Warriors @ Suns 2-8-18

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you think that (Oubre not passing) will pass? Is he just trying to score a lot because he is trying to show what he can do or is that just the type of a player he is?

It's certainly who he's been so far in his career. I was hoping that it was a mindset shaped by the selfishness of some of his former teammates. But I've seen him ignore the wide open man on a fast break many times since he's joined us so I don't hold out much hope for change. I like his aggression and I also think that we overpass sometimes but I hate to see a big man ignored on a fast break like he did last night with Deandre.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
While it may have deserved a T, I don't think he actually touched Draymond when he did it. He simply did it while being close to him and I'm not even sure if it was specifically directed at Draymond (though there is decent chance that it was).

I don't think he touched him either, certainly not with any force but even if he did, there's no comparison to what Green did. You put someone's career in jeopardy when you pull the crap he did last night.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
While it may have deserved a T, I don't think he actually touched Draymond when he did it. He simply did it while being close to him and I'm not even sure if it was specifically directed at Draymond (though there is decent chance that it was).

He was woofing at Draymond right before he did it so I think it's pretty obvious he meant to do it. Did he mean to actually connect I don't know but that should have been a T.

I like Oubre he plays with passion but again all of this stems from 2 years ago when he was playing a very borderline dirty game against the Warriors and clearly Draymond didn't forget.

That's Draymond unfortunately

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
He was woofing at Draymond right before he did it so I think it's pretty obvious he meant to do it. Did he mean to actually connect I don't know but that should have been a T.

I like Oubre he plays with passion but again all of this stems from 2 years ago when he was playing a very borderline dirty game against the Warriors and clearly Draymond didn't forget.

He was not. Sheesh.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who should he pass too?

Crawford?
Okobo?
Bender?
Holmes?

I'm mostly talking about fast breaks and secondary breaks. I've seen him force it up when well covered even with a wide open trailer or running mate. Many times. He did it last night with Ayton for example. I'm actually in favor of our scorers/shooters shooting the ball instead of passing it seemingly to make sure every player gets a touch but when your big man is running the floor with you, you feed him. And it's not just with Ayton, I've also seen him keep it instead of giving the easier layup to Jackson and Bridges off the top of my head.

HeHasRosen

All Star
Reaction score

Lol your hilarious. Draymond is the dirtiest pettiest player in the NBA and your criticizing Oubre for being a dirty player? I realize your a fan but give me a break.

He did nothing malicious. Just taunted him, something Draymond does on a nightly basis. Don't like tasting your own medicine huh?

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lol your hilarious. Draymond is the dirtiest pettiest player in the NBA and your criticizing Oubre for being a dirty player? I realize your a fan but give me a break.

He did nothing malicious. Just taunted him, something Draymond does on a nightly basis. Don't like tasting your own medicine huh?

Yeah, it's a challenge to ever support Draymond even if he's responding to taunts. When you always push against the line and frequently cross it you have to expect some reaction so he should never feel justified unless someone else has actually crossed that line too. And Oubre did nothing like that. It was a cheap shot and dangerous on top of that but today's incredibly gutless NBA will likely do little or nothing at all.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
IMO Oubre would have done the exact same thing no matter who was standing next to him. I don’t believe he was taunting anybody. He’s reacted to that after dunks before.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Oubre has a rep as an instigator. Let’s not pretend that’s not the case just because he’s ours now. That definitely deserved a T. That said, it’s not the same as trying to trip a player which could have a physical toll. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, draymond is a punk.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oubre has a rep as an instigator. Let’s not pretend that’s not the case just because he’s ours now. That definitely deserved a T. That said, it’s not the same as trying to trip a player which could have a physical toll. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, draymond is a punk.

I don't doubt it one bit.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
He was not. Sheesh.

He dunked the missed FT turned around and started woofing at Draymond before he did the head butt.

Last edited:

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I didn't complain about it I said it deserved a T, it did.

My complaint with Oubre is from the game 2 years ago when he put 2 Warrior players in very dangerous situations

Google Kelly Oubre punches Klay Thompson and you'll see the video after Beal put Green in a headlock where Oubre came in and appeared to throw a right hand at Klay. That was after earlier in the game taking a Warrior player out of bounds hard on a fast break which infuriated the whole team.

I'm not defending Draymond at all he tried to trip Oubre on purpose, I'm saying it didn't happen because of last nights game it happened because of what Oubre did 2 years ago. There's a history between those 2 guys, this wasn't just a random Draymond play this was him trying to even a score from 2 years ago, that's one of the issues with Draymond he doesn't let stuff go.

