more crimefighting and a more complicated ending.

Also, how in the world did Obediah Stane immediately know how to use the suit? Didn't he just acquire the power source for it minutes before? It took Stark a long time to get the controls of the suit.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Nick Fury (Sam Jackson) shows up to talk to him about the "Avenger" program and says "You didn't think you were the only superhero did you?"

holy crap that gets me excited.

movie was great. as huge ironman and wolverine fan i have yet to be let down with their portrayals.

robert downey jr was fantastic. and the armor just looked terrific, even if it wasn't the rippling muscles of early gold and red fame. it looked pretty close to the later designs.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Captain America's shield under Stark's right arm

You must be registered for see images

i don't think that's SUPPOSED to be the ACTUAL shield, but i'll bet it was definitely something a techy snuck into the shot.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Surprised, but that movie hit all the right notes for me. It's what a super hero movie should be -- a bit smarter, but not full of self-righteousness and surreal do-gooder-ness. All the plot devices worked, even the love story, because they focused on Pepper's devotion rather than Pepper's infatuation. Bravo. Multiple parties, and I didn't even mind the over-the-top bad guy monologue at the end (properly satirized in The Invincibles). I'd give it my highest rating if it just had found one more thing to draw me in ... more emotional struggle from rebel to hero or something ... but it's every bit as good (if not better) than reading the comic itself.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA