You're the GM...

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
*Disclaimer - I have been a Suns fan since 1984 and the suns have been my first sports team. I have grown up with this team and never miss watching more than ten games a year. JC had his ups and downs also and with no Salary Cap/CBA it was a different time.

So here is your chance to be the GM! You can go back a max of five years and make some moves or draft a different player and build this team, how you the "Monday Morning GM" would have.

**Rules - you can not draft a player more than two spots from where he was picked also this is not NBA live you will have to make realistic trades and stay under the CAP, additionally you must be the less than the 10 highest total salaries for that year. Additionally, the players you add/draft will effect your draft position the following year and again you are limited to only pick with two spots of that pick.

In the end let's see if you can build a team that could've #1 win the Title or #2 position the team in a better position then they are right now.

***Just expect to receive feedback and criticism just like any GM on this board.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I do not want to go back in time.

Rather I would like to take the Suns as they are today and proceed forward... like a newly hired GM.

1. Hire a new HC with experience before the draft if possible. It could be an assistant coach.
I want his input on the players the Suns draft especially since he will be coaching them. No looking to hire a HC on the cheap.

2. Add another scout who has a track record of finding talent. Perhaps make him head of scouting if he has the credentials.

3. Draft BPA with the Suns pick, then let the draft come to the Suns unless they can move up in the draft using the Heat and Bucks pick with a player like Chriss.

4. Definitely check the market value of current Suns players which is related to #3. Almost everyone can be traded except Booker.

5. As it stands now, I want the Suns to keep Payton. His track records suggests he can run a team now. This does not mean I would not draft another PG.

6. Look at trades to improve the team. This may well happen during the draft.

7. Use free agency to fill in any holes. The Suns need more shooters for sure.

These are my thoughts at the moment but I want to come back with more details. Just want to get the ball rolling.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I do not want to go back in time.

Rather I would like to take the Suns as they are today and proceed forward... like a newly hired GM.

1. Hire a new HC with experience before the draft if possible. It could be an assistant coach.
I want his input on the players the Suns draft especially since he will be coaching them. No looking to hire a HC on the cheap.

2. Add another scout who has a track record of finding talent. Perhaps make him head of scouting if he has the credentials.

3. Draft BPA with the Suns pick, then let the draft come to the Suns unless they can move up in the draft using the Heat and Bucks pick with a player like Chriss.

4. Definitely check the market value of current Suns players which is related to #3. Almost everyone can be traded except Booker.

5. As it stands now, I want the Suns to keep Payton. His track records suggests he can run a team now. This does not mean I would not draft another PG.

6. Look at trades to improve the team. This may well happen during the draft.

7. Use free agency to fill in any holes. The Suns need more shooters for sure.

These are my thoughts at the moment but I want to come back with more details. Just want to get the ball rolling.

This is spot on. @Mainstreet for GM!