Warriors @ Suns Wednesday game thread, 11-22-2023

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Facts:
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I 100% agree with this. The piped in, fake noise, is grating and it's only been getting worse the last couple years.

When the noise is constant and over bearing you give your actual in person crowd very little reason to get engaged and get loud. The loudest the crowd got all night was trying to force some missed free throws and get a free chicken sandwich.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Durant, individually is a very efficient scorer.

I think he does nothing to make those around him better, he turns the ball over a ton (and in ways that seemingly always lead to opposition points) and he’s been putrid in the clutch.

I also think he actively avoids leadership and ownership… which is a problem when he’s the vested vet on a team with Booker and a dozen role players.
His simply existing on the floor makes the guys around him better...

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
It's wild how true the memes are.

I cannot think of anything close to this... outside of pro wrestling.

Paul has won 65% of the games played in his career and he wins less than 5% of the time when Scott Foster is the ref and it's even worse in the playoffs.
Have to feel like it is becoming a self fulfilling prophecy to some extent. Scott Foster is so far inside CP's head at this point. Have to wonder, did CP get tossed because Foster hates him or did CP go overboard because he hates Foster?

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Have to feel like it is becoming a self fulfilling prophecy to some extent. Scott Foster is so far inside CP's head at this point. Have to wonder, did CP get tossed because Foster hates him or did CP go overboard because he hates Foster?
Both

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score

I think he does nothing to make those around him better, he turns the ball over a ton (and in ways that seemingly always lead to opposition points) and he’s been putrid in the clutch.

I also think he actively avoids leadership and ownership… which is a problem when he’s the vested vet on a team with Booker and a dozen role players.
KD gets on your favorite Center more than anyone else does - more than Book and more than Vogel - holding those around you accountable is how you make them better and it's what leadership is all about

Best player on the team right now - clutch af - 5 games in a row - and folks still choosing the haterade

Last edited:

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m on my mobile phone right now so I can’t post it but if you check out Chris Paul’s Instagram, he posted the tribute video plus some of his own photos of him as a son as well as a picture of him and Scott Foster from last night

Ended his post with sorry for the early exit

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
The Mavs and Celtics almost gave their games away as well last night. This team needs to gel, and needs to continue to work on chemistry. If we eliminate 30% of our turnovers, we will most contests comfortably right now. That has to be our focus.

And getting Durant some damn rest!!!

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I’m on my mobile phone right now so I can’t post it but if you check out Chris Paul’s Instagram, he posted the tribute video plus some of his own photos of him as a son as well as a picture of him and Scott Foster from last night

Ended his post with sorry for the early exit
CP3 did screw up last night, but I always liked him as a Sun and will have good memories and appreciation for what he did here.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
I like CP3 too but he doubled down on the beeyizzle lol

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I meant to add this last night, Kevin Durant is a clutch player that makes things happen. Players that carry a heavy work load, risk more turnovers.

Durant is averaging almost 37 minutes a game for Phoenix. That's even more than Devin Booker.

When Steve Nash was with the Suns a second time, he averaged about 3.5 turnovers a game.

The Suns are a much weaker team with Durant out of the lineup. One doesn't need stats to see this. He makes everyone better.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A few of us pointing out KD’s bad turnovers is nothing to get your jimmie’s rustled about. We’re all acknowledging he’s playing at a top-5 level.
Well, everyone except for those who claimed the trade would ruin the Suns forever, was one of the worst trades of all time and find any reason to continually trash KD to back up their point up.

The turnovers are bad, but KD is still great. Again, he’s not playing at the level of one of the greatest players of all time which you could argue he was in his first healthy(ish) year with the Nets when he almost singlehandedly beat the Bucks, but he’s still playing as one of the best players currently in the league.

Last edited:

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I 100% agree with this. The piped in, fake noise, is grating and it's only been getting worse the last couple years.

When the noise is constant and over bearing you give your actual in person crowd very little reason to get engaged and get loud. The loudest the crowd got all night was trying to force some missed free throws and get a free chicken sandwich.
Yeah, it’s too many theatrics and it’s overstimulating. We’re a good team, we don’t need to do that poo anymore

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I meant to add this last night, Kevin Durant is a clutch player that makes things happen. Players that carry a heavy work load, risk more turnovers.

Durant is averaging almost 37 minutes a game for Phoenix. That's even more than Devin Booker.

When Steve Nash was with the Suns a second time, he averaged about 3.5 turnovers a game.

The Suns are a much weaker team with Durant out of the lineup. One doesn't need stats to see this. He makes everyone better.

Playing and relying on Durant this much this early is not a good thing.

Suns are begging for him to get hurt

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Playing and relying on Durant this much this early is not a good thing.

Suns are begging for him to get hurt

It's certainly nothing most of us wanted or expected. The Suns really haven't had a lot of choice with injuries to Beal and Booker.

Who would think Durant would have to carry such a heavy load early.

clyde2tw

Veteran
Reaction score
We can win by defense. Okogie was huge with his hustles. Little is raw at both ends but has the right physical and technical foundation to be an above-avg rotation player. Vogel stopped experimenting with giving major min. to Yuta and Goodwin, with success. As PG, Saben may be better than Goodwin if needed.

1982baskets

Veteran
Reaction score
It could be just me, but it seems under this coaching staff and style Durant is waiting and drawing more double teams and same with Booker. Durant is primarily a scorer. However it seems this year both Book and Durant when they have been on the court are trying to be look for teammates.

Ofcourse Durant is an isolation scorer, but just his presence on the court gives the team a big threat that the defense has to focus on. Now you add Book, I think in the games the 2 have been playing together we have the number 1 rated offense in the league.