Heat @ Suns Friday game thread 1-5-2024

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
If you're talking about right now, with the benefit of hindsight, I would too. But at the time, I was still seduced by DA's potential.
Watching Bol Bol and how he keeps the ball up high, IF Ayton would just do that, he would be double the player he is now. He would get stripped SO MANY TIMES by bringing the ball down low. It was just simple things for Ayton. That is what is so FRUSTRATING about him!

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I know Book can get sloppy with the ball at times and with double teams but he’s almost at a 3 to 1 assist/turnover ratio. That’ll work with what he’s being asked to do.

I really like how he and Beal played off each other last night and got Grayson some open looks

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I know Book can get sloppy with the ball at times and with double teams but he’s almost at a 3 to 1 assist/turnover ratio. That’ll work with what he’s being asked to do.

I really like how he and Beal played off each other last night and got Grayson some open looks
That is really good for a guy who was being groomed to be a two guard for the majority of his career.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
If you're talking about right now, with the benefit of hindsight, I would too. But at the time, I was still seduced by DA's potential.
Yep, I'm happy to see that nothing has changed. That potential carrot made it hard to move on but I'm feeling better and better about it every day. (in every way)

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

We obviously need to see how this team operates with a healthy squad, but your first paragraph is the danger of relying on numbers to make decisions. The ratio looks great. The on the court execution does not. And the latter is always more important.

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
We obviously need to see how this team operates with a healthy squad, but your first paragraph is the danger of relying on numbers to make decisions. The ratio looks great. The on the court execution does not. And the latter is always more important.
Oh for sure. I definitely think tweaks should be made offensively. I just wish we’d play faster/get into sets quicker.

Vogel talked about us getting more shots than our opponent, well part of that is pushing the pace and letting the ball find the right person.

I would like Beal to initiate more for Book also. Get Book off the ball and be an actual shooting guard. Plus Brad has a better handle and is actually a solid passer.

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
I think Booker needs to dumb down his PG game. Often times he goes for the home run pass (cross court in traffic, lobs off the dribble), and even when he's making the correct read, the pass execution is off. He needs to err on the side of making the simple pass and trust the teammates will get the ball to where it needs to go. Will likely mean less assists for him personally, but more importantly, should be far less TOs.

clyde2tw

Veteran
Reaction score
Book and KD are similar in how they initiate, Beal is different and provides some needed change of pace. The combination of the 3 togehter can be lethal, as long as they don't revert to having Book holding the ball too long. One of them will be matched with a 2nd-tier defender to exploit for advantage.