Most exciting offseason ever??

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Suns appear set until they decide they aren't. The off season went by in a blur.

About all I have to look forward to, in regard to player personnel moves, is filling two-way contracts and trade exceptions.

I can get excited about a two-way player, like I did Saban Lee.

Ishbia seems to feel the same way....

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Talk about extremes. The off season and even midseason trade deadlines have been so anticlamitic and we got used to it. Now this season. I am exhausted. LOL.

I'm exhausted but still wanting more. I'm anxious to see who the Suns sign to a two-way contract.

Contrast this to last season when the Suns didn't trade Jae Crowder until the trade deadline.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I think we have 2 two year deals left. I see it reported as one, but Saben Lee is the only person on the squad I know that has one. So potentially we can get two developmental guys in here. The reason Bol Bol couldn't be on one is he's over the four year mark in his career and doesn't qualify. We had to give him a regular slot.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think we have 2 two year deals left. I see it reported as one, but Saben Lee is the only person on the squad I know that has one. So potentially we can get two developmental guys in here. The reason Bol Bol couldn't be on one is he's over the four year mark in his career and doesn't qualify. We had to give him a regular slot.

Shh. Don't tell anyone I have put Ish in a two-way roster spot. :)

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Shh. Don't tell anyone I have put Ish in a two-way roster spot. :)
I could have sworn him signing his contract on a basketball stanchion before a game, was a regular contract, thus his availability in the playoffs. :shrug:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I could have sworn him signing his contract on a basketball stanchion before a game, was a regular contract, thus his availability in the playoffs. :shrug:

Spotrac still shows Ish's contract as non guaranteed. I'm running with it.

The way the Suns make moves, they may never miss him.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Spotrac still shows Ish's contract as non guaranteed. I'm running with it.

The way the Suns make moves, they may never miss him.

It is non-guaranteed, technically partially guaranteed. Thought you meant two-way. My bad. His contract will be fully guaranteed some time in January if he's still. on the team.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is non-guaranteed, technically partially guaranteed. Thought you meant two-way. My bad. His contract will be fully guaranteed some time in January if he's still. on the team.

Yeah, that pretty much covers it.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
So we have two slots for 2 way contracts left. I see we aren't jumping on Summer League talent yet. Maybe we are scouting around for opportunities. Hale looked good. Jemison has the body. I wonder what Suns will do here. It's not like Ishbia is SAVING money! LOL!

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So we have two slots for 2 way contracts left. I see we aren't jumping on Summer League talent yet. Maybe we are scouting around for opportunities. Hale looked good. Jemison has the body. I wonder what Suns will do here. It's not like Ishbia is SAVING money! LOL!

The Suns will have so many players to look at from the summer leagues and those that get waived.

Hunter Hale was impressive with his shooting. I never noticed Eugene German until the last game. Wow. He was fast.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I liked Sherfield, Usher, Hale and Jamison.

They all had their moments. If I had to pick only one, it would probably be Hale.

The summer Suns seemed to play well with Jemison on the court. He was a glue guy and has good size.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well. August is coming. The most boring month of the basketball year. Time to sign off and see you in September.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
They all had their moments. If I had to pick only one, it would probably be Hale.

The summer Suns seemed to play well with Jemison on the court. He was a glue guy and has good size.
I agree, I think Hale was the best, followed by Usher.