Suns trade #6 for Saric and 11th pick

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ok - so this probably means no Randle or Harris.

Maybe this isn't great news.

If we just use our cap space on Rubio, this won't be good.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
How am I going to watch this team this year. I can’t even imagine a PG that would fit under the cap here. I think they see the plan as booker playing point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Saric is not the solution to ANYONE'S power forward problems.

As Gambo noted, nobody wants him because nobody wants to pay him after this year. He wants starter money, or he will go back to Europe, and he isn't good enough to make starter money.

If anything, Minnesota should have been the one to give up assets in this trade, not the Suns.

James Jones absolutely SUCKS as a GM.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
The NBA draft Lottery really screwed the Suns this year

Actually, the Suns screwed the Suns this year... and every other year since Bozo has been the owner.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
He sure looked pretty good when he played for the 6ers...
Yeah starting PF on a 52 win 76ers team in 2017-18. He was a big part of their offense that year and played 30 minutes per game. We don't need a great PF next to Ayton and Booker, but someone that can compliment those guys. Saric compliments them very nicely on offense and at least gives us some good size at the PF position on defense.

Raindog

Reaction score
Ok - so this probably means no Randle or Harris.

Maybe this isn't great news.

If we just use our cap space on Rubio, this won't be good.

You just summarized the likely outcome of all this...

We re-sign Oubre and some tepid third-rate free agent PG. And maybe add some scrub big to fill out the bench. Draft some project at 11 and that's our BIG off-season.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
It's pretty darn clear who is calling the shots...still.

$arver and his obsession with $$$ and European projects.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Yeah starting PF on a 52 win 76ers team in 2017-18. He was a big part of their offense that year and played 30 minutes per game. We don't need a great PF next to Ayton and Booker, but someone that can compliment those guys. Saric compliments them very nicely on offense and at least gives us some good size at the PF position on defense.
Exactly.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Basically, where are you going to get a guy at his skills for 3.5 million? Even if he walks, we are not quite going to be able to get all top dollar guys.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Only a guess but the Suns may have tried to make up for trading #32.

John Gambadoro‏Verified account @Gambo987

Not a big fan of this trade - Saric is scrappy, plays hard and is tough. Can knock down open shots. Non athletic and no real length. But Philly didn’t want him and neither did Minnesota, who wanted to trade him before they had to pay him when he’s a free agent next year.

3:30 PM - 20 Jun 2019

Raindog

Reaction score

Saric is basically a less comatose Bender. He is a marginal addition, at best.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

He didn't start on that team. Ilyasova did.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Only a guess but the Suns might have tried to make up for trading #32.

John Gambadoro‏Verified account @Gambo987

Not a big fan of this trade - Saric is scrappy, plays hard and is tough. Can knock down open shots. Non athletic and no real length. But Philly didn’t want him and neither did Minnesota, who wanted to trade him before they had to pay him when he’s a free agent next year.

3:30 PM - 20 Jun 2019
I don't buy this garbage either. Philly didn't want him? He was one of two players traded for Jimmy Butler. It's not like he was a scrub throw-in.

Raze

Suns fan since '89
Reaction score
This trade looks even worse when you line it up next to what the Pels got.

The Pels go back 4 spots and get 2 1sts.
We go back 6 spots and get Saric.

This just doesn't add up. James looks like he is getting taken advantage of.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe the Suns really like Brandon Clarke.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Super Dario gives them some shooting, which is something they need.
Don't forget that Monty coached Dario in Philli.

And zero rebounding and even less defense. Basically another Bender or a poor man's version of Ryan Anderson. Maybe we can trade him for next year's version of Tyler Johnson...

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I don't buy this garbage either. Philly didn't want him? He was one of two players traded for Jimmy Butler. It's not like he was a scrub throw-in.

Actually, Covington was the centerpiece of that trade for the Wolves. Saric actually WAS a scrub throw-in.

ArizonaSportsFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
This trade looks even worse when you line it up next to what the Pels got.

The Pels go back 4 spots and get 2 1sts.
We go back 6 spots and get Saric.

This just doesn't add up. James looks like he is getting taken advantage of.
The 4th pick, in this draft, is worlds different than the 6th. It's Atlanta being able to choose Hunter. You can't compare them like this.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So we end up trading Warren for cash and this pick for an basically an expiring contract next season. There is zero doubt this was about money. Look, I am not saying that he isn't a body to fill the lane this season. That might be legit.

I seriously doubt he is here after his contract expires. Does anybody really think this trade was for Saric as a long term solution at PF?

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
So we end up trading Warren for cash and this pick for an basically an expiring contract next season. There is zero doubt this was about money. Look, I am not saying that he isn't a body to fill the lane this season. That might be legit.

I seriously doubt he is here after his contract expires. Does anybody really think this trade was for Saric as a long term solution at PF?
I think they will seriously evaluate him--he's on the last year of his rookie contract and most likely won't be expensive to re-sign. Certainly better than bringing back Bender's corpse.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson