What are the chances we beat the Cowboys?

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think Newman would be better off covering Anquan if Fitz is healthy. Isn't Newman kinda short?

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Im dead serious,I keep track of Newman every game, and also on Monday Night Football when we were about to play the Giants a couple of weeks ago, Tirico mentioned that Newman did not allow a TD pass the entire 2005 season. It has been mentioned before by Dr.Z on si.com and by many other sources as well. He also did not have 1 pass interference penalty last season. Newman was drafted in the 2003 draft, and had 4 INT's as a rookie. In 2004 he stepped his game up near the end of the season.

Here are the final 3 games of the 2004 season...

@ PHI- McNabb threw 1 TD pass to Tight End Chad Lewis(Here are Newmans stats from this game
5 att 2 comp 13 yds 0 TD

vs WSH- Ramsey threw 1 TD to Tight End Robert Royal

@ NYG- Manning threw 3 TD's(1 TD to Visanthe Shiancoe- 2 YD TD, 1 TD to David Tyree- 15 yd TD, 1 TD to Tiki Barber- 3 yards) Here are Newmans stats from this game-
6 att 2 comp 23 yds 0 TD
courtesy of KC Joyner, espn insider.

Those were the final 3 games of the 2004 season, and Newman wasnt guarding any of those players that scored.

Here are his stats from this season...

Terence Newman
39 att
16 comp
41% comp. percentage
213 yards
0 TD
1 INT
1 penalty
36 yards
6.4 yards per attempt
THROUGH 8 games

courtesy of ESPN Insider KC Joyner...

Add the final 3 games plus the 16 game season plus this season(8 games) and you get 27 straight games.

Wow I gotta admit that's impressive.

Do that same thing for Rolle and it would be downright frightening, he must have given up 5-6 TD passes this year alone, possibly more.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think Newman would be better off covering Anquan if Fitz is healthy. Isn't Newman kinda short?

They should put him on Johnson or Bergen, they're the keys to our passing attack.

;)

DemDcowboys

Rookie
Reaction score
Wow I gotta admit that's impressive.

Do that same thing for Rolle and it would be downright frightening, he must have given up 5-6 TD passes this year alone, possibly more.

thanx, wow, didnt know Rolle had given up that many. Who is your other CB, can ya fill me in on him.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
thanx, wow, didnt know Rolle had given up that many. Who is your other CB, can ya fill me in on him.

Eric Green is playing the other CB now, he's a bit on the short side but he's played quite well. Last year he couldn't tackle a lick, this year he's nailing people, had several big hits on the Monday night game.

Rolle gave up a TD to moss in the Oak game, he dropped another one against Rolle in the endzone. He gave up 3-4 others this year IIRC. He gave up one to Bryant in the SF game that came back on penalty, was badly beaten in the Bears game but Grossman overthrew it it etc. In general he plays way too far off the WR to avoid getting beat deep, but he's giving up his share of TD's too. I'd say 4 is a safe bet but maybe as many as 5-6.

Edit: I looked it up, we've only allowed 7 TD passes all year so my guess is too high and influenced by the few games Rolle played last year. But I wouldn't be surprised if my guess of 4 were accurate.

Last edited:

DemDcowboys

Rookie
Reaction score
Eric Green is playing the other CB now, he's a bit on the short side but he's played quite well. Last year he couldn't tackle a lick, this year he's nailing people, had several big hits on the Monday night game.

Rolle gave up a TD to moss in the Oak game, he dropped another one against Rolle in the endzone. He gave up 3-4 others this year IIRC. He gave up one to Bryant in the SF game that came back on penalty, was badly beaten in the Bears game but Grossman overthrew it it etc. In general he plays way too far off the WR to avoid getting beat deep, but he's giving up his share of TD's too. I'd say 4 is a safe bet but maybe as many as 5-6.

Edit: I looked it up, we've only allowed 7 TD passes all year so my guess is too high and influenced by the few games Rolle played last year. But I wouldn't be surprised if my guess of 4 were accurate.

DAMN, so i take they arent covering to well this season. Its going to be interesting to see how they match up against two very talented WR in Owens and Glenn.

OP
OP
RugbyMuffin

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Whatever WR has Newman on him, will not score. Newman hasnt allowed a TD in 27 straight games. Henry on the other hand is in a slump, although he does lead the league in pass defends, he is getting picked on alot. As for our WR's, im curious to who will guard them. I know Antrel Rolle will be on TO, but who will be on Glenn? Just curious and tryna gain some info bout the cards!!!

Newman Sucks.

TO - NO. I dropped it. Sucks, and Terry Glenn sucks.

The Cowboys suck as well.

Sorry, I am trying to behave but when I think Cowboys, I think about flying empty beer bottles.

