OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Interesting article on Gannon by ESPN.

Gannon

One of many things I like about Gannon is that he's so well connected.

He seems to be a guy that knows who's who in the coaching world.

The coaching hires he made from all corners of the football world felt like he cherry picked guys he heard great things about.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The answer is that both hold blame. Kliffs scheme worked when players weren't checked out. Once the team hit some adversity and play fell off, there was no accountability for mistakes. That includes Kyler too.

The Kyler apologists can't explain away how many errant deep passes he threw. Statistically he was amongst the worst deep passers in the league. That was uncharacteristic of his career so far, but that's on Kyler to complete those passes. One could argue if he had completed those passes at his career average, the Cardinals absolutely win more. This also isn't accounting for all of the open receivers he wasn't seeing either.
We generally don’t disagree on much, but we’ll have to agree to disagree in regards to Murray. QB’s that statistically are phenomenal throwing the long ball just don’t forget how to do that. And Murray has ALWAYS been phenomenal in that area. All I’ll say is that Murray ALONE had to overcome all the garbage that was put on his plate by the previous administration. Even with absolute trash to support him both on the field and on the sideline he did win 4 games, and after he got hurt, we won 0. Be prepared to eat a bucket of crow, not just a plate as so many Murray detractors have had to do since 2019.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
The answer is that both hold blame. Kliffs scheme worked when players weren't checked out. Once the team hit some adversity and play fell off, there was no accountability for mistakes. That includes Kyler too.

The Kyler apologists can't explain away how many errant deep passes he threw. Statistically he was amongst the worst deep passers in the league. That was uncharacteristic of his career so far, but that's on Kyler to complete those passes. One could argue if he had completed those passes at his career average, the Cardinals absolutely win more. This also isn't accounting for all of the open receivers he wasn't seeing either.
Give it up for a lost cause, my man.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
No Kliff didn't use motion much at all. Still doesn't change the fact that Murray has plenty of blame on himself for his poor play.
The usual suspects twisting the post.., don’t believe I mentioned anything of kyler yet the usual suspects decided to bring him in the convo, down vote my post and prop each other up. So laughable and predictable

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know Murray can be very good. In fact he may be great.
Whether it was media, Kliff, talent , play calling or whatever, Kyler pissed me off when he started scrubbing media pages and coming across as entitled.
I also understand that busting your ass for a losing cause, not believing in a failing system and locker rooms that have checked out can really hurt your attitude.
Kyler seems to have turned it around. It appears he’s bought in. I so want him to be the guy. If he is this franchise could turn around in a big hurry.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Coler me jaded. I'm still not on the bandwagon. I will however be the first to give Gannon and MO credit for the turnaround in culture. This is a different feel than any of KK's years already, but I'm not ready to scream "That's my coach" to the rafters yet. I support him fully as I have no choice but I'm not there yet.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
The usual suspects twisting the post.., don’t believe I mentioned anything of kyler yet the usual suspects decided to bring him in the convo, down vote my post and prop each other up. So laughable and predictable
No reason to be so nasty in your post. I know you have a shrine to Kyler in your house and I'm hurting your feelings biggly when I criticize Kyler, a player I really like.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
No reason to be so nasty in your post. I know you have a shrine to Kyler in your house and I'm hurting your feelings biggly when I criticize Kyler, a player I really like.
And again attacking by the usual suspects rather than admitting kyler was never even brought up until they brought them in. Just so laughable.

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Kyler is 100% linked to last year's failures.
Yeah, but I think Kliffs biggest failure as a coach is failing to hold his players, especially Kyler, accountable for poor play. His scheme, despite lack of motion/under center, worked great for 1.75 years. I think the real decline last year came from consistent failure to hold players accountable for bad habits. It takes a lot of effort to succeed in the NFL and every player needs a coach to correct them when adversity/complacency takes the fire out of their gut.

I expect Kyler to have new energy when he takes the field this year.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
But we still had to cast a wide net to catch him. :)
yeah..a wide net is crucial... but you have to cast it out there really far...wide, and far...
but the thing with nets see,... the important thing ...its the mesh...the mesh has to be fine ya see...otherwise it dont matter how wide it is...or even how far you cast it...its that fine net mesh,...when cast far and wide... THAT is what gets you a great catch!

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agree 100%. I called this from day 1 mainly because I live in Eagle country & have followed him for 2 years. The Eagles had a trash D when he started there & their locker room was not a cohesive one. Fletcher Cox didn’t initially buy in and it took half of 2021 for that Eagles team to start to gel. I understand that JG wasn’t the HC, but he did more with that D with less that first season. And then in 2022, with a little more talent on the defensive side of the ball, that team came to fruition.

But, none of this happens if Bidwill didn’t FINALLY realize he needed to go outside this hapless franchise and hire Monti. Having spent time at NE & TN, Monti knows the significance of PROCESS & culture to build sustainable success. It’s early on, but Michael’s decision is probably the best decision this family has made in my lifetime as a fan. I get criticized for even mentioning it, but yes, that’s 60 years as a fan.
When I saw that 60 years as a fan, it got me thinking. I started rooting for this team in 1962. I've got 60 years in also. Not sure if I'm a loyal fan or a masochist.

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
When I saw that 60 years as a fan, it got me thinking. I started rooting for this team in 1962. I've got 60 years in also. Not sure if I'm a loyal fan or a masochist.
Probably a little of both.....maybe 60-40 towards masochist lol

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Maybe Kyler played poorly last year on purpose to get KK & SK fired? :shrug:

:)

As in he personally tanked for Gannon? :)

I floated that idea a few weeks ago but was told to resume taking my meds. lol.. seems like a stretch but I see where you're coming from. Murray's performance last year was such an outlier for his career that it makes you wonder.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Both!! I have such respect for fans like you and PA. I've only been a fan for 45 years and it's certainly been a labor of love. A Super Bowl is all I ask of the man above. If Gannon delivers, I'll personally write an apology letter to him for everything disparaging I've ever said about him.