Suns @ Warriors game thread 2-12-18

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lets see the Warriors do this crap when they're playing the Rockets or Thunder. That's right, it won't happen.

I don't think its being overblown. Its down right disrespectful. Yes we suck right now.

Do Sarver and McD deserve this? yes
Did the Warriors really need to do this? no

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No doubt this was a very discouraging even if Kerr's motives was to get the team involved. He still chose the Suns to do it.

At least Troy Daniels let his feelings be known.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Cry me q freaking river Daniels.

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
"When you're hot and you're rolling? Please."
-- EJ.

When you're hot you never tire -- Triano has to learn how to ride the hot hand.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
I'm torn on Daniels' response. On one hand, I really like that he is not resigned to this team being non-competititive. On the other hand, I think of the Booker fight every time he does something like this and then remember that all he does is shoot and he hasn't even been doing that well recently.

If you take that feeling of disrespect and use it to burn the competitive fire within and make yourself and the team better, then great! But otherwise, you're just kind of a bummer with thin skin.
As the saying goes, respect must be earned. It hurts me to see our Suns lose the respect of the NBA, the refs, opposing coaches, the players and the fans. But that is the point we've reached.

True! The solution is not whining about it. It is about putting together an NBA calibre team and performing like one. And that starts at the top and rolls downhill.

The definition of that is not ... an interfering Managing General Partner; an inexperienced General Manager; benching your "star" player, then acting surprised when he reacts; an unbalanced roster of young unproven players and a few in the twilight of their careers, but very little in between; a player you are counting on out of shape all season; draft picks inconsistent and disappointing; moving your star Shooting Guard to Point Guard out of desperation then seeing him injured twice in his new position; firing your Head Coach a few games into the season; replacing him with an interim Head Coach who announced he does not want the job next season; having three lead Point Guards, then three Centers, competing with each other for playing time; starting six different Point Guards this season (so far); losing by 40 or 50 points multiple times; lack of chemistry on the court from experimenting all season long; and on and on.

NOTE: I just re-read this to proof read it. Even watching it week by week, I am overwhelmed by the incompetence of the ownership, Front Office and coaching staff. The only way to survive this is to change the philosophy by replacing the offenders. But how is that going to happen when the worst offender is the person who was given the responsibility to oversee the team, but immediately made a fool of himself in the stands, then even worse, tried to micromanage professionals despite his lack of experience. For example, having the GM and Head Coach meeting with him daily to get his approval for every personnel and technical move.

I love living in the Valley and I have for forty years. And I, as the rest of you, want to be proud of all aspects of it. Too many of our local politicians have violated that trust. We can try to vote them out of office.

But a buffoon whose experience for running an NBA team was owning a bank in Tucson and being the largest owner of the Suns at 30% has made a mockery out of the team. How can we vote him out of office?

There is a philosophy that you have to get bad enough to make a serious change. Hey, Suns Board of Directors, we're there. It's time!

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
As usual, Jared Dudley with the correct take on the situation.

Jared Dudley to ESPN on Steve Kerr allowing his players to coach. "It shows a lack of respect for an opponent, and maybe right now, we don't deserve respect. When you keep getting beat by 40, teams won't respect you. But it's up to us to change that."

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
The Suns are pathetic. Every bodies making fun of them. Crying about people “disrespecting” you just makes you look even worse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
First team to 40 losses.
The Suns are in the lead for the worst record. They’ve gotta get an All Star with this pick.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lets see the Warriors do this crap when they're playing the Rockets or Thunder. That's right, it won't happen.

I don't think its being overblown. Its down right disrespectful. Yes we suck right now.

How is that different than what D'Antoni lets Harden and Paul do though? If the Warriors do it against them they won't be the only team that is in charge of their play.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Uh you EARN respect. Know a way to avoid this? Play a level of basketball that makes these actions impossible. It’s like coaches who whine about getting blown out. If you don’t want someone to blow you out, stop them.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Uh you EARN respect. Know a way to avoid this? Play a level of basketball that makes these actions impossible. It’s like coaches who whine about getting blown out. If you don’t want someone to blow you out, stop them.

Exactly. This is a manufactured controversy trying to make the Warriors out as bad guys for kicking the snot out of a vastly inferior opponent. Guess what: Professional sports are competitive. If you can't compete, get better, or change careers.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Or quietly plot your revenge.
Don’t cry to the media.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
How is that different than what D'Antoni lets Harden and Paul do though? If the Warriors do it against them they won't be the only team that is in charge of their play.

Green wasn't even dressed. The players took the timeouts, drew the plays up, etc. Not even close to a free flowing offense where Nash/Harden play in moment of the game.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Still there's a professional way to go about things. Yes I said we suck.

Sarver/management deserves this and I guess the players should be considered collateral damage.

I hate to bail the players out but this is a culmination of Sarver's and McD's decisions that led us to this horrible assembly of players and coaches.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Still there's a professional way to go about things. Yes I said we suck.

Sarver/management deserves this and I guess the players should be considered collateral damage.

I hate to bail the players out but this is a culmination of Sarver's and McD's decisions that led us to this horrible assembly of players and coaches.

I really don’t know how people think any coach worth a lick is going to come here to work with McD since he’s been the figurehead of the new laughingstock of the league.

ColdPickleNachos

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I really don’t know how people think any coach worth a lick is going to come here to work with McD since he’s been the figurehead of the new laughingstock of the league.

The upside to coaching the new laughingstock of the league is that you then only need the team to be mediocre to look like a genius.

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
The Suns have had more 40 point losses this season alone than the last 50 years combined. Sarver and McD have run this team into the ground, and it truly shows how inept and incompetent these two are. I hope Sarver sells the team just out of embarrassment. What a clown.

Errntknght

Reaction score
The big thing about being a laughingstock at this juncture is that our opponents won't play as strong against us as they would otherwise, increasing our chances of winning games. Yes, my big concern is still that the team could have a good spurt when Devin gets back. We are pretty close to a lock to be in the top 8 pre-lottery but I think we need to be in the top 6 post-lottery to have much chance at a difference maker. If you're 6th pre-lottery you are fairly likely to get leap-frogged.
A straight forward projection puts us at 25 W, but if you project by breaking out our games vs teams 500+ and vs teams <500, we project to 26 wins. We have 13 games vs 500+ and 11 games vs <500 and guess what we are 11-11 in games vs <500. That means we have a fairly easy schedule left! 25 or 26 W looks pretty good now but Memphis, Dallas, and the bottom three teams in the East are all tanking hard (Chi isn't for some reason). I'm not sure about Sac, I think they're like us, they don't need to tank. With 27 W we are on the cusp but if we get 28 W, we're likely 6th slot pre-lottery. Anyway, Triano needs to take out some insurance - play Reed and Peters all the minutes he can, keep Chandler and Duds on the bench, give Williams lots of minutes if he comes back. Keep Ulis' and House's minutes up. TJ can always use extra rest...

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard