Biggest Draft Disappointments

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I think my biggest disappointment was not moving up for Terrion Arnold. He ended up all the way at #24...which means we could have moved up from #27 for probably #90 and maybe a 6th.

Gannon met with him at the combine and they seemed to really like him. I think he is the most talented CB in the draft and would have been considered a steal at #24.

I know this would have caused a ripple effect, but we could have either still nabbed Robinson with #35, or moved up to the end of the first round to make sure we got him.

The odd man out might have been Melton, but again, who knows what could have happened with a guy like Rakestraw slipping all the way to pick #61.

My ideal draft...without changing all the players (because I would have made different picks in some spots)

#4 - MHJ
#24 - Terrion Arnold
#32 - Darius Robinson
#66 - Trey Benson
#71- Used in Trade
#90 - Used in trade
#104 - Tip Reiman
You have us moving up twice and retaining all of our 3rd round picks. How did we do that?

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I was hoping for a WR in rd 3 or 4 but I guess that's not how their board lined up. I can't think of a pick that didn't make sense and all these draftees stands a good chance of making the team, including practice squad

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I think most people wanted us to take a second receiver in round 3 instead of the Illinois players. However if the Illinois boys pan out then Monti and our scouts are geniuses.
I'm so confused by this. Why? We just drafted a 3rd round WR last year who played well. Is it just shiny new toy syndrome? He was 8th in YPG among rookie receivers, and that's with a season of mostly Josh Dobbs, while being 14th in targets.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
I'm so confused by this. Why? We just drafted a 3rd round WR last year who played well. Is it just shiny new toy syndrome? He was 8th in YPG among rookie receivers, and that's with a season of mostly Josh Dobbs, while being 14th in targets.
What happen when him or MHJ get hurt for a few games?

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Because there were like 15 receivers in this years draft getting hype. People think guys like Roman Wilson or Luke McCaffery could be steals. Plus, on draft day it's easier to get excited about picking a prospect you actually heard about before the draft.

Another thing is our depth. Our starters are MHJ, Dortch and Wilson. There's no one way we get through a whole season without one of them missing time, and no one wants to see Chris Moore or Pascal on the field.

I'm personally fine with our picks. If Tip and Adams develop they fix more than getting a guy to compete with Dortch/Wilson.

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
I do not understand the disappointment over the lack of clear pass-pusher. Looking at the scheme we play with a 34 DE in a 4-5 man front. Also how Eagles are playing. Robinson fits that role perfectly. BJ, Gardeck, Zaven are on the other side. No perfect by any means, but the 34 DE was the bigger need.

My disappointments:
I am not a GM and do not have the same player analysis skils, but I would have chosen one of the consensus better player capable of playing on the outside than Melton.

With the quality of WRs in this draft, I would have loved double dipping for WR in the 3rd.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
What happen when him or MHJ get hurt for a few games?
I mean, that's a problem that happens to every team and rarely do they have a great fill-in. It's not great use of draft capital unless you're a great team to be using early picks on guys who are there in the case of something going wrong, when other team needs need to be filled.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
And yet neither of them ever missed a game in college, unlike Robinson and Melton. Newton played through the Jones fracture for half the year and dominated.
Not smart. Jones fractures can lead to a lot of issues. Making my case even more LOL.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Because we deserve a better WR3 than Greg Dortch and he doesn’t even have legitimate competition

I don’t know why this is so hard to grok

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort