Wow...You guys have had an exciting week - Just pulled back in (check it out)

Captain Matt

Registered
Reaction score
Hey all! Been a pretty exciting week...

On Monday I got underway for Stellar Avenger on one of our Hawaii based surface combatants. I'd love to tell you all about the mission, but until it's all been blessed by the security folks the best I can do is to vector you to one of the websites:

http://www.navy.mil/search/display.asp?story_id=47327

Yep, we kill stuff in space...all of the time.

Anyhow, I've been stuck out in Hawaii since the second week of May and FINALLY get to go home this week. Between all of the stuff going on with North Korea and the mission work-ups I've been hard-pressed to keep up with the "goings-on" in the NFL. Fortunately I have THE BEST RESOURCE IN THE WORLD for all things Cardinal in ASFN. So I need to thank you all so very much for keeping this wayward sailor up-to-date.

Only sailors can really appreciate this, but onboard our ships (especially during a mission) there is a condition where all external communications are secured to and from the ship (except for official channels). Well, to make a long story short, the first I'd heard about our top draft picks signing and the wonderful reports form training camp was about 30 minutes ago right here on ASFN. After talking to my wife and kids, taking a Hollywood shower, and cracking a beer, the first thing I did was to log in here and get all caught up.

My brother and I used to make the annual pilgrimage to Flagstaff, and had every intent of doing it this year until I got called away....So it means a lot when you guys put together the daily summaries and the observations that would otherwise never come to folks who couldn't make it to TC. You guys rock! Keep 'em coming....

"If it flies.... it dies...."

LCDR S.

Attachments

• web_090730-N-XXXXX-001.jpg
    web_090730-N-XXXXX-001.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 330

lauraw

"Vincere, Aut Mori" !
Reaction score
You are our hero!!! Keep up your strong service, sir!! And keep your head down and safe!

Last edited:

Cards Czar

The Bird is the Word
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey all! Been a pretty exciting week...

On Monday I got underway for Stellar Avenger on one of our Hawaii based surface combatants. I'd love to tell you all about the mission, but until it's all been blessed by the security folks the best I can do is to vector you to one of the websites:

http://www.navy.mil/search/display.asp?story_id=47327

Yep, we kill stuff in space...all of the time.

Anyhow, I've been stuck out in Hawaii since the second week of May and FINALLY get to go home this week. Between all of the stuff going on with North Korea and the mission work-ups I've been hard-pressed to keep up with the "goings-on" in the NFL. Fortunately I have THE BEST RESOURCE IN THE WORLD for all things Cardinal in ASFN. So I need to thank you all so very much for keeping this wayward sailor up-to-date.

Only sailors can really appreciate this, but onboard our ships (especially during a mission) there is a condition where all external communications are secured to and from the ship (except for official channels). Well, to make a long story short, the first I'd heard about our top draft picks signing and the wonderful reports form training camp was about 30 minutes ago right here on ASFN. After talking to my wife and kids, taking a Hollywood shower, and cracking a beer, the first thing I did was to log in here and get all caught up.

My brother and I used to make the annual pilgrimage to Flagstaff, and had every intent of doing it this year until I got called away....So it means a lot when you guys put together the daily summaries and the observations that would otherwise never come to folks who couldn't make it to TC. You guys rock! Keep 'em coming....

"If it flies.... it dies...."

LCDR S.

CDR know how you feel. But I was one of the lucky ones. My office used to have one of the only computers that had internet access when under way (Supply Finanical), so everybody used to pester me by asking for the scores. LOL. Hated it then but looking back i was one lucky LPO.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Go Army... Beat Navy.

God bless buddy.

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info Lt. One of these days, you or someone like you will be responsible for saving our country from an unimaginable horror. Glad to know we have the technology and the skill to be able to accomplish this.:thumbup:

RonF

Per Ardua Ad Astra
Reaction score
Thanks for the info Lt. One of these days, you or someone like you will be responsible for saving our country from an unimaginable horror. Glad to know we have the technology and the skill to be able to accomplish this.:thumbup:

Do you mean like a direct hit on congress? :)

Catfish

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome back Lt. --- Great to have men and women like you on the line protecting us. Good for you to find that ALL the redbirds reported back in great shape and within or below projected playing weight targets. Hope you are a tickled with the camp reports as we have been. Have a wonderful time enjoying our season with us, and God bless you and your family for your service and devotion to our country!!!