Most exciting offseason ever??

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You do know that book and doncic average within 2 shots per game of each other for their careers, right?

I think there is a lot of merit to the idea that Dallas is going to struggle to find guys to play with Doncic. He is probably the biggest ball hog in the sport, leading the league in usage over the last 3 years. When the ball isn't in his hands he just chills about 4 feet beyond the 3 point line and just watches the proceedings. On defense he makes very little effort and shows up his teammates for defensive mistakes that are often of his own making. He shows up his teammates a lot on both ends, openly berating guys while also not accepting accountability.

There hasn't been one peep about a star trying to force their way to Dallas or guys waxing poetic about wanting to play with him like we've seen with just about every other star in the league. Instead we saw Dallas lose their 2nd best player in free agency and then hey had to overpay to keep Kyrie because they seemed to think he would actually consider taking the minimum elsewhere if they didn't.

We've seen it happen before with big stars, the Lakers really struggled to find star caliber players who wanted to be Kobe's teammate... and he'd won titles.

I think the Kyrie thing is going to blow up in their face and Luka is going to force a trade next summer... probably to Brooklyn or New York.

OP
OP
Germz249

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I think there is a lot of merit to the idea that Dallas is going to struggle to find guys to play with Doncic. He is probably the biggest ball hog in the sport, leading the league in usage over the last 3 years. When the ball isn't in his hands he just chills about 4 feet beyond the 3 point line and just watches the proceedings. On defense he makes very little effort and shows up his teammates for defensive mistakes that are often of his own making. He shows up his teammates a lot on both ends, openly berating guys while also not accepting accountability.

There hasn't been one peep about a star trying to force their way to Dallas or guys waxing poetic about wanting to play with him like we've seen with just about every other star in the league. Instead we saw Dallas lose their 2nd best player in free agency and then hey had to overpay to keep Kyrie because they seemed to think he would actually consider taking the minimum elsewhere if they didn't.

We've seen it happen before with big stars, the Lakers really struggled to find star caliber players who wanted to be Kobe's teammate... and he'd won titles.

I think the Kyrie thing is going to blow up in their face and Luka is going to force a trade next summer... probably to Brooklyn or New York.

I remember Gambo talking about a scout he got info from and it basically describes how Luka is now. Very immature and such.. the Luka fan boys and people laughed it off like its not true but that guy is not a leader at all.

He has to have the ball in his hands and does a good job offensively but does nothing in terms of making his team better. The media doesn’t hold him accountable like other players. When crap goes down hill its Lebron's fault or Booker didn’t show up game 7.. etc.. With Luka when they don’t make the playoffs or get bounced the narrative is always he doesn’t have talent around him or no one shows up or its Kyrie's fault.. its always a free pass for him.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Frankly, all four of the first picks have disappointed IMO. Ayton, Bagley, Doncic, and Trae. It's just that Doncic looks better.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Frankly, all four of the first picks have disappointed IMO. Ayton, Bagley, Doncic, and Trae. It's just that Doncic looks better.

Bagley is a true bust, especially in comparison to the rest of those guys. The other ones all got max deals and have been important contributors on teams that made deep playoff runs. Bagley meanwhile was given away before his rookie contract was up, is paid 12 mil a year right now and his contract is considered a huge mistake.

These other guys, even if they plateau, will have long productive careers, Bagley is basically a poor man's Morris bro with bad defense.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Exactly - and I can't stand Luka - but thankfully Dallas has had their heads up their asses since drafting him - they keep gambling to make him happy but the gambles never fit
Seems other players want to play with Book, not so much with Doncic. So who would you rather have on your team?

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Rest? Really? What kinda work has been doing? Hangover in Vegas?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rest? Really? What kinda work has been doing? Hangover in Vegas?

Toumani Camara has started fresh the past couple of games but seemed to tire later in the games.

I think it's a good idea. He is the type of player that pushes himself.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Luka is a goober. I couldn't watch games if he was on my team. He gets mad runs up to someone and stands there smiling. Gah! makes me cringe every time.
With his little Tic Tac teeth.
Like the tickle "fight" with Booker in the playoffs, smiling like a giant goober.

