What are the chances we beat the Cowboys?

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
I hope after the bye this team can gives us one more "Bears type performance" and beat the Cowboys.

I HATE THE COWBOYS.

Aren't they a RIVAL ? Am I missing something here ?

If we are rivals then send a letter to the team, or the club, or the owners. Cause they don't seem to know.

I hate the Cowboys.
:mad:

OP
OP
RugbyMuffin

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
What we got going for us:

1. Healthy players - Almost everyone will be healthy for this game against the Cowboys.

2. Fitzgerald is back.

3. Milford Brown is back. Lewinski is the weak link on the line. Brown will at least improve the line a small bit

Against us:

1. We are the Arizona Cardinals.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I have conditioned myself to always have hope.

What does my sane side have to say?

Do I expect the valley of the Sun to freeze over? ZERO CHANCE.

Even with our players back, we are not very good at playing the game of football.

Repeat Chicago performance? WE LOST THE GAME! Can we not get it.

We are the worse team in the league. I have come to speculate, we played some close games not because we rose to the occasion, but because the other teams had a bad game.

But, "On any given Sunday is why I continue to watch".

I will be returning from Frankfurt Main, Germany in time for the game. I'm so looking forward to seeing if me being away from the valley has somehow jinxed the team. Come to think of it, they were 1-2 when I left. Scratch that ray of hope.

The thing that keeps bugging me is Berry's comments about some of the players. It sounds like this team's problem is chemistry based. Add to that inept coaching, things are not looking so good. Now that I think of it, could it be our young players being successful too quickly in their careers?

Dockett, Fitz, Boldin, Wilson, Dansby, Hayes, Rolle and others have had early success given adequate playing time. Sorry I'm rambling...

Cowboys 34 - 10. Third blowout of the season.

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
This team has given up on the season and the coaching staff.

What part of this is difficult to understand... I will be shocked if we win another game or two.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
This team has given up on the season and the coaching staff.

What part of this is difficult to understand... I will be shocked if we win another game or two.

That was so obvious last week in Green Bay. There was very little emotion on the sideline and players just didn't go anywhere near Green between series.

sly fly

Devil Me This
Reaction score
About the same chance of the Cardinals beating BYE this week.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Cards will keep it close but still lose. Cowboys are not that good and Cards will play good at home.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Maybe TO will fall asleep during the game like he does in team meetings.

The Cards always have a chance to win at home and have won the last 4 home games against the Cowboys.

Maybe it'll be the opposite of 2002 when the Cards beat Dallas 9-6 and then proceeded to lose six in a row. This year we'll end a losing streak by beating them again.

The key for me will be getting Clancy back. The defensive line was pitiful against Green Bay. The Packers ran all over them even when the Cards were using a 5 man front.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Aren't they a RIVAL ? Am I missing something here ?

If we are rivals then send a letter to the team, or the club, or the owners. Cause they don't seem to know.

:mad:

To the Cardinals, the Cowboys are a rival...but, to the Cowboys, the Cardinals are just another team...even when they were both in the same division.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
When are you guys going to figure it out. We ALWAYS play well at home. It'll be a close game & take the points. We are the MOST abysmal road team in the league & have been for many years. You can always count on us having a chance to win while at home (but of course, we figure out a way to lose close games, see Rams, Bears, KC). For this franchise to have any success, they have to figure out how to even be competetive on the road. Denny will be fired because of how inept our road record is. Our next coach will need to have a bachground that indicates he has the ability to prepare a team for raod games.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Cowboys are playing for something and haven't given up on themselves or their coaches.

Cardinals have nothing to play for (sorry don't buy the pride argument since every week they should be playing for pride) and have given up on their coaches.

the math says a 45-10 Cowboys romp.

The optimist says 24-21 Cardinals win.

I figure Cowboys 31 Cardinals 17 and the Cards are within 1 TD until a late Leinart INT.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
This is the game that solidifies Romo as the new star QB of the Cowboys. Jones and Barber will each rush for over 100 yards. T.O. will abuse Rolle...
And Matt will once again see much of this game through he earhole... It won't be pretty...

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Cowboys are playing for something and haven't given up on themselves or their coaches.

Cardinals have nothing to play for (sorry don't buy the pride argument since every week they should be playing for pride) and have given up on their coaches.

the math says a 45-10 Cowboys romp.

The optimist says 24-21 Cardinals win.

I figure Cowboys 31 Cardinals 17 and the Cards are within 1 TD until a late Leinart INT.

Exactly what math would indicate we will lose 45-10. There's no evidence whatsoever that would lead me to believe that this game will be a rout. I was one of about 3 guys on this board that said the Cardinals would give the Bears a run for their money. You could go back to Tobin, McGinnis & now Green. Even when the Cardinals have quit, they still manage to be competetive at home. It's on the road that they get throttled. This will be another close game that could go either way. The Cardinals will have a shot to win this game outright, but we generally know how that turns out (Unless of course, there's a franchise QB staring us in the face should we lose, like P Manning or E Manning).

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
To me this is an easy bet. No matter how it gets done, the Cards will win this one. This will be one of the few games that I will get to enjoy this year.

Goodyear Card

Link Guy
Reaction score
this is my upset special of the week. Fritz being out had a large impact of the the offensive. The defensive was down last week. We can win this game. We will win this game. Never quit. Never surrender.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
This is a gut check for anyone who puts on a Cardinal uniform.

This is Dallas, this is the team that drags drooling throngs of front running band wagon blue star wearing mouth breathers along to our home games.

If the players have a shred of pride, they'll show up for this game and it'll be competitive, if not we lose by a mile.

Codeofhammurabi

Cards Fan Since 1971
Reaction score
Today's loss at Washington will eliminate Dallas looking past us. I would say we will have to play very well to win.

chickenhead

Reaction score
I'm usually pretty skeptical, but I see no reason why the Cardinals can't compete for a win this week. The Fitzgerald/Boldin tandem is back on-line. They are at home, and the last time they were at home they nearly beat a team that is better than the Cowboys. I am quite concerned about Jones/Barber racking up a few hundred yards on the ground, but that *should* have happened with the Bears, as the Bears defense *should* have kept the Cardinals defense on the field all day.

That said, I'm sure the Vegas odds will be about right, and I'm not predicting a win. But I'm not assuming a loss, either.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard