Supporting Member
Reaction score
Warren quits on team and plays no defense and never passes versus

Dario Saric and Cap Space

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is not his offense, that is defense. On your list he is 68 in real +/- which is a better stat to use.

I was talking about his defense. He is bad. 68 out 96 with pure RPM is also bad.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I am not bashing JJ yet. I want to see how all this pays out. I am reserving final judgment. If we get Russell that would be a legit pickup and I could live with the above.

However, what happened to all those reports the Suns will not be going after Russell? Smokescreen?
I keep having people tell me it's smokescreen. They will extend TJ (I guess we can call him TJ now) and sign DLo. The only way I see that is if Oubre doesn't come back. But I keep being told it's possible.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Warren PER 16.36, #6, #32

for

Daric PER 13.12, and the #11

Yes, no matter how you slice it, the Suns downgraded today - both on draft position and on the court. I don't know how anyone can fool themselves into thinking anything differently.

If you want to hold out hope that they will do something amazing with all of that so called cap space, than I guess you can hold out hope. But I will not be shocked when that turns out to be a pig in a poke, too.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wow. Staying near the Grand Tetons. Can’t keep up with all of this.

As an aside. I just figured out what “Grand Tetons” actually means from its french history. Let’s just say it might as well be named “Dolly Parton” National Park.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For sure. I am super happy but this is nearly the exact trade I predicted a week ago.

We are going to love Clarke if that is who we get

I have a feeling you are right. The Suns are building the team on culture and players ready to play.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What makes me most happy about this is that it is CLEAR they have a plan. They have a PG already in the hand or they don't do this.

They are CLEAR in wanting to put the right pieces around Ayton. Clarke is the defender and Saric is the shooter.

They are CLEAR in valuing cap space next year.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow. Staying near the Grand Tetons. Can’t keep up with all of this.

As an aside. I just figured out what “Grand Tetons” actually means from its french history. Let’s just say it might as well be named “Dolly Parton” National Park.

OMG that is my favorite summer trip of my life. Hawaii was nice but the Grand Tetons were epic

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
What makes me most happy about this is that it is CLEAR they have a plan. They have a PG already in the hand or they don't do this.

They are CLEAR in wanting to put the right pieces around Ayton. Clarke is the defender and Saric is the shooter.

To be fair in the past the Suns have had plans that didn't pan out. So does that mean they were plans of plans?!? :D

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I keep having people tell me it's smokescreen. They will extend TJ (I guess we can call him TJ now) and sign DLo. The only way I see that is if Oubre doesn't come back. But I keep being told it's possible.
If we truly are redoing TJ's deal, then it almost certainly will mean that we would be on the hook for less than the 19m we're currently on for. That difference may be what makes a max slot available for someone like Russell.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If we truly are redoing TJ's deal, then it almost certainly will mean that we would be on the hook for less than the 19m we're currently on for. That difference may be what makes a max slot available for someone like Russell.

Dude...stop saying Russell....you're getting my hopes up. :D

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To be fair in the past the Suns have had plans that didn't pan out. So does that mean they were plans of plans?!? :D

I believe Sarver and McDonough were constantly at odds and so we saw two conflicting plans.

This is really clear. Gambo has said it for weeks and nothing has changed. I will take some harmony in the front office and some professionalism and see what happens

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
So it looks like Clarke’s ceiling is Serge which means at best he can be the third piece in a big 3. This only works if him booker and Ayton all flourish together at the same time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sunburn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Ugh I hope so. Kemba and Kyrie ain't coming here. There's only two other PG's in free agency I'd be happy with, Russell or Brogdon.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Only a guess but the Suns may have tried to make up for trading #32.

John Gambadoro‏Verified account @Gambo987

Not a big fan of this trade - Saric is scrappy, plays hard and is tough. Can knock down open shots. Non athletic and no real length. But Philly didn’t want him and neither did Minnesota, who wanted to trade him before they had to pay him when he’s a free agent next year.

3:30 PM - 20 Jun 2019

Gambo is a clown

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What do you do after you look at them? Are there roller coasters or restaurants?

I took a river rapids ride on the snake river. Saw so much wildlife like Bald Eagles

I hiked around there. Had dinner at Snake River Brewing. Took the ski lift ride up to the top.

As a nature lover it was just one of the most impressive places I have been

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I believe Sarver and McDonough were constantly at odds and so we saw two conflicting plans.

This is really clear. Gambo has said it for weeks and nothing has changed. I will take some harmony in the front office and some professionalism and see what happens

It's clear as mud. The only way to prove things have changed is to see it in action. Be optimistic. That's cool. I will believe it when I see it.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This trade looks even worse when you line it up next to what the Pels got.

The Pels go back 4 spots and get 2 1sts.
We go back 6 spots and get Saric.

This just doesn't add up. James looks like he is getting taken advantage of.

Uh this draft sucks that’s why. The drop off from 1-5 to 6-10 is huge

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I took a river rapids ride on the snake river. Saw so much wildlife like Bald Eagles

I hiked around there. Had dinner at Snake River Brewing. Took the ski lift ride up to the top.

As a nature lover it was just one of the most impressive places I have been
You are ahead of us in time. Who did we pick?

Raze

Suns fan since '89
Reaction score
No, Atlanta paid to move up to ensure that they get Hunter. So they paid a 1st (#17) and a second for that. Minnesota paid to move up to 6th - they paid an established NBA player (rank him however you like - he was picked 12th in 2014). You can't compare Atlanta's desire and Minnesota's desire, nor Pels' and Suns'. To me, anyways. If the Suns can get who they wanted at 11 instead of at 6 (with reasonable certainty), it behooves them to move down and get something for the deal.
I actually don't disagree much with this. I was all for trading back. But to go back from #6 to #11 is a big move back. The first 3 picks were set. The next 4 should have been White, Garland, Culver, and Hunter in any order. Reddish is pretty much #8. The prospects afterward are all pretty raw, but there are still some I like.

My point is that #4 through #7 have been interchangeable since the lottery. The same teams that were throwing money at the Pels for Garland/Culver/White should have turned their attention to Cleveland and us. (Many of which were clamoring for either of the PGs anyway, not Hunter) Instead of being patient and savvy, we prematurely traded the pick for a PF who doesn't play D.

And it is very interesting that we had to trade the #32 to get rid of Warren (a former #14 pick) who we didn't want, but Minnesota got to move up to get rid of Saric who they didn't want. I get there's a contract difference, but it still doesn't add up well for us.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard