Suns @ Heat Saturday game thread 8-8-20 (season restart)

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Your feed is like 10 seconds ahead of mine and somehow you always post in that time about big buckets. Glad to know it's coming but it's frustrating that I'm a little behind the live action for whatever reason.

I'd like to think I'm really, really quick. :D LMAO

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If we let Carter go who wants to bet we'll hate facing him when he lands in San Antonio or Miami? He just seems like the perfect player for either team, hope we keep him instead.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jevon Carter brought it tonight.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Two major gms coming thunder and 76ers not gonna be easy

But what ever happens I am damn proud of Booker's suns!!!

Hope they continue playing with this fire next season

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He played well to end the game but he needs to play better. Letdown after last game

I don't excuse Ayton for off games but he is an essential part of the Suns winning. He is always a persistent threat who has to be defended.

Also the Suns don't have a center off the bench.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
I don't excuse Ayton for off games but he is an essential part of the Suns winning. He is always a persistent threat who has to be defended.

No doubt about it. You just see flashes of what he CAN do and its a major disappointment when he plays nowhere near his potential

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
If we let Carter go who wants to bet we'll hate facing him when he lands in San Antonio or Miami? He just seems like the perfect player for either team, hope we keep him instead.

We HAVE to keep him as our fifth guard. He is PERFECT for that role.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Top 5 win of the season right here. Maybe a top 10 in the last 10 years, definitely top 20.

Please keep in mind the context of my comment.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
The ghost had 18 points and 12 points. He should have got a block on Olynyk layup attempt.
Ayton had one really good quarter and that’s it. Ayton could’ve had 30 today had he been awake in the first half

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Ayton had one really good quarter and that’s it. Ayton could’ve had 30 today had he been awake in the first half
And we won despite that. Arguably we won because of his good quarter.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Pretty amazing he put up those stats in an off game though.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Thanks for turning my stomach. Carter in a Spurs jersey and becoming a potential All-Star under Pop is realistically frightening.

I know I added the potential All-Star part but I think Pop could really get a ton out of him. Look at how far Tony Parker improved over his career for an example of a PG who Pop developed. I think Parker would have fizzled out of the league on most other teams. He had speed and that was pretty much it early on.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Thanks for turning my stomach. Carter in a Spurs jersey and becoming a potential All-Star under Pop is realistically frightening.

I know I added the potential All-Star part but I think Pop could really get a ton out of him. Look at how far Tony Parker improved over his career for an example of a PG who Pop developed. I think Parker would have fizzled out of the league on most other teams. He had speed and that was pretty much it early on.
I get your sentiment but he will never be an all star.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Saric had another good outing with 10 points, 8 boards, and solid aggressive play inside on both ends. He had a +7 for the game, which tied him for 2nd best +/- with both Cam's putting up the same +7. Carter led the pack with a +11.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Can Johnson is blossoming before our eyes. I’m actually reminded of Booker, drafted at 13 and known as a shooter only. Nobody thought he would turn out like this. Could Cam be heading down a similar path?

His improvement has not been subtle, that’s for sure.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Pretty amazing he put up those stats in an off game though.
Agree. Not concerned about Ayton long-term, but this isn’t even a close game if Ayton’s engaged from the tip

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score

Is that a Parker - Carter comparison?? [emoji15]

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Can Johnson is blossoming before our eyes. I’m actually reminded of Booker, drafted at 13 and known as a shooter only. Nobody thought he would turn out like this. Could Cam be heading down a similar path?

His improvement has not been subtle, that’s for sure.

He added muscle and has become a very solid stretch 4. Still has a lot he can improve on as well

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard