Warriors @ Suns 2-8-18

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
On the plus side, once we have Melton, Warren and Booker back we will be able kick Crawford and Okobo out of the lineup and we will be 10 deep (9 deep assuming Bender also ends up out of the lineup). This team should be looking much better once that happens.

You forgot needing to kick out Tyler Johnson, who played worse than any Phoenix Sun not named Jamal Crawford.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns got only 5 points from two starters. Bender had 2 points and Okobo had 3.

HeHasRosen

All Star
Reaction score
Oubre may be my favorite sun now just for flexing in Draymond's face and getting him tossed. Extremely satisfying

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
It's been a while since I watched most of a game, and I'd forgotten how bad the Suns' three-point shooting is. I know that it was especially bad tonight, but besides that, I looked it up, and they are dead last in the league. Only Warren, Daniels, and Bridges are above 33%, and Daniels never plays.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Okobo, Crawford, and Johnson combined to shoot 2-20 tonight. It's amazing that the Suns were in the game at all. They've tried about a dozen players at PG this season, and the only one who hasn't been a total disaster is Booker -- and even that's being generous.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No way that was a natural step. Should have been a flagrant IMO on Draymond.

If there was any question of whether that was intentional or not, how Green acted afterwards gave it away. He didn't look towards Oubre, show any remorse, or concern. It's not like it was heated before that. 98% of NBA players would have checked on the guy who tripped in that instance. It's not the playoffs, that was early in the 3rd quarter I think, and we're not rivals of the Warriors so there's no excuse to trip him and be a dick like that. He put his leg too far out to be a normal step. It should have been a flagrant. I hope it's reviewed and they give him a flagrant for it.

Last edited:

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If there was any question of whether that was intentional or not, how Green acted afterwards gave it away. He didn't look towards Oubre, show any remorse, or concern. It's not like it was heated before that. 98% of NBA players would have checked on the guy who tripped in that instance. It's not the playoffs, that was early in the 3rd quarter I think, and we're not rivals of the Warriors so there's no excuse to trip him and be a dick like that. He put his leg too far out to be a normal step. It should have been a flagrant. I hope it's reviewed and they give him a flagrant for it.

Not going to defend Draymond I agree it was intentional, but Oubre deserved a T for his head butt to Draymond's chest after the missed freethrow rebound and dunk, that's why Draymond got thrown out the Warriors were screaming for a T on Oubre.

It has nothing to do with Oubre with the Suns by the way, Oubre with the Wizards was in a game where he instigated several dustups with players including Curry and Klay and actually appeared to punch Klay in the face after a very dangerous chase down where he knocked a Warrior player out of bounds hard. The Warriors players were pretty clear about it at the time they thought he should have been kicked out and heavily fined, I posted about it here when it happened. He's a good player and he appears to have calmed down a bit but he was one of those guys who fairly routinely crossed the line from playing hard to playing dirty.

So I have no doubt Draymond's actions last night were about that game not the one last night

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Googled it the game was 2017. Draymond and Beal were ejected for an altercation where Beal got Draymond in a headlock and tore his jersey. It was started a few plays earlier when Oubre had chased down a Warrior and fouled him hard driving him out of bounds. On this play after the Green and Beal altercation Oubre came flying in, grabbed Klay Thompson and appeared to actually throw a punch. Green and Beal were ejected and fined heavily, Oubre got a T and was fined, and 2 bench players for the Wizards were suspended a game for coming off the bench to join the fracas.

One of these days Draymond will hopefully stop doing that stuff.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I recently lived in Northern Nevada for 12 years and GS was the local team on TV. I knew a 4th quarter pounding was coming, but actually we hang in there. I have seen better teams play even for three quarters and lose by more than 20+ in the fourth quarter. Also, we withstood the usual third quarter blitz by GS. It was a well played game, imho. Minus our top two scorers at that.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I recently lived in Northern Nevada for 12 years and GS was the local team on TV. I knew a 4th quarter pounding was coming, but actually we hang in there. I have seen better teams play even for three quarters and lose by more than 20+ in the fourth quarter. Also, we withstood the usual third quarter blitz by GS. It was a well played game, imho. Minus our top two scorers at that.

The prior 2 seasons it was the 3rd quarter for the Warriors they would dominate and then coast the 4th. The Suns dominated the 3rd and that's happened in 2 or 3 games recently.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Warriors sideline reporter to Boogie Cousins right after the game "The Suns coach said it was their gameplan to attack you early, what do you think about that?" Cousins said "well that worked out for them didn't it? It is what it is?"

I'm still not sure how I feel about signing him but I can understand why he's well liked by players, he's a great interview and a funny guy.
Someone should tell him “Yeah it did, that’s the why the worst team in the league missing it’s two leading scorers nearly beat a team with 5 All Stars on it”.

