The Value of a Murray Trade

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So 1 year for Kansas City embracing the system, where they got to the championship game and lost to the patriots dynasty proves to you it doesn't work?

Yeah ok.

So one year of that team with arguably the best offensive skill players in football Hill/Kelce/Mahomes

Not making it and failing in the championship proves its the the way of the future??

Ummm yea ok....

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Big 10 defensive player of the year as a Soph.Top rated prospect by people who played,scouted and Coached football and has been the top rated prospect for nearly a year.So I will take their word and evaluations over talking heads.The injury concern has some merit but dismissing a solid talent with Pro-Bowl or better potential is foolish and ignorant IMO.For the record Bosa has played 29 games in college..THE EXACT SAME AMOUNT AS MURRAY.
And btw, who “dismissed” him? I just said he’s an underwhelming #1 overall pick which I think has merit. Kindly refrain from putting words in my mouth.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So one year of that team with arguably the best offensive skill players in football Hill/Kelce/Mahomes

Not making it and failing in the championship proves its the the way of the future??

Ummm yea ok....
Tom Brady won't be around forever.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tom Brady won't be around forever.

Doesn’t matter if he is or not if that’s the wave of the future it should beat what he’s doing now no???

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Doesn’t matter if he is or not if that’s the wave of the future it should beat what he’s doing now no???
No. It's Tom Brady. He's an enigma. A unicorn. Once he's gone.. the ball game is gonna change. Imo

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
You have had a guy who ended two seasons with season ending surgeries including an ACL tear out of 4 years

The ACL tear is crazy. He has another one and he is done. I can't fathom how this is just being ignored in his risk
It was a partial tear. Not as significant as a full tear. It required surgery, yes, but he played as a true freshman and didn't miss any time. It's not the same as a full tear with other knee damage.

Again, I'm not concerned about the muscle injury. It's bad luck, but something that all sources say shouldn't be a continuing factor.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was a partial tear. Not as significant as a full tear. It required surgery, yes, but he played as a true freshman and didn't miss any time. It's not the same as a full tear with other knee damage.

Again, I'm not concerned about the muscle injury. It's bad luck, but something that all sources say shouldn't be a continuing factor.

I just keep thinking about how every year we hear "It's just random bad luck that the guy who gets injured all the time is injured yet again"

I am sure Keim loves him though :)

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Lol. And you bash Murray for it!!!! That’s called the height of hypocrisy!

Nonsense.Bosa has been top prospect for nearly a year.Murray has been a latecomer on the scene and according to you Murrayites he is the greatest thing ever and will transcend the NFl.No one is claiming Bosa will be the greatest NFl transforming player like the Murrayites claim.Murrayites run the big ******** and bluster Murray hype machine at full speed and then wonder why people don`t buy it.Bosa isn`t also shorter than the norm for his position where there have been historically very very few successful short QBs.Bosa was a conference defensive player of the year in a conference that actuall plays defense as a Soph.What was Murray doing as Soph besides riding the pines after transferring once.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Ummm yea ok....

But how much is the system, and how much is the player's responsible for the success?

The point is there is not enough data in the NFL to come to a decision on the effectiveness of the system yet - but there is in college, and for you to come to any decision, let alone one that is against the existing evidence is ridiculous.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But how much is the system, and how much is the player's responsible for the success?

The point is there is not enough data in the NFL to come to a decision on the effectiveness of the system yet - but there is in college, and for you to come to any decision, let alone one that is against the existing evidence is ridiculous.

No more ridiculous than your opinion to the contrary.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No more ridiculous than your opinion to the contrary.

I don't have an opinion to the contrary.

I don't know if it is going to work long term. I just object to you saying you know it doesn't work.

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
The reason nobody is going to trade up to number 1 for Murray is easy to figure.
Either the Cards are going to take him or not. If they don’t take him teams can trade up to number 2 or 3 for less cost.

With the Cards on the fence a good enough offer might sway them.

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
the same Casserly that everybody said was senile and had no credibility is now the defining voice on Murray and NFL teams? LMFAO
But I don’t think we said he was a liar.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
the same Casserly that everybody said was senile and had no credibility is now the defining voice on Murray and NFL teams? LMFAO
I saw one video of Casserly and he actually said he thinks Murray is better than Mahomes. I think he is backtracking for his comments on him having one of the worst interviews which he received all that fallout. He stands on what was told him at the combine but then says it's just a fifteen minute interview and proceeds to make that comment on Murray over Mahomes... Casserly is posturing now and I would not take anything he says with a grain of salt, even if it's the sea variety

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I just keep thinking about how every year we hear "It's just random bad luck that the guy who gets injured all the time is injured yet again"

I am sure Keim loves him though :)
There's a lot of different injuries out there. This isn't like a back injury, or inflammation of the knee, or a chronic turf toe... I just don't see the two things we're calling out really repeating for him.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who would you say, right now, is going to be the future of the NFL QB wise once he's gone? If you were to have one
I don't have an opinion to the contrary.

I don't know if it is going to work long term. I just object to you saying you know it doesn't work.

Where did i say that? I said I don’t believe it to be the wave of the future.

Delmar M Lewis

All Star
Reaction score
Where did i say that? I said I don’t believe it to be the wave of the future.
I'll second that thought the game of football evolves sometimes from week to week and definitely year to year who is to say the vaunted Kc offense will be so good in 2019 as it was in 2018 very recent history lesson here ok after the 2015 playoff loss for the Cards almost no one I know of thought they would Not go deep in the playoffs if not the Super Bowl itself the following year didnt quite work out that way did it