So how do we beat the Rams?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We have no chance as Kliff is possibly the worst game planner in the league. Two games on the trot we have sucked in the 1st half in one way or another.

But to have any chance.

1. Put pressure on Stafford. He's not comfortable on the move or outside the pocket. Our D line needs to wake up and start getting more sacks.

2. Cover Kupp. They have other good receivers but Kupp is the key to their offense. This might seem counter intuitive but I'd be tempted to man him with Wilson. Wilson is the only CB we have that has the agility and speed to keep up with a tricky Kupp.

3. On offense use all our weapons. Especially TE where the Rams struggle.

Last edited:

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Rams have been stealing our lunch money for how long?

At some stage we have to stand up for ourselves. Get down and dirty. Scrap, fight, disrupt and find a way.

Feel that this week's game is a signpost game. Will be indicative of where our 2021 is heading.
Exactly where the leadership of Watts needs to come into play. We have not been a physical football team under KK. Exactly why we brought in Watts, traded for Hudson, & drafted another stud ILB. We cannot let the Rams jump on us & bully us. Someone needs to step up and punch them in the kisser right out of the gate. It can be done.

OP
OP
SoonerLou

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Gotta think this game gets Joe Buck/Troy Aikman right?

No way is the 49ers/Seahawks a bigger game.

Edit: Wouldnt be surprised if they did Cowboys/Panthers though.

Last edited:

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Exactly where the leadership of Watts needs to come into play. We have not been a physical football team under KK. Exactly why we brought in Watts, traded for Hudson, & drafted another stud ILB. We cannot let the Rams jump on us & bully us. Someone needs to step up and punch them in the kisser right out of the gate. It can be done.
Hicks is going to struggle a lot vs the deep crossers and misdirection. Golden and Chandler better be ready for the bootlegs.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I wish players and coaches are reading this thread to know how most really feel about them

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Hicks is going to struggle a lot vs the deep crossers and misdirection. Golden and Chandler better be ready for the bootlegs.

Forget about Golden. Jones, 31, will be "abused" by Whitworth, 39. They will not even chip Jones.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Pretty much need a near perfect game.
- Got to control time of possession and move the ball
- Pass rush needs to make Stafford uncomfortable all game
- Can't turn ball over
- No costly mistakes
- Limit penalties (no extended possessions)

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We didn’t play them last year until December, which by then our DL was decimated and we were playing guys off the street. On paper, the Rams look like the better team. But, I disagree with those that think we will get waxed. I’m looking forward to an entertainingly close game.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We didn’t play them last year until December, which by then our DL was decimated and we were playing guys off the street. On paper, the Rams look like the better team. But, I disagree with those that think we will get waxed. I’m looking forward to an entertainingly close game.

I don't really think we will get waxed either. Kyler is too talented for that to happen. But I guess it depends on you definition of waxed - if you think the Bucs just got waxed than yes that could happen to the cards.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't really think we will get waxed either. Kyler is too talented for that to happen. But I guess it depends on you definition of waxed - if you think the Bucs just got waxed than yes that could happen to the cards.
Bucs def didn’t get “waxed”. They were also without Antonio Brown. JPP and 2/4 if their starting secondary. They were def short handed last night and still competed. Those two will likely meet in the playoffs.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
There are many ways we COULD beat the Rams. I love my Cards but I am looking at a double digit loss. Hope I’m wrong but I’m not betting on it.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Get pressure on Stafford and Kyler having a good day should be enough to get it done. No guarantee of either and especially both, but it is far from impossible.