The really interesting stuff is Draymond actually once defended Oubre when he got kicked out of a playoff game for an incident with Kelly Olynyk, he accused Olynyk of flopping, said he should be a man, and complained Oubre was just doing what lots of players wanted to do with Olynyk because he's such a dirty player. 4-5 months later Oubre got into it with the Warriors in a game and Green has not liked him since then.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

He dunked the missed FT turned around and started woofing at Draymond before he did the head butt.
He was woofin but let’s not make it something it wasn’t. “Head butt” no. Hair flip yes. Should’ve been a tech. Wasn’t. Is what it is.

HeHasRosen

All Star
Reaction score
I didn't complain about it I said it deserved a T, it did.

My complaint with Oubre is from the game 2 years ago when he put 2 Warrior players in very dangerous situations

Google Kelly Oubre punches Klay Thompson and you'll see the video after Beal put Green in a headlock where Oubre came in and appeared to throw a right hand at Klay. That was after earlier in the game taking a Warrior player out of bounds hard on a fast break which infuriated the whole team.

I'm not defending Draymond at all he tried to trip Oubre on purpose, I'm saying it didn't happen because of last nights game it happened because of what Oubre did 2 years ago. There's a history between those 2 guys, this wasn't just a random Draymond play this was him trying to even a score from 2 years ago, that's one of the issues with Draymond he doesn't let stuff go.

The really interesting stuff is Draymond actually once defended Oubre when he got kicked out of a playoff game for an incident with Kelly Olynyk, he accused Olynyk of flopping, said he should be a man, and complained Oubre was just doing what lots of players wanted to do with Olynyk because he's such a dirty player. 4-5 months later Oubre got into it with the Warriors in a game and Green has not liked him since then.

Ok thanks for clarifying. It could have been a T no doubt especially in today's NBA. I don't think Oubre is dirty, just a fiery guy. I can relate i was the same way on the court. I even respect Draymond for what he brings but the difference is Draymond is intentionally dirty which is dangerous and that i cant condone.

Personally though i miss the physicality the NBA once had. Im all for the altercations and going at each others necks like guys like Barkley, Shaq, and MJ used to do. Even if it led to blows. Its entertaining

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Say what you want about Oubre but the Suns need more attitude on the team.

He brings passion to the Suns which they are sorely lacking.

I like his passion but I'm not sure we're lacking "attitude". When we start winning with regularity I could see the combination of Booker, Bridges, Jackson and Oubre ruffling a lot of feathers. Might be fun though.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like his passion but I'm not sure we're lacking "attitude". When we start winning with regularity I could see the combination of Booker, Bridges, Jackson and Oubre ruffling a lot of feathers. Might be fun though.

I was going to use these players in my post as well but I thought it might detract from my point.

Jackson, Bridges and Booker all bring intensity as well.

However, I think Oubre might be that cutting edge player that opposing fans and players like to hate, i.e., Danny Ainge.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was going to use these players in my post as well but I thought it might detract from my point.

However, I think Oubre might be that cutting edge player that opposing fans and players like to hate, i.e., Danny Ainge.

He's one of those guys on your team you love him on another team you don't love him.

As I said 2 years ago the downside to his behavior is that people don't seem to notice how good of a player he's actually become.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Actually I think all 4 of them fall in that group of players that other teams tend to hate. Oubre might be the most aggressive of them but Jackson isn't far behind and very little pisses off a player more than to have the ball stolen from him (time and again) so Bridges will have his own "enemies" out there. Booker's game and mouth along with the fact he also plays with an edge will raise the temperature too. We've seen little of this because we have been laughably bad but when that changes, so will the way we are viewed and treated IMO. I laugh anytime someone calls us soft, we are far from that. Soft-headed at times perhaps but hardly soft.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Say what you want about Oubre but the Suns need more attitude on the team.

He brings passion to the Suns which they are sorely lacking.
We actually have a lot of it, just notbwith our stars.

Oubre, JJ, Tyler, Bridges, Melton are don’t back down type personalities. Primary problem is Ayton isn’t and booker isn’t on the defensive end. Our stars have no attitude. Eh maybe book has some but at times it seems like false bravado.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Oubre, JJ, Tyler, Bridges, Melton are don’t back down type personalities. Primary problem is Ayton isn’t and booker isn’t on the defensive end. Our stars have no attitude. Eh maybe book has some but at times it seems like false bravado.

This leads back to the question whether Oubre should be starting over Warren.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Besides the obvious rep for trash talking apparently he also has a reputation for physical play at both ends according to Eddie Johnson.