All I know is that your CB's are going to have nightmares about Boldin, and Fitzgerald.

Romo has no idea what he is getting into. The Cardinals defense, when completely healthy, is very hard to figure out. See Rex Grossman.

I wanna say good luck but I really do hate the Cowboys, and everything that goes with them.

Last edited:

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
DAMN, so i take they arent covering to well this season. Its going to be interesting to see how they match up against two very talented WR in Owens and Glenn.

The Cards philosophy is play off and come up and hit hard. Rolle takes it too far he plays WAY off, 10 yard cushions are common from him. Drives us all nuts, every Sunday on the game thread here people are complaining about third down and 8 passes being completed in front of Rolle for a first down because of the cushion he gives. Green doesn't give as much cushion but still does give one.

It's similar to what Denver does, but they don't blitz as much and neither CB gives the cushion that Rolle does. I would hope we'd press cover TO a bit more but Rolle just seems afraid that people can run by him, and it has happened several times already this year.

DemDcowboys

Rookie
Reaction score
Newman Sucks.

TO - NO. I dropped it. Sucks, and Terry Glenn sucks.

The Cowboys suck as well.

Sorry, I am trying to behave but when I think Cowboys, I think about flying empty beer bottles.

All I know is that your CB's are going to have nightmares about Boldin, and Fitzgerald.

Romo has no idea what he is getting into. The Cardinals defense, when completely healthy, is very hard to figure out. See Rex Grossman.

I wanna say good luck but I really do hate the Cowboys, and everything that goes with them.

I really hope this post is a joke....

1)Read the above post i made on Newman, then come talk to me, cant say half that much about your CB's. post #50

2) Owens and Glenn suck? Wow, not even gonna get into that non-sense!!!

3) Cowboys suck, 4-4 beats 1-7 any day, not saying ARI sucks, but.............

4) Our CB's sure didnt have a nightmare guarding Fitz and Boldin last season. Matter a fact, Fitz only had 4 rec for 36 yards, and Boldin had 3 rec for 69 yds and 1 TD, 44 yds came from that 1 TD play. This was against the exact same cornerbacks that we have now, and to top it off, Boldin and Fitz were both at 100% for that game. CB's having nightmares.....I think not!!

5) Romo is gonna have no idea against ARI defense......hmmmmmm. His first start was against a very good Carolina defense, he seemed to play extremely well didnt he?(24-36 270 yds 1 TD 1 INT), His 2nd start he seemed to do the same against a defense that is decent(24-36 284 yds 2 TD 0 INT) Both of these defenses are better than ARI and he seemed to do pretty damn good against both of them, Im pretty sure he is gonna know what he is doing.

I should be the one wishing you good luck, because after a loss like that to WSH on sunday, this team is out for blood, MARK IT DOWN!!!

Young Card

Veteran
Reaction score
You could have said the same thing about Grossman before that Monday. In fact he had better numbers than Romo. Corners will have some trouble as Boldin and Fitz are gold plus we have a better QB throwing to them this year. Glenn is good but Owens may well drop some balls that will cost you. He is overrated. As for Dallas being out for blood… Well, let me tell you something about the Cardinals. We sometimes show up and surprise everyone. This is why we still have fans who after such games feel a glimmer of hope before it’s crushed by a return to mediocrity of failure. Plus, everyone hates the cowboys.

DemDcowboys

Rookie
Reaction score
Grossman has started every game this season. Romo will be making only his 3rd start of his entire career on Sunday. If you want to look at the two games leading up to Chicago's matchup with Arizona, Grossman was 32-58; 55% comp, for 414 yds and 4 TD's. Romo's two games(STARTS) leading up to ARI he was 48-72; 66% comp, for 554 yds 3 TD's and 1 INT.

So in Grossmans two starts leading up to ARI he had more TD's.
In Romo's two starts leading up to ARI, he had a better comp %, and more yards.

And after a loss like that, you can not tell me that Dallas will not be out for blood. For a ref to call a 15 yarder on that face-mask was absurd, and for that to lead to a GW FG for WSH, this team has got to be pissed, they WILL BE OUT FOR BLOOD!!!!!!!

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
DemCowboys, I think you'll be surprised at how competitive this game will be. I'm not saying we win--that's tough to do without any blocking, but the defense is better than you give it credit for, and at home our passing offense should be able to move the ball.

Team G

Big Red Surfer
Reaction score
Who cares....it's an excuse to get out and drink

That is the only safe prediction for Sunday NEZCardsfan!

