What are the chances we beat the Cowboys?

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Only one thing I can see that will lead the Cards to victory, my growing excitement that the Cards will have the number one pick overall.

RedViper

Registered
Reaction score
For now the only question is, will the team that actually played decent football this year ever show up again? They have not been seen since the Chicago game. Those guys that bailed out on the Raiders and Packers games aren't even a real football team. They are a joke. Those guys have no chance of beating anyone.

DemDcowboys

Rookie
Reaction score
After such a devestating loss to Washington yesterday, i say Arizona has a snowballs chance in hell of beating us, regardless of them playing at home. Tony Romo is playing excellent football and in his first 2 starts he is 1-1, 48-72, 66% comp, 554 yds, 3 TD's , 1 INT, only 4 sacks. The boys will be out for blood on sunday.

seesred

Reaction score
There is very little to base this on , but this team is too good ( IMO) to just shut down completely. Just look at teams that won last week that no one gave a chance to win. Fitz is coming back along with Brown. The kid Matt has had some time now and things will start to slow down a bit. There will be a lot of blue in the stands,but I can gaurentee this, we the 40 thousand plus strong will be behind our boys to help lift them and us to have something to cheer about

GBR

OP
OP
RugbyMuffin

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
After such a devestating loss to Washington yesterday, i say Arizona has a snowballs chance in hell of beating us, regardless of them playing at home. Tony Romo is playing excellent football and in his first 2 starts he is 1-1, 48-72, 66% comp, 554 yds, 3 TD's , 1 INT, only 4 sacks. The boys will be out for blood on sunday.

Please No Cowturds on my thread.....they stink up the joint.

DemDcowboys

Rookie
Reaction score
how, all i did was post legit info, in no way am i bashing anyone, or stinkin up the joint.... i just answered the question of what the chances ARI beats DAL are.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
how, all i did was post legit info, in no way am i bashing anyone, or stinkin up the joint.... i just answered the question of what the chances ARI beats DAL are.

Cowboys are a hated team around here. But outside of that nothing wrong with what you posted. By the way I agree with you. Whatever chance we had went out the window when you guys lost this Sunday IMO.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
I fully expect the Big Red to play a great game this week. Do we win,
hpoefully. If the Cards make the 'Pies wear their blue it's money!!!

DRVNFAST

Homey don't play that!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Thanks for your opinion and welcome!

You might want to consider a sig change if you don't want to get flamed, we're a rowdy bunch!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i'm just stoked to see Matt throwing to Q and Fitz for an entire game. I have no illusions that we're going to win this game. that's not what the rest of this year is about. It's all about watching Matt get better and now with a full complement of WRs, we'll get a better judge of where he's at and better yet, where he's going.

DemDcowboys

Rookie
Reaction score
Whatever WR has Newman on him, will not score. Newman hasnt allowed a TD in 27 straight games. Henry on the other hand is in a slump, although he does lead the league in pass defends, he is getting picked on alot. As for our WR's, im curious to who will guard them. I know Antrel Rolle will be on TO, but who will be on Glenn? Just curious and tryna gain some info bout the cards!!!

NEZCardsfan

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Who cares....it's an excuse to get out and drink

Chainthroer

Registered
Reaction score
I see a big win on the horizon. Play like we can (i.e., like against the Bears in first half). And, do not go conservative. The team meeting should have cleared some air. No significant injuries and Fitz back in the equation. We're at home with a lot of Cardinal red in the stands. I see a Cards win, 30-17!!

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whatever WR has Newman on him, will not score. Newman hasnt allowed a TD in 27 straight games. Henry on the other hand is in a slump, although he does lead the league in pass defends, he is getting picked on alot. As for our WR's, im curious to who will guard them. I know Antrel Rolle will be on TO, but who will be on Glenn? Just curious and tryna gain some info bout the cards!!!

We dont move Rolle around. Whomever lines up on the right will get Rolle. Whomever lines up on the left will get Green.

NEZCardsfan

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
TO is very physical, and so are our corners. We should be pressed up on the LOS against TO.

I'm scared of Glenn though.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
TO is very physical, and so are our corners. We should be pressed up on the LOS against TO.

I'm scared of Glenn though.

With our schemed 12+ yard cushions Im scared of every NFL WR!

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i'm just stoked to see Matt throwing to Q and Fitz for an entire game. I have no illusions that we're going to win this game. that's not what the rest of this year is about. It's all about watching Matt get better and now with a full complement of WRs, we'll get a better judge of where he's at and better yet, where he's going.

