Week 9 of the Arizona Cardinals off season. 3/04/24-3/10/24

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
This seems a good stat to steer clear of. Lots of busts on this list. Nico Collins the only one that's worked out so far.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
I’d say pierce has a good start so far too. But yeah, that’s a sobering stat.

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
Do the Cardinals go after Jones or Wilkinson? A very good DT is a foundational piece for a good defence.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Do the Cardinals go after Jones or Wilkinson? A very good DT is a foundational piece for a good defence.
Scuttlebutt is Jones takes a lot of plays off. Not sure that’s a good fit for the culture Gannon wants to build (making him the alpha of the Defense).

Wilkinson maybe, but there will be other suitors more rich in cap money.

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
People who think that Mike Evans got overpaid are going to be flabbergasted by what Hollywood Brown gets on the open market. Two years, $52 million is about right for such a sure thing as Evans is.
I thought he got fleeced by the Bucs a bit. Feels like he def could have gotten more given his production.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I thought he got fleeced by the Bucs a bit. Feels like he def could have gotten more given his production.
It's really $29 million guaranteed and the rest is incentives/bonuses.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Are we talking about Chris Jones and Christian Wilkins?
Dude has 26 Sacks in the last 2 years and a crap ton of TFLs and QB hits. The Cards would slobber all over themselves to have a player who took plays off like that...hahaha

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Where do you reckon Danger-Russ ends up?

I think the Vikings. They seem to want to draft a rookie, JJ McCarthy is the big rumour, but McCarthy isn't ready to start in the NFL.

They have to ended Jefferson which will eat a bunch of their $40m cap space and they lost both guards and a starting LB they need to replace.

Russ is already getting paid by the Broncos and would basically sign for vet min to play with Jefferson and Addison.

I think Russ would be good in McConnells scheme and for basically free while they develop McCarthy I think it would suit both parties.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Where do you reckon Danger-Russ ends up?

I think the Vikings. They seem to want to draft a rookie, JJ McCarthy is the big rumour, but McCarthy isn't ready to start in the NFL.

They have to ended Jefferson which will eat a bunch of their $40m cap space and they lost both guards and a starting LB they need to replace.

Russ is already getting paid by the Broncos and would basically sign for vet min to play with Jefferson and Addison.

I think Russ would be good in McConnells scheme and for basically free while they develop McCarthy I think it would suit both parties.
I think @kerouac9 is on to something. The Raiders generally like to go after veterans QBs and Russ would probably love to stick it to the Broncos.

If Russ plays well and can win with the Raiders, he effectively rebuilds his brand since the Raiders have a national following.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think @kerouac9 is on to something. The Raiders generally like to go after veterans QBs and Russ would probably love to stick it to the Broncos.

If Russ plays well and can win with the Raiders, he effectively rebuilds his brand since the Raiders have a national following.

The only thing with the Raiders is that they just failed big with Jimmy G. While Russ would be far cheaper will a new coach and GM want to risk a repeat?

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
The only thing with the Raiders is that they just failed big with Jimmy G. While Russ would be far cheaper will a new coach and GM want to risk a repeat?
What other choice do they have?

Russ has by far the best resume of any QB on the market including all of the rookies.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Russell’s starting days are over, or at least should be.
Maybe, but there are only so many QBs to go around. He finished last season 19th in passing yardage and 22nd in Total QBR. Wouldn't you rather have him than Sam Howell, Desmond Ridder, Mac Jones, or Aidan O'Connell?

How funny would it be if he was Deshaun Watson's backup in Cleveland next year?

LOLLLLLL Denver is paying him $17 million in SALARY next year. Let's Ride!

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What other choice do they have?

Russ has by far the best resume of any QB on the market including all of the rookies.

Trade for Fields? Try rebuild Mac Jones? Sign a QB with less stink on him like Tannehill?