Top 5 MCU Titles

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
The last couple posts in the Ant-Man thread from Cheese and myself on the movies in different phases got me wondering, what's everyone's favorite Top 5 MCU titles (movies or TV show)? Post your top 5 favorites in order with 1 being your top movie. If we get enough response I'll do a MVP-style weighted tabulation of this to get the board's overall top 5.

I'll start:
1. Winter Soldier
2. GotG
3. Doctor Strange
4. Infinity War
5. Iron Man

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1. Iron Man
2. Guardians 1
3. Infinity War
4. Endgame
5. Winter Soldier
6. Last 45 minutes of Spider-Man No Way Home

I’ve been surprised at how much Winter Soldier slid for me. I can easily watch any of the top 4 whenever I flip around and they’re on, but Winter Soldier kinda bores me now. Used to have it right under the first Iron Man.

Last edited:

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
1. Guardians 1
2. iron Man
3. Winter Soldier
4. Infinity War
5. Black Panther

Criminal to leave off Spidey: Homecoming, with perhaps the best villain in the MCU. Tough to push Iron Man to 2, as it changed super hero movies.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
1. Infinity War
2. Spiderman: NWH
3. Black Panther
4. Iron Man
5. Endgame

Honorable: Spiderman: HC and Shang-Chi a close tie. The rest are at least a tier below, but I pretty much enjoy all of them for the most part.

Bsically impossible to leave off first Iron Man. It's tough to put infinity war and endgame as two separates, even when IF is better, but just can't leave them off. It's like if you had to pick top 5 movies and each LOTR takes up 3 slots as a single story, (although first one is my favorite there) so it's kinda lame. Of course all of them are stellar.

Last edited:

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like big teamups and spectacles

1. The Avengers
2. Captain America: Civil War
3. Spiderman NWH
4. Infinity War
5. Endgame

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1. Shang Chi
2. Avengers
3. Endgame
4. Black Panther
5. Maybe Guardians, maybe Iron Man but I might have 3 or 4 different #5 movies depending on the day.
Since we are adding in TV shows, It is very possible Wandavision sneaks in there.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1. Shang Chi
2. Avengers
3. Endgame
4. Black Panther
5. Maybe Guardians, maybe Iron Man but I might have 3 or 4 different #5 movies depending on the day.
Since we are adding in TV shows, It is very possible Wandavision sneaks in there.

Shang Chi just missed my list. I liked it more than any of the Iron Mans

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
1 Endgame
2 Infinity War
3 Guardians 1
4 Ironman
5 Doctor Strange

I really think you can make a case for Endgame being the greatest movie ever made. You’re talking 10 years and 20 movies all leading up to one event and they pulled it off.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
1 Endgame
2 Infinity War
3 Guardians 1
4 Ironman
5 Doctor Strange

I really think you can make a case for Endgame being the greatest movie ever made. You’re talking 10 years and 20 movies all leading up to one event and they pulled it off.
Wow.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Hmmm....
Avengers
Spiderman>>insert subtitle here>>
Captain America
Guardians 1
Ragnarok

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1 Endgame
2 Infinity War
3 Guardians 1
4 Ironman
5 Doctor Strange

I don’t think it’s the greatest movie ever made by any stretch, but I do think it’s caps off one of cinema’s greatest achievements, pulling off a… what… 20 film franchise AND sticking the landing for the overwhelming majority of audiences.

What Marvel accomplished in its first 12 years is unparalleled in the history of franchise filmmaking. Absolutely this generations Star Wars on steroids.

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Winter Soldier
GotG
End Game
Infinity War
Shang Chi

Honorable Mention - Thor - Ragnarok, simply because Cate Blanchett is in it. ;)

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any of them since Endgame. Also the first two Thor’s and Captain Marvel.

Way disagree. Two of my top 6 are post Endgame. I loved Wandavision. Spiderman Far from Home is excellent.

I do agree that the first two Thor's are bad.

My bottom 5 are:

#1. Iron Man 3
#2. Thor Dark World
#3. The Eternals
#4. Thor
#5. Black Widow

Iron Man 2 would be #4 if not for the introduction of ironically the Black Widow.

OP
OP
Devilmaycare

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
Way disagree. Two of my top 6 are post Endgame. I loved Wandavision. Spiderman Far from Home is excellent.

I do agree that the first two Thor's are bad.

My bottom 5 are:

#1. Iron Man 3
#2. Thor Dark World
#3. The Eternals
#4. Thor
#5. Black Widow

Iron Man 2 would be #4 if not for the introduction of ironically the Black Widow.

Hold this one for the weekend though. :) I'm going to leave this open until tomorrow evening and then close the voting. Bottom 5 will be the next round.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hold this one for the weekend though. :) I'm going to leave this open until tomorrow evening and then close the voting. Bottom 5 will be the next round.

Yeah and thinking about it I have to switch 4 and 6 anyway. The overwhelming theme in my least favorites is the antagonist SUCKED.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Iron Man 3 has a special bonus of two incredibly bad antagonists and almost no actual Iron Man.

It would be like watching Spider Man spend the entire movie as Peter Parker with Paste Pot Pete and Frogman making his dating life difficult and trying to steal his hostess cupcakes.

(If you got more than half those references congrats you are an 80s kid who read comics)

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Iron Man 3 has a special bonus of two incredibly bad antagonists and almost no actual Iron Man.

It would be like watching Spider Man spend the entire movie as Peter Parker with Paste Pot Pete and Frogman making his dating life difficult and trying to steal his hostess cupcakes.

(If you got more than half those references congrats you are an 80s kid who read comics)
Anyone ever notices Hostess Cupcakes were never the same after the company went out of business and was bought and revived later? Those fake Hostess Cupcakes now suck.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh I could go on about what was amazing as a kid that now sucks. McDonald's Apple Pies used to be enormous and stuffed with apples. Now it's about the size of a small candy bar and half filled