Disagree. The rest of the season for me is watching the offensive line and seeing if we literally keep any of them, or have a firesale.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

If there is a group of WR's that can score against Newman, its the Cards. Eric Green is our #2 CB, but should be our #1. He is a hitting machine.

chickenhead

Reaction score
I thought the Cardinals would be out for blood against Oakland, too, but it didn't happen. We'll see on Sunday.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dallas kills the Cardinals. 27-10.

DemDcowboys

Rookie
Reaction score
If there is a group of WR's that can score against Newman, its the Cards. Eric Green is our #2 CB, but should be our #1. He is a hitting machine.

Not last year. Anquan Boldin had 1 TD, and that was on Henry, on the other side, Larry Fitzgerald was locked down, i think he only had 4 rec for 36 yards. Newman locked him down!!! Boldin only had 69 yards and 1 TD. And 44 of those yards came off of 1 play. He was virtually non-existant as well.

I have never heard of Green before. Anyway, Owens has become Romo's favorite target. In each of Romo's games, he has thrown a TD to Owens(HOU, NYG, CAR, WSH)

Last edited:

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Who knows in general Rolle leaves the #1 guy wide open all day and then when he happens to drop a key pass, Rolle pumps his fists and prances around like Deion Sanders. So he'll probably cover TO. Rolle is a good tackler so he'll give TO a cushion and try to tackle him, Glenn would probably run right by him.

I have to admit I am HIGHLY skeptical of the claim that Newman hasn't allowed a TD in 27 games, 7 TD passes this year, 18 last year, plus 3 games you're saying Dallas has allowed 25+ td passes in those 27 games and not ONE of them was against Newman? If that were true, wouldn't they have benched the other CB ages ago or are they all on the safeties and LB's? NOt saying it's not true just I get really skeptical with those claims it seems like once teams decide they have a Pro Bowl player they hype them up. You used to hear it all the time with OL's he hasn't allowed a single sack this year, then Stats inc started putting out their data and people stopped making those claims. Newman is awfully good though so I suppose it's possible.

DemDcowboys

Rookie
Reaction score
Who knows in general Rolle leaves the #1 guy wide open all day and then when he happens to drop a key pass, Rolle pumps his fists and prances around like Deion Sanders. So he'll probably cover TO. Rolle is a good tackler so he'll give TO a cushion and try to tackle him, Glenn would probably run right by him.

I have to admit I am HIGHLY skeptical of the claim that Newman hasn't allowed a TD in 27 games, 7 TD passes this year, 18 last year, plus 3 games you're saying Dallas has allowed 25+ td passes in those 27 games and not ONE of them was against Newman? If that were true, wouldn't they have benched the other CB ages ago or are they all on the safeties and LB's? NOt saying it's not true just I get really skeptical with those claims it seems like once teams decide they have a Pro Bowl player they hype them up. You used to hear it all the time with OL's he hasn't allowed a single sack this year, then Stats inc started putting out their data and people stopped making those claims. Newman is awfully good though so I suppose it's possible.

Im dead serious,I keep track of Newman every game, and also on Monday Night Football when we were about to play the Giants a couple of weeks ago, Tirico mentioned that Newman did not allow a TD pass the entire 2005 season. It has been mentioned before by Dr.Z on si.com and by many other sources as well. He also did not have 1 pass interference penalty last season. Newman was drafted in the 2003 draft, and had 4 INT's as a rookie. In 2004 he stepped his game up near the end of the season.

Here are the final 3 games of the 2004 season...

@ PHI- McNabb threw 1 TD pass to Tight End Chad Lewis(Here are Newmans stats from this game
5 att 2 comp 13 yds 0 TD

vs WSH- Ramsey threw 1 TD to Tight End Robert Royal

@ NYG- Manning threw 3 TD's(1 TD to Visanthe Shiancoe- 2 YD TD, 1 TD to David Tyree- 15 yd TD, 1 TD to Tiki Barber- 3 yards) Here are Newmans stats from this game-
6 att 2 comp 23 yds 0 TD
courtesy of KC Joyner, espn insider.

Those were the final 3 games of the 2004 season, and Newman wasnt guarding any of those players that scored.

Here are his stats from this season...

Terence Newman
39 att
16 comp
41% comp. percentage
213 yards
0 TD
1 INT
1 penalty
36 yards
6.4 yards per attempt
THROUGH 8 games

courtesy of ESPN Insider KC Joyner...

Add the final 3 games plus the 16 game season plus this season(8 games) and you get 27 straight games.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard