LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Very stable fanbase:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Brown is good? He’s been an epic disaster any time he doesn’t coach. Team with LeBron James on the court.

Yeah, Brown is trash, the fact that they were considering Mark Jackson and Mike Brown is a strong sign that the Kings are still making idiotic decisions.

Pleeeeeeeeeease let the Lakers hire Mark Jackson, I won't have to listen to him on the air and he will be one more of God's curses upon the Lakers.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Brown is good? He’s been an epic disaster any time he doesn’t coach a team with LeBron James on the court.

.616 winning %. Sure he had LeBron but most good NBA coaches have great players. He was the first coach to get fired by leBron, even the owner later admitted that was a mistake they hired back after he got fired by the Lakers when their first geratric lineup imploded with Nash, howard and Kobe all hurt. They were 1-4 in his 2nd year when he got fired, and then LeBron came back after that. He's only had 1 losing season as a coach.

Not saying he's going to turn around The kings but he's got a history of being a good assistant coach and he's had a winning record 5 of 6 seasons as a head coach.

Even his losing year in Cleveland was an improvement was not an "epic disaster"

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Brown is the 4th ex Warriors coach to be hired by the Kings since Vivek Ranadive became the owner.

the media is saying the Kings wanted to improve their defense(god yes they were awful on defense) and that's why they picked Brown.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Of course not. The Warriors are one of the NBA’s favorite.
I long ago gave up trying to figure out the reasons the NBA comes down hard on some incidents and does nothing about others. I'm sure it's political but it's not always the favored organizations that get off.

I remember an incident when Matt Harpring was a rookie or a second year player in Orlando. I think Rodman was playing for Dallas at the time. Harpring went up in the air (momentum carrying him out of bounds) trying to save a ball and Rodman walked backwards under him, undercutting him and causing a dangerous fall onto his head and neck. It was clearly intentional, very dangerous and nothing was called then or in the days after.

Similar to the above was the incident that took a still young Marion's heart and soul out of the game. We were in Utah and blowing them out, Stat and Shawn were having a field day down low. Back then they both played with reckless abandon.

Sloan called an angry timeout, screamed at his players and at the first opportunity after that John Starks sees Marion about to go up for a putback so he turns away from the action (so he could claim it was accidental) and then takes a few backward steps into the key (for no basketball reason), undercuts Marion and which led to an unprotected and very dangerous landing.

Shawn was never quite the same after that. And like the other incident, the league ruled there would be no action taken against him.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
proof that not all stats are created equally. Kuminga the youngest guy to start an NBA playoff game since 1971, and only he, Kobe, Tony Parker and Carmelo scored at least 18 in an NBA playoff game as a teenager.

But most of JK's points were in garbage time he was actually quite bad in the first quarter I think he had 4 turnovers before they took him out.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
40% warning for Cheese. We could have done without the graphic details
.616 winning %. Sure he had LeBron but most good NBA coaches have great players. He was the first coach to get fired by leBron, even the owner later admitted that was a mistake they hired back after he got fired by the Lakers when their first geratric lineup imploded with Nash, howard and Kobe all hurt. They were 1-4 in his 2nd year when he got fired, and then LeBron came back after that. He's only had 1 losing season as a coach.

Not saying he's going to turn around The kings but he's got a history of being a good assistant coach and he's had a winning record 5 of 6 seasons as a head coach.

Even his losing year in Cleveland was an improvement was not an "epic disaster"
Jesus… you’re so in the tank that you’ve also got your head up Brown ass so much that you can taste his breakfast too?

The Cavs consistently underachieved with Brown, losing multiple times as a higher seed with HCA to one of the weakest Finals teams ever with Orlando then coached the Cavs to a humiliating 6 game loss against a geriatric Celtics team in the second round which then made LeBron realize they’d never win a title and bolt, everyone in the West welcomed him on to the Lakers who were a joke with him and his idea to run a Princeton offense with Kobe was so atrocious that he was fired after five games his second year there. And the Cavs were so awful in his year there he AGAIN got fired after 1 season.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Still not a fan of Luka's whining on the court but this made me laugh. I have the video link at home, CP3 accuses Luka of flopping, Luka smiles and says "I learned that one from watching you." CP3 smiles, claps his hands and starts laughing.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jesus… you’re so in the tank that you’ve also got your head up Brown ass so much that you can taste his breakfast too?

The Cavs consistently underachieved with Brown, losing multiple times as a higher seed with HCA to one of the weakest Finals teams ever with Orlando then coached the Cavs to a humiliating 6 game loss against a geriatric Celtics team in the second round which then made LeBron realize they’d never win a title and bolt, everyone in the West welcomed him on to the Lakers who were a joke with him and his idea to run a Princeton offense with Kobe was so atrocious that he was fired after five games his second year there. And the Cavs were so awful in his year there he AGAIN got fired after 1 season.

Brown inherited a Cavs team that missed the playoffs Lebron's first 2 years, he won 50, 50, 45 and 66 games in his 4 years as coach. First year he lost to Detroit, the highest seed in the 2nd round. Second year he advanced to the NBA finals and lost 4-0 to the Pop coached Spurs with Duncan, Parker et al who were the better record. Next year lost to Boston in the 2nd round, Boston had 66 wins that year best in the NBA. Next year lost in the conf finals to Orlando the only year he lost as a higher seed. With the Lakers he lost to OKC which was the higher seed.

The first year there was a lockout, the season was shortened and the Lakers made a huge in season trade to get ironically CP3, but the NBA blocked the trade. After the season they traded Bynum because there was a big ego blowout with Bynum and they brought in Howard with the expectation he would miss the first several months with the back.

They went to the princeton offense at the endorsement of Kobe who saw it as similar to the triangle the problem was nobody else liked it, Nash hated it, so after a 1-4 start he got fired. They eventually hired DAntoni to appease Nash, made the playoffs but Kobe blew out the achilles they lost to the Spurs season over.

So ONE season where he lost to a higher seed.

When he got the Cleveland job the 2nd time he took a team that won 24 games the prior year, and got them to 33 wins a 9 game improvement. He got fired because the owner found out LeBron was considering coming back to Cleveland, they knew LeBron wasn't going to play for Brown, so he fired him and let LeBron choose his coach and team which was obviously a good decision as they got a title out of it.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
This has to be one of the worst combined playoffs halves I've ever seen in my life.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This has to be one of the worst combined playoffs halves I've ever seen in my life.

You knew Memphis' defense would be better without Ja it has been all year but this is insane. The Warriors can't buy a 3 and everytime they get close they fall apart. The shotblocking and length of Memphis is neutralizing the paint so they can overplay the 3's.

5-29 with 13 turnovers all year that's been the recipe for a loss we'll see if they can pull it out