Last edited:

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Is this a trick question
Not at all. Ask any fan around the league and they will tell you that Luka is a superstar and Booker is a star. I would not trade Booker for Luka straight up. Curious if others feel the same way.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Not at all. Ask any fan around the league and they will tell you that Luka is a superstar and Booker is a star. I would not trade Booker for Luka straight up. Curious if others feel the same way.
Yeah but I'm a Suns man - a Booker fan - and I like team ball

Last edited:
OP
OP
Germz249

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Only people I have heard who says Luka is a superstar is Mavs fan and Luka fans. Most I seen from people who were fans of other teams thinks he is a ball hog scoring machine. These other fans also think Booker is a empty stat guy.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Only people I have heard who says Luka is a superstar is Mavs fan and Luka fans. Most I seen from people who were fans of other teams thinks he is a ball hog scoring machine. These other fans also think Booker is a empty stat guy.
Like it or not, Luka IS a superstar. No question about it. Those kind of labels are about two things: Perception and money.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Toumani Camara has started fresh the past couple of games but seemed to tire later in the games.

I think it's a good idea. He is the type of player that pushes himself.
Give me a break. 2 games and he needs rest? Did you forget the regular season schedule.

If they didn't want to risk injury and see more of some other guys they should just say so.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
?? He's finished in the top eight of league MVP voting each of the last four years.
And he pretty much singlehandedly destroyed our 64 win team in the playoffs two years ago to get his team to the WCF.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Give me a break. 2 games and he needs rest? Did you forget the regular season schedule.

If they didn't want to risk injury and see more of some other guys they should just say so.

I'm basing my opinion on observation. I have watched all three games. After the first summer league game, Toumani seemed to show signs of fatigue in the 2nd half of the next two games.

It was like he needed more breathers to get his legs back under him. The thought occurred to me, he may have been playing too much basketball heading into games.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score

I watched the game later on. They said he had not been playing much ball before the draft, and was sore after the two games. Heck, he looked winded after that first quarter in the second game and pretty much played half speed the rest of the game. I think the staff could see he was dragging, too.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Germz249

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Ah, you meant just fans, got it. Doncic is extremely dislikable, so yes, I can believe that fans of other teams have a tendency to diminish his standing.

Lol all good. The media loves him. Just from what I observed reading comments on twitter and such. Superstars will always have fans that follow them. The 3 superstars that fans in general dislike is Lebron, Kyrie and Luka. KD somewhat but not on the top of the list like those three. Everyone thinks Pay Bev is trash and doesn’t belong in the NBA. AD and Kawhi are not as liked cause they are always injured and can't be reliable.

D Book is not hated or loved.. only Luka fan club and Mavs seem to hate D Book for some reason. Their win in game 7 against the Suns was like their Championship game they hang their hats on.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And he pretty much singlehandedly destroyed our 64 win team in the playoffs two years ago to get his team to the WCF.
One of the biggest knocks on him besides the cry baby antics is he is never in peak shape. Evidently this off-season he has slimmed down and gotten into really good shape for the first time in his career. So we likely got beat by an inferior Luka to boot.

He is a superstar.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lol all good. The media loves him. Just from what I observed reading comments on twitter and such. Superstars will always have fans that follow them. The 3 superstars that fans in general dislike is Lebron, Kyrie and Luka. KD somewhat but not on the top of the list like those three. Everyone thinks Pay Bev is trash and doesn’t belong in the NBA. AD and Kawhi are not as liked cause they are always injured and can't be reliable.

D Book is not hated or loved.. only Luka fan club and Mavs seem to hate D Book for some reason. Their win in game 7 against the Suns was like their Championship game they hang their hats on.
I think you’ve got suns blinders on. Opposing fans hate Booker.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score

I see a lot of Dbook hate by Celtics fans, who are mostly ignored by Phoenix fans, LOL!