Most exciting offseason ever??

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One of the biggest knocks on him besides the cry baby antics is he is never in peak shape. Evidently this off-season he has slimmed down and gotten into really good shape for the first time in his career. So we likely got beat by an inferior Luka to boot.

He is a superstar.
Yeah. It’s weird to claim otherwise. The Mavs were in no man’s land for years and within two years, Luka pretty much singlehandedly got them into the playoffs, and then the WCF by year 5 when the only other very good player they had was Brunson… who the Mavs totally Joe Johnson’d and screwed up their team this year.

OP
OP
Germz249

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I think you’ve got suns blinders on. Opposing fans hate Booker.

I don’t think I do. Outside of calling him a empty stat guy they really have nothing bad to say about his game. Only negatives is like off court stuff. I haven't seen it in terms of his on court.

Not saying you’re wrong. Maybe I just never noticed it.

Fumats20

Veteran
Reaction score
Luka is a goober. I couldn't watch games if he was on my team. He gets mad runs up to someone and stands there smiling. Gah! makes me cringe every time.
With his little Tic Tac teeth.
Like the tickle "fight" with Booker in the playoffs, smiling like a giant goober.

I am dead. LMAO. Jesus take the wheel.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I've never notice. Not saying you’re wrong but I haven’t seen it.
Seems to be an undercurrent of Book being empty stats guy, and Tatum not getting the same respect as Booker. The reddit posts I have seen, they compare Tatum's stats to Booker's specifically, and the theme is always, look how much better our guy is. I feel like they think Book is getting too much respect in the NBA and Tatum not enough. That's funny because most PHX people I think feel Book is under valued. I have seen ESPN shows touting Book lately. Seems like they are starting to give him a "little" props for improving his defense. A lot of backhand, he's still not going to be a shut down defender, but now he's willing.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Germz249

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Seems to be an undercurrent of Book being empty stats guy, and Tatum not getting the same respect as Booker. The reddit posts I have seen, they compare Tatum's stats to Booker's specifically, and the theme is always, look how much better our guy is. I feel like they think Book is getting too much respect in the NBA and Tatum not enough. That's funny because most PHX people I think feel Book is under valued. I have seen ESPN shows touting Book lately. Seems like they are staring to give him a "little" props for improving his defense. A lot of backhand, he's still not going to be a shut down defender, but now he's willing.

I am not saying one deserves more respect than the other but seems like everyone has Tatum above Booker.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I am not saying one deserves more respect than the other but seems like everyone has Tatum above Booker.
Boston fans for whatever reason feel slighted by Booker. The only thing I know he ever did was put up 70 on their team, and they are really upset by that still. Me, If Tatum hung up 70 on the Suns in a regular season game, I would be like, good for him. I guess I am not as rabid as some of the fans in the Celtic fanbase.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Boston fans for whatever reason feel slighted by Booker. The only thing I know he ever did was put up 70 on their team, and they are really upset by that still. Me, If Tatum hung up 70 on the Suns in a regular season game, I would be like, good for him. I guess I am not as rabid as some of the fans in the Celtic fanbase.
And the Suns actually lost that game and Boston fans in the arena were cheering for him to get the 70.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah, in reddit, as soon as they know you are a Suns fan, they go right to that game. LOL.

To be fair, Reddit fans can get petty. Definitely more so than your average fan. They like claiming "At least we're not Twitter" but Reddit can be a real echo chamber of ignorance.

Last edited:

Fumats20

Veteran
Reaction score
Luka is a goober. I couldn't watch games if he was on my team. He gets mad runs up to someone and stands there smiling. Gah! makes me cringe every time.
With his little Tic Tac teeth.
Like the tickle "fight" with Booker in the playoffs, smiling like a giant goober.

Man, you gotta stop. This is the second time you did this to me. I'm still laughing days later. Everytime I get to Tic Tac teeth it's over...I'm no good for a at least an hour.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I swear.. this new ownership has done more in the last few months than all the years under the previous bum.. even if it doesn’t work out..
He has done a lot. And it does not look like a disaster like so many summers did under McDonough and Sarver. We tanked constantly. This owner is determined to build in ways other than the draft. We will see how it works.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
He has done a lot. And it does not look like a disaster like so many summers did under McDonough and Sarver. We tanked constantly. This owner is determined to build in ways other than the draft. We will see how it works.
We really lucked out with Ishbia. Might be the pickup of the century.

No chance in hell any of the other guys wanting to buy this team could/would do what Ishbia has done.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I struggled with the word to use for this off season, and it is a simple one, BUSY. This is the most BUSY offseason I ever remember for the Suns!

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Most exciting offseason imo just for the fact it seems like we changed the whole team and coaching staff except a handful of guys. Shoot who’s left from the finals team Book and Ayton? Maybe I’m missing someone but can’t think of them. most exciting just because I can’t wait for BB to start again I mean can’t wait! What is this team with a whole new coaching staff and players gonna do? It seems they have a very specific plan and got players for it so looking forward to what that’s gonna look like!

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Crazy thing is, when we got beat by Dallas they said that was 14 months ago, since then changed owners, changed coaches, and only 2 guys left from 2021 playoffs! This all happened REALLY quickly!

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Most exciting offseason imo just for the fact it seems like we changed the whole team and coaching staff except a handful of guys. Shoot who’s left from the finals team Book and Ayton? Maybe I’m missing someone but can’t think of them. most exciting just because I can’t wait for BB to start again I mean can’t wait! What is this team with a whole new coaching staff and players gonna do? It seems they have a very specific plan and got players for it so looking forward to what that’s gonna look like!
The only two players remaining from the 2021 NBA Finals team are Booker and Ayton. Gambo said this yesterday on the local sports radio. Huge turnover.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The only two players remaining from the 2021 NBA Finals team are Booker and Ayton. Gambo said this yesterday on the local sports radio. Huge turnover.
If you had told me, looking back that this team would have a not only a new but aggressive owner pulling off huge moves and the roster would be completely rebuilt at that time?

I would have thought you were crazy.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I struggled with the word to use for this off season, and it is a simple one, BUSY. This is the most BUSY offseason I ever remember for the Suns!

The Suns appear set until they decide they aren't. The off season went by in a blur.

About all I have to look forward to, in regard to player personnel moves, is filling two-way contracts and trade exceptions.

I can get excited about a two-way player, like I did Saban Lee.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns appear set until they decide they aren't. The off season went by in a blur.

About all I have to look forward to, in regard to player personnel moves, is filling two-way contracts and trade exceptions.

I can get excited about a two-way player, like I did Saban Lee.
The past few years have been an excerscise in extremes. The off season and even midseason trade deadlines have been so anticlamitic and we got used to it. Now this season or since Ishbia took over? The opposite. I am exhausted. LOL.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson