Suns trade for Royce O'Neale and David Roddy

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm lamenting the picks we don't have once KD is gone or so old he is ineffective.
Your lamenting something... in 2027... 3 years from now? When salary cap will be cleared once KD is gone and we could possibly find another star to take his place next to Booker? And when we'd have more picks to trade because we could then trade picks in the 2030s to try and get more talent?

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Your lamenting something... in 2027... 3 years from now? When salary cap will be cleared once KD is gone and we could possibly find another star to take his place next to Booker? And when we'd have more picks to trade because we could then trade picks in the 2030s to try and get more talent?
Yeah, foresight is nice but to worry about the NBA landscape 3 years from now is pretty wild.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
An interesting thing when looking at the player stats for the team is that only 6 players have averaged 20+ MPG this year. This has to make that 7 players that will get 20+ minutes going forward. The Clippers also have 7 players averaging that much.

Royce will also be another guy that will get up 5+ 3 point attempts per game. Giving the Suns 5 such players (6 if you count Beal who is currently at 4.6).

None of the guys we traded were ever going to fill the role that Royce will and this wasn't even focusing on defense where he is also a good player.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
An interesting thing when looking at the player stats for the team is that only 6 players have averaged 20+ MPG this year. This has to make that 7 players that will get 20+ minutes going forward. The Clippers also have 7 players averaging that much.

Royce will also be another guy that will get up 5+ 3 point attempts per game. Giving the Suns 5 such players (6 if you count Beal who is currently at 4.6).

None of the guys we traded were ever going to fill the role that Royce will and this wasn't even focusing on defense where he is also a good player.
He will not get 5 attempts per game on the Suns - not consistently anyway. Shots are way easier to come by on the Nets where they don't really have go to scorers like we do.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
He will not get 5 attempts per game on the Suns - not consistently anyway. Shots are way easier to come by on the Nets where they don't really have go to scorers like we do.
I suppose we will see, but I think you're wrong. He will be wide open pretty much all night and is not bashful from 3.

As an example one of the guys we sent out in the trade (Yuta) averaged 2.6 attempts per game in just 13 minutes. That is 5.2 in 26 minutes and is around the minutes that I would guess Royce will get.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I suppose we will see, but I think you're wrong. He will be wide open pretty much all night and is not bashful from 3.

As an example one of the guys we sent out in the trade (Yuta) averaged 2.6 attempts per game in just 13 minutes. That is 5.2 in 26 minutes and is around the minutes that I would guess Royce will get.

Having O'neale is not addition by addition as it never has been with guys like Yuta and Gordon. There's not enough shots for the 5-7 guys, especially if their specialty is shooting. And agreed to that consistent minutes make a difference into percentages.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The media strongly hints the Suns were willing to trade for Miles Bridges if the opportunity presented itself.

Perhaps it's a blessing in disguise, he took himself off the trade market.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The media strongly hints the Suns were willing to trade for Miles Bridges if the opportunity presented itself.

Perhaps it's a blessing in disguise, he took himself off the trade market.

Gambo was saying this was so overblown. After talking to the Suns he put this at 1% chance and said it was highly unlikely.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gambo was saying this was so overblown. After talking to the Suns he put this at 1% chance and said it was highly unlikely.

I don't think it was overblown.

In the video below, James Jones looks ready to break into a smile talking about the rumored Miles Bridges trade.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
We can also use the pick to make a trade on draft night. Either way it’s still an opportunity to add a new piece this off-season as opposed to a narrative that the team is constantly hamstrung to add anything to it... a narrative we've seen repeatedly proven wrong with the Beal trade, getting multiple starters out of the Ayton trade, getting Gordon for the minimum and now Royce O'Neal, a piece who's respected around the league, even if not so by you.

Things are about to get a lot tougher:
You must be registered for see images attach

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
We do have the ability to extend both O'Neale and Grayson, both of which fit the profile of guys we'll want moving forward. At this point, you have Book/Beal/Durant/Nurk/Allen/O'Neale as your top 6, and Gordon and other min ring chasers. It's not perfect, but we didn't have any other great path moving forward regardless. We've won 17 of our last 23 while still figuring things out, so I'm feeling much better about our chances moving forward.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Well, looks like we should start peeking at mock drafts.

If we can't aggregate salaries in trades then we're almost certainly keeping using that pick ourselves.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Well, looks like we should start peeking at mock drafts.

If we can't aggregate salaries in trades then we're almost certainly keeping using that pick ourselves.
We can still trade Little, no?