The 2022 NBA Play-In Tournament + Playoffs Thread

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK and I was just asking to be clear because I thought you were saying 2 actions based on the draymond play.

If they suspend Poole I'll live with it, but they sure as hell better upgrade Bane to a flagrant and a fine and honestly it could have been a flagrant 2. What made that play particularly bad is Poole, not Bane got the foul there.

Curry is the one who brought up Dillon and Draymond in a tweet. I mentioned it because he did.

When I talk about two actions I'm talking about the disputed foul to Morant. The knee bump and the grabbing action.

If I were the NBA league office I would not suspend Poole.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
OK and I agree but you keep saying 2 actions so are you saying the bump of knees is a flagrant foul? My understanding in the Draymond one is the refs said there were 2 flagrants, the blow to the face, and the pulldown so that equals one flagrant 2. In this case for that to be comparable we need a second flagrant. I don't even agree there's one flagrant but if you concede the knee grab is flagrant, the knee bump would have to be too.

To be clear what I'm getting at is if they suspend Poole consistently it means an injury occurred during the commission of a flagrant foul. Poole didn't even get a common foul let alone flagrant 2. So the league has to change that AND they have to determine that grab of the knee is how Morant got hurt, which we already know isn't true he got hurt twice earlier in the game, within minutes. So if they suspend Poole fine, but they're now setting a whole new precedent.

Then you get into the ridiculous stuff Bane clearly committed a flagrant, I'd argue a flagrant 2 he dove PAST the ball to hit Poole. Ja's intentional trip of Curry should have been a flagrant 1. The play by Tillman on Draymond that's a flagrant 2 and a suspension because Draymond got injured(his eye). We're going to run out of players on both teams. None of those plays come close to the Brooks play on Payton.

The idea that Poole knocks the ball away and a split second says hey this would be a good time to grab his knee and injure him is preposterous. I get why Jenkins said it he's trying to do some gamesmanship and he's trying to fire his team up. jaren Jackson said it wasn't a dirty play.
In the injury front it’s entirely possible that ja had a mild sprain that could’ve been played upon and poole’s action exacerbated it to the extent it’s no longer stable. I would say enhancing an injury to the extent of being unable to play is the equivalent of injuring. The concept isn’t whether you injured a player it’s whether your action will cause a player to miss games. For instance, if Payton had just sprained his elbow but could still play it would technically be an injury but there likely wouldn’t be a suspension.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s the first video of the entire thing I’ve seen. That’s a purposeful grab and pull. From earlier action it seems a purposeful intent to “go at” an injured limb of an opponent (I agree that didn’t cause the initial pain, but it certainly could exacerbate something existing). Don’t think poole is dirty player, but he’s a young guy who may have just let what’s been going on in the series influence doing something dumb.

Yeah, I thought this was the best video of the play in question.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Here is the real reason Grizz fans are making a mountain out of a molehill:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
I can’t think of another playoff series where at least one player had been ejected in each game.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Peeps Memphis are irrational and all in their feels:

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
I can’t think of another playoff series where at least one player had been ejected in each game.
I like what Van Gundy had to say yesterday that the mild mannered players, like Slo Mo, are given less leeway than players that complain all the time, like Draymond Green. That's not right. Green gets away with so much harassment of the refs that it's not even funny.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In the injury front it’s entirely possible that ja had a mild sprain that could’ve been played upon and poole’s action exacerbated it to the extent it’s no longer stable. I would say enhancing an injury to the extent of being unable to play is the equivalent of injuring. The concept isn’t whether you injured a player it’s whether your action will cause a player to miss games. For instance, if Payton had just sprained his elbow but could still play it would technically be an injury but there likely wouldn’t be a suspension.

Right now the standard has been a flagrant foul that causes an injury equals one game suspension.

So to suspend Poole they have to go from not a foul on him at all, it was called on Wiggins, to a flagrant 2 and a suspension. If Morant doesn't play I guess the odds of that go up, if he does and they suspend him you have to ask why did Tillman play in game 3? He hit Draymond in the face with an elbow to try and keep him from getting a loose ball, caused blood and stitches. He didn't get a foul at all. If they review the Poole play and call that a flagrant, then clearly Tillman's was a flagrant and he should have missed game 3.

And Bane should be at least assessed a flagrant and a fine. I would argue his play was much more intentional and much more dangerous than Poole's. If Poole didn't get hurt it was luck and that he wasn't already injured like Ja was.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t think they can suspend Poole.

But it was a dirty play. Anyone arguing otherwise has their head shoved so far up the Warriors ass, they could tell me what Steph had for breakfast today.

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
is it a rule that a flagrant foul leading to an injury results in suspension, or just a trend?

the injury factor is often not based on how hard or inappropriate a foul is,
regardless, imo, it's best to make suspension a rule

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
is it a rule that a flagrant foul leading to an injury results in suspension, or just a trend?

It’s just a ttend

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just lost Crowder for the game and this is extension of Game 3. DAMN IT.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

It's the precedent this year

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Lol:

Attachments

• EF550E9A-8FC6-47EB-A159-35275D96E1E3.jpeg
    EF550E9A-8FC6-47EB-A159-35275D96E1E3.jpeg
    132.1 KB · Views: 2

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s becoming the 90s again.

Yeah the thing is if they're going to go back and look they have to look at all of them and penalize so the players realizing you're not getting away with it. Hit Luka in the face at the end of the half that will be seen later. There were probably 5 guys combined both teams, that got hit in the face in todays game without a flagrant being called. Booker did it twice, Brunson got someone(and got hit by Booker).

Chippy play escalates when it doesn't get called.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I like what Van Gundy had to say yesterday that the mild mannered players, like Slo Mo, are given less leeway than players that complain all the time, like Draymond Green. That's not right. Green gets away with so much harassment of the refs that it's not even funny.

I didn’t t see what happened on that but I heard the comment on tv. I agree with what he said. Vangundy is nice sometimes because he can be too candid.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

mark Jackson was a finalist for that too I wonder if they picked Brown over him or if he still thinks he's going to get the Lakers job?

Brown is good the problem with the Kings is they're one of those teams that has a history of not giving the new coach enough time to do the job.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
mark Jackson was a finalist for that too I wonder if they picked Brown over him or if he still thinks he's going to get the Lakers job?

Brown is good the problem with the Kings is they're one of those teams that has a history of not giving the new coach enough time to do the job.
Brown is good? He’s been an epic disaster any time he doesn’t coach a team with LeBron James on the court.

Last edited: