I've never had more hope for a HC and staff

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
yeah..a wide net is crucial... but you have to cast it out there really far...wide, and far...
but the thing with nets see,... the important thing ...its the mesh...the mesh has to be fine ya see...otherwise it dont matter how wide it is...or even how far you cast it...its that fine net mesh,...when cast far and wide... THAT is what gets you a great catch!
The Cardinals cast the most successful net ever to hire a GM and HC by far. Nobody's ever cast a net further and wider than the Cardinals. The Cardinals cast the widest and furthest net ever to be cast.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
The Cardinals cast the most successful net ever to hire a GM and HC by far. Nobody's ever cast a net further and wider than the Cardinals. The Cardinals cast the widest and furthest net ever to be cast.
The Cardinals have the best net. No one knows more about nets that I do. I am very smart. I have a really good brain.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
OROY, 2 pro bowls & 1 year of unmitigated disasters that he had very little to do with NEVER EVER equates to plenty of blame & poor play. People have a very short memory. When you literally have to carry a team on your shoulders, it will ALWAYS catch up to you. Archie Manning was one of the greatest QB’s to ever enter the NFL, but he never got rescued from a pathetic organization & poor coaching.
I don’t get this. Yes he earned those accolades. Yes he had a crap coach. But things like running outta bounds short of a first and missing open receivers are foibles of the player. No one to blame for things like those but kyler. He’s a mercurial talent. Some great things. Some bad things. Hopefully he grows beyond the bad. But he wasn’t blameless in all this.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
The hope is that Kyler has grown, because what we have seen from him so far isn't good enough to lead this team. I'm a huge Kyler Murray fan, but to act like Murray wasn't part and parcel a part of the problem last year is just straight ignoring objective facts.

Kliff ain't here anymore and so far the JG/Monti experiment is looking pretty damn positive.
This is where I depart from your rhetoric. We have seen the kyler capable of leading this team. We’ve just seen wide variance in his play.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
This is where I depart from your rhetoric. We have seen the kyler capable of leading this team. We’ve just seen wide variance in his play.
Leading this team as an athlete, or leading this team as a leader guy?

I'd say we've seen more than enough evidence of the former -- that how he earned his massive contract extension.

For the latter, I think he's fallen short across multiple opportunities, but we're getting good signals from Hardy Drive these days.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
I don’t get this. Yes he earned those accolades. Yes he had a crap coach. But things like running outta bounds short of a first and missing open receivers are foibles of the player. No one to blame for things like those but kyler. He’s a mercurial talent. Some great things. Some bad things. Hopefully he grows beyond the bad. But he wasn’t blameless in all this.

Do you expect him to be perfect Ouchie?

If he runs out of bounds short of a first down in a game we win 42-14, and in game where he throws for 300 and runs for 50 more, are you going to type about that in the post game thread?

Let me save you the suspense. He's going to make mistakes this season and in future seasons, but it's his overall performance that matters.

Last edited:

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

If he runs out of bounds short of a first down in a game we win 42-14, and in game where he throws for 300 and runs for 50 more, are you going to type about that in the post game thread?

Let me save you the suspense. He's going to make mistakes this season and in future seasons, but it's his overall performance that matters.
This is such a strawman. These plays are only memorable because they occured in high-leverage situation where they actually mattered in determining the outcome of a game.

In fact, we'd probably be mad if he didn't run out of bounds in a game with score you reference because he shouldn't be putting his body on the line.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score

There are mistakes and then there are "Oh eff no" mistakes. Ouchie was referencing one of the latter. You know this. Nobody gets a pass on that. Nobody.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Kyler Murray is among the most gifted athletes in the NFL when you consider the total package of what he can do.

He is incredibly fast, agile, has an elite arm, accuracy, and ball placement. Murray has proven all of that. He just needs to step up and make his teammates play harder.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
He just needs to step up and make his teammates play harder.
This is real loser talk. I don't know if great quarterbacks make their teammates play harder. 80% of the guys on the field are playing for their families and livelihoods from year to year. Some of them are doing so from game to game.

Kyler running around for 20 seconds isn't sustainable, and you shouldn't need to do that to beat a mid Oakland Raiders team. What Kyler needs to learn is that sometimes a six-yard play is just fine on first and 10, and pick his spots when he decides to go superman.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Leading this team as an athlete, or leading this team as a leader guy?

I'd say we've seen more than enough evidence of the former -- that how he earned his massive contract extension.

For the latter, I think he's fallen short across multiple opportunities, but we're getting good signals from Hardy Drive these days.
Point taken. Agreed. But he seems to be growing into the latter this offseason. We will see how it plays out.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

I’m going to save us both time. This isn’t a serious post so I’m not responding with any substance.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
This is real loser talk. I don't know if great quarterbacks make their teammates play harder. 80% of the guys on the field are playing for their families and livelihoods from year to year. Some of them are doing so from game to game.

Kyler running around for 20 seconds isn't sustainable, and you shouldn't need to do that to beat a mid Oakland Raiders team. What Kyler needs to learn is that sometimes a six-yard play is just fine on first and 10, and pick his spots when he decides to go superman.
Maybe not harder, but the good to great QBs have a tendency to get more out of players than the average guys do.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Maybe not harder, but the good to great QBs have a tendency to get more out of players than the average guys do.
I think that’s 80% mechanical — great QBs have elite ball placement, decision-making, and anticipation — and 20% communication, most of which is done in training camp and practices during the week.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Nonsense! Many, many, great plays & a few bad plays. That has been the NFL career of Murray. All behind poor protection, poor weapons, poor depth and absolute garbage coaching on both sides of the ball. And I never said he was perfect. NO QB in the NFL is.

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

If wins don't come with those actions, his position needs to be addressed.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Nonsense! Many, many, great plays & a few bad plays. That has been the NFL career of Murray. All behind poor protection, poor weapons, poor depth and absolute garbage coaching on both sides of the ball. And I never said he was perfect. NO QB in the NFL is.
The great Mahomes just threw an ill-advised interception that resulted in 7 points for the Jets. So yes, no QB in the NFL is perfect.