I've never had more hope for a HC and staff

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I've been impressed by Gannon from day 1. He's always had something about him and I was confident he was going to be good long term, but he's exceeded my expectations already.

What he is doing with what is essentially a backup team is amazing. Every starting team has players of different levels, you can't put out 22 All Pros. On the Eagles Kyzir White was one of the less talented guys. A role player. A journeyman that could do a job within the scheme. On this team he's probably the best guy on defense.

The D line on Sunday for a bunch of snaps was Gardeck, Ledbetter, Stille, Thomas. Safeties were Chachere and Wallace. Guys like Kris Barnes couldn't make the Packers.

What Gannon, Rallis and Petzing are doing with bottom 3rd buys starting at most positions is nothing less than miraculous. On paper this team should have lost every game by double digits. Instead we have a +5 point differential (13th). We have twice as many minutes leading than being behind and are two plays away from being 3-0.

When BA was here I knew it was short term, the guys was already 60 but Gannon and this young staff have a bright future.

It's early days but from what I have seen so far of how organised, well coached and motivated the team is, and how it's performing way beyond it's talent level, I don't think I've every felt more hopeful in a staff. May it continue for 20 years.

Last edited:
OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Heads up to all the assistants too. Gannon hiring a bunch of inexperienced guys from college got a lot of flak but how wrong we were. I was dubious myself.

Guys like Autry Denson who were working in school administration after being a failed minor school head coach I was highly dubious of but our run game has been fire.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
To put it quite simply, I also had confidence in this hire starting with the initial press conference. All the talk of building a winning culture throughout the locker room & even beyond was very welcomed by me. At the end of the day we had no where to go but up from the previous regime. I can only imagine how good this staff will be with a whole team of talented players.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I've been impressed by Gannon from day 1. He's always had something about him and I was confident he was going to be good long term, but he's exceeded my expectations already.

What he is doing with what is essentially a backup team is amazing. Every starting team has players of different levels, you can't put out 22 All Pros. On the Eagles Kyzir White was one of the less talented guys. A role player. A journeyman that could do a job within the scheme. On this team he's probably the best guy on defense.

The D line on Sunday for a bunch of snaps was Gardeck, Ledbetter, Stille, Thomas. Safeties were Chachere and Wallace. Guys like Kris Barnes couldn't make the Packers.

What Gannon, Rallis and Petzing are doing with bottom 3rd buys starting at most positions is nothing less than miraculous. On paper this team should have lost every game by double digits. Instead we have a +5 point differential (13th). We have twice as many minutes leading than being behind and are two plays away from being 3-0.

When BA was here I knew it was short term, the guys was already 60 but Gannon and this young staff have a bright future.

It's early days but from what I have seen so far of how organised, well coached and motivated the team is, and how it's performing way beyond it's talent level, I don't think I've every felt more hopeful in a staff. May it continue for 20 years.
I’ll add this, we as fans, might need to adjust our thoughts as to the talent level on this team. I see plenty of talent. Particularly the CB play was sticky and the OL is developing some serious nasty to them. I can’t say enough about the DL looking respectable…

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I’ll add this, we as fans, might need to adjust our thoughts as to the talent level on this team. I see plenty of talent. Particularly the CB play was sticky and the OL is developing some serious nasty to them. I can’t say enough about the DL looking respectable…
Now imagine if we actually have a good DL lol. Can't wait till this staff gets one.

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I said in the off season there was a lot of potential in the roster and some players were being judged on their lowest possible outcomes.

I said recently that coaching is talent and talent is coaching. Good coaching will turn coal into diamonds.

On saying that, you need some talent to mold and it is a roster that is generally lower in talent than most. There are a lot of guys that on other teams probably wouldn't start but the coaching is getting the best out of them.

Last edited:

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Heads up to all the assistants too. Gannon hiring a bunch of inexperienced guys from college got a lot of flak but how wrong we were. I was dubious myself.

Guys like Autry Denson who were working in school administration after being a failed minor school head coach I was highly dubious of but our run game has been fire.
Have to give him credit

Mixed staff, but the results are showing

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I said in the off season there was a lot of potential in the roster and some players were being judged on their lowest possible outcomes.

I said recently that coaching is talent and talent is coaching. Good coaching will turn coal into diamonds.

On saying that, you need some talent to mound and it is a roster that is generally lower in talent than most. There are a lot of guys that on other teams probably wouldn't start but the coaching is getting the best out of them.
This for sure

They re putting them in a position to succeed and the players look like they enjoy playing for this staff

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

On saying that, you need some talent to mound and it is a roster that is generally lower in talent than most. There are a lot of guys that on other teams probably wouldn't start but the coaching is getting the best out of them.
Yep, you do say a lot of things…

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My friend says that JG is his favorite HC that he worked for. Says he is super smart and a great leader. Says that JG's staff and the guys on the roster have really bought into what JG is building here.

He has also worked with Jim Harbaugh who he thought was a total A$$ and hated working for. He liked Kliff but said he was a terrible HC and he told me this while he was coaching with him.

Last edited:

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Coaching matters. Most of us were caught up in the “ glitter offense” we were running. Now we are seeing what an NFL offense needs to do to be efficient. We screens are out. No huddle is out. Actually running the ball on 2nd and 9 is in.

But let’s keep our heads. Down the road, Lack of depth is going to hurt us. Injuries to a couple of positions will cripple us, I.E. Dobbs and Connor. As the game film builds up opponents will adjust. Will we re-adjust?

That being said this team looks different. They’re playing hard. They’re tackling. They are covering closer than anything we’ve seen in the last 4 years. The play calling is so much better. The staff seems so calm and organized on the sidelines.

we will be hard pressed to beat the 49ers. They are primed and coming off a long rest. They have game film now and beating the Cowboys will put them on high alert.

But imagine the narrative if after next Sunday we are 2-2……

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Agree 100%. I called this from day 1 mainly because I live in Eagle country & have followed him for 2 years. The Eagles had a trash D when he started there & their locker room was not a cohesive one. Fletcher Cox didn’t initially buy in and it took half of 2021 for that Eagles team to start to gel. I understand that JG wasn’t the HC, but he did more with that D with less that first season. And then in 2022, with a little more talent on the defensive side of the ball, that team came to fruition.

But, none of this happens if Bidwill didn’t FINALLY realize he needed to go outside this hapless franchise and hire Monti. Having spent time at NE & TN, Monti knows the significance of PROCESS & culture to build sustainable success. It’s early on, but Michael’s decision is probably the best decision this family has made in my lifetime as a fan. I get criticized for even mentioning it, but yes, that’s 60 years as a fan.