Defense has been an issue for Cousins going back to his days in Sacramento. It was covered up in New Orleans by Davis and Green will have to do the same for him in Golden State in the playoffs.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Oubre may be my favorite sun now just for flexing in Draymond's face and getting him tossed. Extremely satisfying
Feels good to have a player with a fiery attitude that isn’t costing the team (unlike Morris, Chriss, Jackson etc).

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I agree with that, to a certain extent. Night in and night out I think that's true. Curry has been a bit lazy it seems since Durant joined. He seems content to play 2nd fiddle to KD but KD signed there to be 2nd fiddle himself, which is what a lot of their issues stem from. Curry's not an assertive alpha and neither is KD. Klay shows up night in and night out and balls out on both sides of the court while Draymond is just a head case, albeit a talented head case. If I could take one player from the Warriors and put him on the Suns though it would be Klay, for sure.

If it was only one player we could have from them, I would take Curry because he would provide us some stability at PG as opposed to redundancy at other positions.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Okobo, Crawford, and Johnson combined to shoot 2-20 tonight. It's amazing that the Suns were in the game at all. They've tried about a dozen players at PG this season, and the only one who hasn't been a total disaster is Booker -- and even that's being generous.
And to think it was just a few years ago that the Suns problem was having too many starting caliber PGs....

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This whole season is like preseason to me.

Decent game from JJ again. Also, good game from Ayton. JJ has been starting recently at pf. This game he starts at sg. This is just a very young team and we are going to have to be patient. Oubre had good numbers but a -29 while in. The bench just had no continuity. The =/- numbers are startling for this game. Bender had 2 pts, but also 6 boards and 5 assists in 18 minutes. That kid will have a career in the NBA, he is going to be a productive player, just not what you want from a #4 pick. He was just too young when drafted.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Someone should tell him “Yeah it did, that’s the why the worst team in the league missing it’s two leading scorers nearly beat a team with 5 All Stars on it”.

Defense has been an issue for Cousins going back to his days in Sacramento. It was covered up in New Orleans by Davis and Green will have to do the same for him in Golden State in the playoffs.

Yeah Ayton put up 12 on him early but I think it's just his sense of humor. Cousins was the worst Warriors starter last night in terms of plus minus, for most of the game Curry was the only starter with a positive number.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
This whole season is like preseason to me.

Decent game from JJ again. Also, good game from Ayton. JJ has been starting recently at pf. This game he starts at sg. This is just a very young team and we are going to have to be patient. Oubre had good numbers but a -29 while in. The bench just had no continuity. The =/- numbers are startling for this game. Bender had 2 pts, but also 6 boards and 5 assists in 18 minutes. That kid will have a career in the NBA, he is going to be a productive player, just not what you want from a #4 pick. He was just too young when drafted.

I think that's been a huge issue. With Booker, Warren, and Melton out, the Suns have to shift two players to the starting unit, which makes the second unit less effective. They don't get that Bridges/ Jackson/ Oubre/ Holmes lineup that has really performed well.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
I like Oubre’s attitude.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
I like a lot of things about Oubre, I just wish he'd pass the ball on occasion.

Do you think that (Oubre not passing) will pass? Is he just trying to score a lot because he is trying to show what he can do or is that just the type of a player he is?

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Oubre is a finisher and scorer. Sometimes on the second unit we NEED him to score.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Not going to defend Draymond I agree it was intentional, but Oubre deserved a T for his head butt to Draymond's chest after the missed freethrow rebound and dunk, that's why Draymond got thrown out the Warriors were screaming for a T on Oubre.

It has nothing to do with Oubre with the Suns by the way, Oubre with the Wizards was in a game where he instigated several dustups with players including Curry and Klay and actually appeared to punch Klay in the face after a very dangerous chase down where he knocked a Warrior player out of bounds hard. The Warriors players were pretty clear about it at the time they thought he should have been kicked out and heavily fined, I posted about it here when it happened. He's a good player and he appears to have calmed down a bit but he was one of those guys who fairly routinely crossed the line from playing hard to playing dirty.

So I have no doubt Draymond's actions last night were about that game not the one last night
While it may have deserved a T, I don't think he actually touched Draymond when he did it. He simply did it while being close to him and I'm not even sure if it was specifically directed at Draymond (though there is decent chance that it was).

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Do you think that (Oubre not passing) will pass? Is he just trying to score a lot because he is trying to show what he can do or is that just the type of a player he is?
Hard to say for sure, but one of the critiques I heard from WAS fans about him was that he doesn't pass much, but if he is going to score with decent efficiency than we don't need a whole lot of facilitating from him as long as he isn't getting too far out of control with his shot attempts.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard