Top 5 MCU Titles

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh I could go on about what was amazing as a kid that now sucks. McDonald's Apple Pies used to be enormous and stuffed with apples. Now it's about the size of a small candy bar and half filled

You're 100% right. I'd kill for some McDonaldland cookies also.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh I could go on about what was amazing as a kid that now sucks. McDonald's Apple Pies used to be enormous and stuffed with apples. Now it's about the size of a small candy bar and half filled
When I used to work at McDonalds, I would fry up like 50 nuggets and about 10 apple pies right before closing. They would let us take home the extra food.

I did just have an apple pie from Popeyes the other day and it was damn good.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We were unfamiliar with Brie Larson until we saw this movie and we absolutely loved her. Without her it may well be one of the worst MCU movies but she made it special for us.
I wasn't familiar with her either. I like Brie as an actress. I just don't think it is a great movie.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interesting, I’m surprised neither you or @AzStevenCal were familiar with Brie Larson because you both seem like big movie guys.
I used to be much bigger than I was. Hell, I built a home theater in my basement. While I was building, I decided to not watch movies and wait.

The problem is that I don't watch as many movies as I would like because sports and video games take up quite a bit of time. I also want to watch nearly every movie at near reference level and its hard to do that without shaking the house. So I waited to watch movies and then now don't have the time. There is a 2-3 year gap where I missed a lot of them.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interesting, I’m surprised neither you or @AzStevenCal were familiar with Brie Larson because you both seem like big movie guys.
I'd heard of her but thought she was mostly a tv name and we don't usually watch the kind of shows she'd been in. We did watch a Scott Pilgrim movie but we didn't care for it and she didn't stand out that I recall. We thought she was great in Kong Skull Island but we only watched it because we'd loved her in Captain Marvel. Is there some earlier movie she has a decent role in that warrants a viewing?

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I'd heard of her but thought she was mostly a tv name and we don't usually watch the kind of shows she'd been in. We did watch a Scott Pilgrim movie but we didn't care for it and she didn't stand out that I recall. We thought she was great in Kong Skull Island but we only watched it because we'd loved her in Captain Marvel. Is there some earlier movie she has a decent role in that warrants a viewing?
Room. By far, Room.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah. Her big…ish breakout movies that really catapulted her were Short Term 12 and then Room. Tough subject matter to watch but absolutely outstanding, star turn performances.

I was pretty excited for Ms. Marvel because she’s just so watchable on screen but I fell asleep like three times in that movie.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah. Her big…ish breakout movies that really catapulted her were Short Term 12 and then Room. Tough subject matter to watch but absolutely outstanding, star turn performances.

I was pretty excited for Ms. Marvel because she’s just so watchable on screen but I fell asleep like three times in that movie.
I'll have to go back and watch Room.

OP
OP
Devilmaycare

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score

It was bad casting IMO. She didn't fit the role and is much better in the other movies I've seen her in. I'll take her and Tom Hiddleston in Skull Island over Captain Marvel.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson