WR2 options

sportznutt

Canadian Card
Reaction score
Should we go the free agency route? The wait and see what we have route? Or the draft a top WR (ala Atlanta) route?

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
I would love DeSean Jackson as a #2 on our team, but the guy wants to be paid like a #1 and would never be happy playing second-fiddle to Fitz.

thephoenixson28

All Star
Reaction score
I don't think Jackson gets paid like one though. He is going to have to take a 1 year deal or so for X anoint of dollars to show is worth it.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Many, many good UFA's are available including: Bowe, Garcon, Colston, Vince Jackson, Steve Johnson, Reggie Wayne, Mario Manningham, Robert Meachem, Eddie Royal, Mike Wallace & Wes Welker. Some will be resigned but the market is good for sure.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
WR2 is a big need but I don't think its our biggest need, so no reason to go the Atlanta route (trading up big time). If for some reason, Blackmon fell to us, we would take him. I say that because I think we have finally learned to take the BPA vs need. I also think we should take Richardson if he fell.

Needs:
LT
RT
WR2
OLB
CB

I think we will sign a WR2 in free agency but not a top tier (R Wayne, Colston, S Johnson, D Jackson, D Bowe, etc). There are some 2nd tier guys that can stretch the field and would be solid WR2's:

Pierre Garcon
Robert Meachem
Mario Manningham
Laurent Robinson

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Reggie Wayne or Deason Jackson

I could see Reggie Wayne fitting in this system, but he will be expensive.

Jackson is not what we are looking for, in my opinion.

Marques Colston or Dwayne Bowe would be great, but that will never happen.

Robert Meachem
Pierre Garcon
Jerome "Flip" Simpson
Edit: Laurent Robinson <--- stolen from the post above. Good find, and a good #2 reciever.

Not too many. I personally would like to see the Cardinals grab Tommy Streeter in the 3rd round.

I think what the Cardinals are missing is a posession reciever that can line up on the outside, get off the line, and catch the ball first and foremost.

The Cardinals have too many, slot type recievers that drop too many clutch, "keep the drive alive" catches. I would love to know how many drops Doucet, Roberts, and Rob Housler had on 3rd downs this year.

Last edited:

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Many, many good UFA's are available including: Bowe, Garcon, Colston, Vince Jackson, Steve Johnson, Reggie Wayne, Mario Manningham, Robert Meachem, Eddie Royal, Mike Wallace & Wes Welker. Some will be resigned but the market is good for sure.

Eddie Royal is intriguing, but I don't know enough about his Denver career to know if he is a potential #2 WR for us.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Eddie Royal is intriguing, but I don't know enough about his Denver career to know if he is a potential #2 WR for us.

Eddie Royal is the last thing this team needs. Another small, quick. slot reciever that cannot get off the line of scrimmage if lined up on the outside.

Royal is great for his role, and if the Cardinals were getting rid of both Doucet, and Roberts, Royal would be a HUGE upgrade, but IMO, Royal would not fill the need at WR for the Cardinals.

PaulW

Veteran
Reaction score
Vincent Jackson 6' 5", 230 would be the perfect compiment to Fitz and draft someone like Keshawn Martin 5' 10" 190 4.4 with a 6th round.

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Braylon Edwards is still available.

Guy is a former #3 overall pick for a reason. Extremely talented when he wants to be and I think with Larry next to him, he will be. Dudes 6'3 and runs a 4.38 40, what more do you want.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think we should go after andre roberts or maybe early doucet

MoeIsBetter

SPA Co-Commishioner
Reaction score
I say draft one. This year is stocked at WR and I don't have a problem spending our first round pick on a receiver if one were to fall. If Blackmon, Jeffery, or Michael Floyd (Notre Dame) are available, it's very hard for me not to pull the trigger.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll not go so far as to say it's not on the shopping list, but WR2 is really far down on my list of "needs." Fix the line and get some consistently average QB play and the offense is a pretty good one, IMO.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score

Guy is a former #3 overall pick for a reason. Extremely talented when he wants to be and I think with Larry next to him, he will be. Dudes 6'3 and runs a 4.38 40, what more do you want.

A work ethic and good hands.

If Fitz could take him under his wing an mold him into a professional...then yes. Otherwise, we don't need that on our team.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll not go so far as to say it's not on the shopping list, but WR2 is really far down on my list of "needs." Fix the line and get some consistently average QB play and the offense is a pretty good one, IMO.

This.. It's way down the list.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
"Chain Mover"

When you've got to convert a 3rd & anything and need a #2 WR you can absolutely trust, that's what we've gotta have.

There are guys out there - FA's, #1's, later picks, CFL etc. who fill the bill.

I don't care where we get him, but however our priorities and available talent happen to fall, we gotta get one of those.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When you've got to convert a 3rd & anything and need a #2 WR you can absolutely trust, that's what we've gotta have.

There are guys out there - FA's, #1's, later picks, CFL etc. who fill the bill.

I don't care where we get him, but however our priorities and available talent happen to fall, we gotta get one of those.

FYI early was like top 3 in nfl with catches for 1st on 3rd down.

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
A work ethic and good hands.

If Fitz could take him under his wing an mold him into a professional...then yes. Otherwise, we don't need that on our team.

Thats the risk you take. But I think he will thrive here.

The guy has personal issues. Wheres he played?

- Cleveland: Practically a village. Place where big personalities get in trouble due to boredom

- Jets: I dont think anything needs to be said here

- SF: Seeing how Crabtree acts and Vernon Davis KO'ing his teammates, I didnt see him being successful there anyways.

+ he was injured a year in Cleve and this year in SF.

Cards have a very strong locker room. Theres nobody in this league better than Larry for Braylon. I think the Cards need him and he needs the cards.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

He is also available for a reason. Lazy punk who gets into trouble and drops too many balls while making a bunch of dumb a$$ plays and or giving half hearted effort.

I guess the list above describes what I don't want so take the opposite of that for what I do want, since you asked. :)

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Thats the risk you take. But I think he will thrive here.

The guy has personal issues. Wheres he played?

- Cleveland: Practically a village. Place where big personalities get in trouble due to boredom

- Jets: I dont think anything needs to be said here

- SF: Seeing how Crabtree acts and Vernon Davis KO'ing his teammates, I didnt see him being successful there anyways.

+ he was injured a year in Cleve and this year in SF.

Cards have a very strong locker room. Theres nobody in this league better than Larry for Braylon. I think the Cards need him and he needs the cards.

Same stuff was said in defense of TO and he did produce results. I don't care how good your locker room is a cancer is a cancer. That's why TO kept getting bounced and why Moss got bounced several times as well.

Last edited:

Rats

Somanyfreaks,SofewCircus'
Reaction score
Texas A&M Wr Fuller could be a solid pick if we trade down trying to get a 2nd rd pick. He has size and speed and really punishes the DB in the games I saw. Haven't seen where he is projected to go but he will be a good one. Reminds me of Bowe.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard