Suns @ Warriors game thread 2-12-18

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is the second time in a week where a coach has looked at the Suns and decided we are so pathetic that he doesn’t even need to coach portions of the game.

And yet some people are still mystified why I find it so disturbing that McD will continue to make major decisions for this team.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Damn... that was a good block by Chriss.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
End of 1st quarter:

Warriors 25 - Suns 24

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bender replaces Len at center.

Edit: Len is still in the game.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Payton with 16 points and six boards but only one assist in the 1st quarter. A great start, but I'd like to see assists up. But then, in all fairness, he would have had more if his teammates in the starting lineup made their shots.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shoot the Ball Dragan.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
I want to be optimistic about Bender at Center, and I know he's young, but I'm seeing some of the same blunders that we've seen in Len.

Bender (who started at PF alongside Chandler) just replaced Len at backup Center, and I didn't see an improvement.

Payton and the starters are back in. Now for the fun.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Heh, I just yelled the same thing at my TV. He beat his man off the dribble. He had an easy shot/ layup. He keeps forgetting he is not Steve Nash, lol!

So that makes two crazy people yelling at their televisions. :p

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Payton can get into the lane with such ease.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns are not playing any defense though.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Payton is the offense as Warren has zero points and Jackson and Bender only have 2 each.

He keeps feeding Chandler but someone else needs to step up.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Halftime:

Warriors 62 - Suns 45

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I love running pick and rolls for chandler, sometimes when I squint my eyes it looks like Nash to amare.

since we are tanking I'm not mad.

But I don't want to see this crap after the next 25 games. And if triano thinks chandler,len should be getting a combined 48 mins in an NBA game, i want him out too.

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Very happy with Payton. Disappointed that JJ and Bender are invisible.

Triano is such a moron, get chandler and Len out of the game and out of the paint and it opens driving lanes for jj

We literally just saw it work 2 days ago with bender at 5, is this a subtle way of tanking???

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
It seems that the Suns are determined to force-feed Chandler or Len, even though (1) no one other than Payton can make an interior pass, (2) the Warriors have responded by clogging things up, (3) neither Chandler nor Len can catch the ball in traffic, and (4) Len can't finish and Chandler can't shoot free throws. It's a strategy that's guaranteed to fail. Maybe it's just a clever way to tank, but we get it already, figure out another way to be self-destructive.

Also, obviously the Warriors would be beating the Suns anyway, but this is some of the most lopsided officiating I've seen in quite some time.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
I was curious what "The Town" means on the Warrier uniforms so I looked it up.

The Warriors will begin playing in alternate black jerseys featuring “The Town” in tribute to Oakland beginning Saturday against the New Orleans Pelicans at Oracle Arena. The familiar city symbol of an oak tree is also featured on the jersey, which goes on sale Saturday online and at the arena. But the move is bittersweet for residents of “The Town” because the Warriors, who have played in Oakland since 1971, are moving to a new arena in “The City,” better known as San Francisco, in 2019.
I've wondered for decades when they would be moving across the Bay to "the city".

https://theundefeated.com/features/...ome-love-with-debut-of-nike-the-town-jerseys/

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It seems that the Suns are determined to force-feed Chandler or Len, even though (1) no one other than Payton can make an interior pass, (2) the Warriors have responded by clogging things up, (3) neither Chandler nor Len can catch the ball in traffic, and (4) Len can't finish and Chandler can't shoot free throws. It's a strategy that's guaranteed to fail. Maybe it's just a clever way to tank, but we get it already, figure out another way to be self-destructive.

Also, obviously the Warriors would be beating the Suns anyway, but this is some of the most lopsided officiating I've seen in quite some time.

It's mind boggling we as fans can see what is so obvious. The fact that this is not a tank on trianos part makes me want him gone next year.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love running pick and rolls for chandler, sometimes when I squint my eyes it looks like Nash to amare.

since we are tanking I'm not mad.

But I don't want to see this crap after the next 25 games. And if triano thinks chandler,len should be getting a combined 48 mins in an NBA game, i want him out too.

I don't think Triano will be back unless he is an assistant coach. I'd like to see more of Bender at the 5 as well.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
I don't think Triano will be back unless he is an assistant coach.
This is not an opinion, but a thought. Based on past history, I wonder how much of Triano's decisions are being dictated by the owner and GM, as they did with Hornacek.

And, BTW, Tom & Tom just said that Bender intends to be in the 3-point competition this weekend. I questioned it previously, but I'm glad to hear that he feels up to it.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is not an opinion, but a thought. Based on past history, I wonder how much of Triano's decisions are being dictated by the owner and GM, as they did with Hornacek.

And, BTW, Tom & Tom just said that Bender intends to be in the 3-point competition this weekend. I questioned it previously, but I'm glad to hear that he feels up to it.

Bender being in the 3 point competition will be interesting if true.