This game depends on which Cards team will show up:Is it the team that came out and whipped the Bears for 3 quarters or is it the heartless bunch that was embarassed by the Raiders and Packers? Hopefully the players only meeting this week will wake them up. If not, then we are looking at a long second half of the season and the first pick in the draft. They need to play great because this is a big game for Arizona with Tillman's induction into the Ring Of Honor. It would suck to have a crappy effort ruin a great day.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
DemCowboys, I think you'll be surprised at how competitive this game will be. I'm not saying we win--that's tough to do without any blocking, but the defense is better than you give it credit for, and at home our passing offense should be able to move the ball.

The defense will be better simply because they are playing at home.

(I think these amazing stats are correct)

Rushing yards allowed:

Home 288 yards.
Road 748 yards.

OP
OP
RugbyMuffin

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
I really hope this post is a joke....

No it is not. The Cowboys are a joke.
The fact they are called "America's Team" is a joke.
The fact Jerry Jones said" The reason there is a hole in the roof of our stadium is so God can watch his team on Sundays" is a joke
Jerry Jones is a joke, and a disgrace to football.

1)Read the above post i made on Newman, then come talk to me, cant say half that much about your CB's. post #50

I am not talking about our CB's. I am talking about your CB, Newman. He sucks and your post sucks.

2) Owens and Glenn suck? Wow, not even gonna get into that non-sense!!!

Good. Cause we don't want to talk about them on a CARDINALS Message board. Go talk to the rest of the Cowgirl fans about how Glenn and his walker are "torching" the NFL. Then you can talk about TO-NO and his TD celebration.

3) Cowboys suck, 4-4 beats 1-7 any day, not saying ARI sucks, but.............

I never said the Cardinals didn't suck. I said the Cowboys suck. And they do in fact suck.

4) Our CB's sure didnt have a nightmare guarding Fitz and Boldin last season. Matter a fact, Fitz only had 4 rec for 36 yards, and Boldin had 3 rec for 69 yds and 1 TD, 44 yds came from that 1 TD play. This was against the exact same cornerbacks that we have now, and to top it off, Boldin and Fitz were both at 100% for that game. CB's having nightmares.....I think not!!

That was last season.

5) Romo is gonna have no idea against ARI defense......hmmmmmm. His first start was against a very good Carolina defense, he seemed to play extremely well didnt he?(24-36 270 yds 1 TD 1 INT), His 2nd start he seemed to do the same against a defense that is decent(24-36 284 yds 2 TD 0 INT) Both of these defenses are better than ARI and he seemed to do pretty damn good against both of them, Im pretty sure he is gonna know what he is doing.

First off. I think that a 100% healthy Arizona defense is much better than Carolina's, or Washingtons. But I can't expect to for a Cowboys fan to see eye to eye with me, so I really don't care what you have to say about it.

Yeah, our rookie QB looked good in his first 2 games as well. Then he faltered a bit against a 1 win team, and a 2 win team.

Yeah, Romo "lit it up" against the powerhouse Redskins. I am not scared about Romo and his suckyness.

I should be the one wishing you good luck, because after a loss like that to WSH on sunday, this team is out for blood, MARK IT DOWN!!!

I will mark it down....... The Cowboys Suck. There it is down.

I should be wishing that you would just go away because after a loss like that to Washington on Sunday it is clear that the Cowboys suck.

***Disclaimer: I, in no way am speaking for all on this board. I am not showing too much class or hospitality. I apologize to my fellow Cards fans.

I JUST CAN'T HELP IT. I HATE THE COWBOYS.

smarta515o

Reaction score
1st thing is - I would like to say how surprised I am to see there are this many people that actually care about the Cardinals. Thought this was interesting.

2nd thing - Muffin is it? How about you back up all your "suck" comments with actual statistics. I'm not saying you arent a football analysis expert but give us some numbers so we can say where your arguements are coming from. I can make it easy for you... look up the Dallas penalties and penalty yards and use that for your arguement. Dont bother with any scoring, yards per game, TOP, defensive stats though because you will see we are a top the lists in all the major team categories. Eliminate our stupidity somehow and we are a 6-2 team.

In the meantime, enjoy your desert.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
There are a ton of stupid bandwagon Cowboy fans that live in Arizona. These aren't well behaved cowpokes either, imagine trying to watch a football game in a SuperMax prison. I once walked into the Mens room and saw two guys holding another guy beating the crap out of him. I just turned around and walked right out

So there are going to be some hard feelings on anything Cowboy related. It's just the way it is around here

OP
OP
RugbyMuffin

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
1st thing is - I would like to say how surprised I am to see there are this many people that actually care about the Cardinals. Thought this was interesting.

I am surprised how many people care about a sucky team like the Cowboys.

2nd thing - Muffin is it? How about you back up all your "suck" comments with actual statistics. I'm not saying you arent a football analysis expert but give us some numbers so we can say where your arguements are coming from. I can make it easy for you... look up the Dallas penalties and penalty yards and use that for your arguement. Dont bother with any scoring, yards per game, TOP, defensive stats though because you will see we are a top the lists in all the major team categories. Eliminate our stupidity somehow and we are a 6-2 team.

Waah, we should be 6-2, waah.

Yeah, eliminate the Cardinals stupidity and we are 6-2. But we are not. The Cardinals are 1-7 and the Cowbums are 4-4.

You are a .500 team so deal with it. Would'a, could'a, should'a amount to jack squat.

You want statistics? WHY? I am not going to waste my time trying to prove anything to Cowgirl fans. I don't have enough time to draw the pictures so you guys would understand.

Finally I don't need to have statistics to prove to Cardinals fans that the Cowturds suck.

And by the way, you are from Texas. How does enjoy the desert apply? Texas is as big of a dust bowl as Arizona. At least in Arizona they know what a blinker on a car is, and how to use them.

DemDcowboys

Rookie
Reaction score
No it is not. The Cowboys are a joke. :lame:
The fact they are called "America's Team" is a joke.
The fact Jerry Jones said" The reason there is a hole in the roof of our stadium is so God can watch his team on Sundays" is a joke
Jerry Jones is a joke, and a disgrace to football.

Jerry is a joke huh, so i guess his SUPER BOWL RINGS, are jokes to. LMFAO. A disgrace to football, HUH?!?! hahahahahahahaha:biglaugh:

I am not talking about our CB's. I am talking about your CB, Newman. He sucks and your post sucks.

tisk tisk tisk, you wouldnt recognize talent if it hit you in the face. Newman is one of the best cover corners in this league. Having not allowed a TD in 27 straight games is quite a streak in this league(read post 50, and recongnize!!!). Im not even gonna get into this argument again, because it is clear that there are just some who know football, and some who dont, and by the illogical statements, and the vagueness of your posts, well.............

I never said the Cardinals didn't suck. I said the Cowboys suck. And they do in fact suck.

What is your definition of sucking?

First off. I think that a 100% healthy Arizona defense is much better than Carolina's, or Washingtons.:hairraise But I can't expect to for a Cowboys fan to see eye to eye with me, so I really don't care what you have to say about it.

Put down the pipe, please.... Not only is Carolina's D Line better than yours, but so are their CB's and LB's, point blank. You will never convice me that your DL is better than theirs because Kris Jenkins, Julius Peppers, and Mike Rucker are three of the top players at their positions in the league, cant say that much about your DL(besides Bertrand Berry) Washingtons defense sucks this season, but for the past 2 seasons that Gregg Williams has been there DC, they have had a top 10 defense each season(#9 in 2005, #3 in 2004)

Yeah, our rookie QB looked good in his first 2 games as well. Then he faltered a bit against a 1 win team, and a 2 win team.

Difference between Leinart and Romo, Leinart is a rookie, Romo has had 4 years to learn the system, which means he does not have to learn as much. He can also prepare better because he already knows the system.

Yeah, Romo "lit it up" against the powerhouse Redskins. I am not scared about Romo and his suckyness.

Suckyness......is that even a word?!?! Dont hate because he is playing well.

I should be wishing that you would just go away because after a loss like that to Washington on Sunday it is clear that the Cowboys suck.

HAHAHA, yep a 3 point loss means you suck, hahaha. I guess the Bears suck because they lost right....I guess New England sucks because they lost right... I guess Atlanta sucks because they lost....
Once again, another illogical statement, with no material, statistics OR ANYTHING to back up your post.

Sunday is only 4 days away......

OP
OP
RugbyMuffin

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
***edit wrong forum.

agreed.

This thread is useless anyway. It smells bad, and was intended for my fellow cards fans not to be stunk up by Cowturds.

Just because they are on it this thread sucks.

BTW - Leave it to a Cowturd player or fan to bring up pipes.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
TO gets two scores, JJ runs for one. One FG and they get 24 points.

Matt gets a score to Fitz, a score to Boldin and Pope finds the endzone. Rackers misses a FG, but Edge punches one in late in the game for a 28-24 cardinal win.

That's if they actually show up.

Fitz back will do a world of wonders for this offense...a TON. We get this one, but I don't think it is a sign of things to come...we'll lose at least 5 games in the second half as Denny packs his bags.

NEZCardsfan

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

I think Rugby lives in Jersey or something. But HELL....I'm enjoying the desert. It freaking rules out here!! All year golf....great lookin' chicks....ATVs, lakes, camping.

Lots of people like it out here. 2nd fastest growing city in the US. Unlike Dallas....where people try to escape....cuz it smells like JR Ewing's ASS!!

OP
OP
RugbyMuffin

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
I thought about it all night.

And still came to the conclusion that the Cowboys suck.

Badly at that.